huntin Texas

RBraddy

huntin Texas

Post by RBraddy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

One more season behind us. Had a pretty good year under the circumstances. Went to Texas for the last 3 days of the season and had some decent luck. We were moved 9 coveys everyday that we hunted and only had one covey get up wild. We had some really nice dog work. Everything that i herd was that the quail numbers were way down so we were lucky that we found that many birds. With any luck they will have a good hatch and better number next year. In the mean time i need to work on my wing shooting. If i would have shoot better we might have had our limit everyday.

gspkimber

Re: huntin Texas

Post by gspkimber » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Where did you hunt? I live in Tucson, AZ. I want to maybe travel there next season and give it a shot. My mother lives outside of Dallas. I think it would be fun to hunt texas quail. It will be my pups second season. What info could you give me?

bossman

Post by bossman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:03 pm

gspkimber...Stay in touch. We live North of Dallas and have a lease in Throckmorton. Usually pretty good. This year was the worst I can remember. If it looks good next year..might get together..Also want to get a guy down from Ohio, but it would have been a waste of gas money this year..Where does your mom live?

tori

Post by tori » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:21 pm

r brady
where did you hunt in texas? that is the best report i have heard from anyone this year

gspkimber

Post by gspkimber » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks guys!

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Awesome hunt! Sounds like good dog work too.... much better than my experience in TX this year.

You and walker getting ready for next season?
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

Duane M

Post by Duane M » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 am

tori wrote:r brady
where did you hunt in texas? that is the best report i have heard from anyone this year
Agreed on that! I know people who hunted from around Canadian, to Wichita Falls, to Albany, to the Big Bend area no one had that kind of reports. Many guide services even shut down early, or in some cases did not even schedule this year, due to the very poor populations. One guide who works out of Reydon Ok said this was as bad as he could ever remember and he has been guiding for over 30 years.

RBraddy

Post by RBraddy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Yea i guess we got lucky ......we hunted a few different pieces of private ground up in the panhandle but that is all the info that i can reveal. Good luck to everyone next year.

bossman

Post by bossman » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey..Rbraddy...How about the county in Texas..Can you "reveal" that? Gosh..Not asking where the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine is...Well, after this season, maybe close...