FC LEIGHTON'S ACE MONA or NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF pup ??

GrayDawg

FC LEIGHTON'S ACE MONA or NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF pup ??

Post by GrayDawg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:07 am

I'm trying to understand if it would be possible to get a pup from a GSP breeding that was linebred back
to FC LEIGHTON'S ACE MONA .

In the event that this would not be possible, I'd be very interested in finding a GSP breeding that was linebred
back to NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF instead. Who or where would/could any of you point me to?

- A name/contact info of a breeder/owner of such a dog would be great
- A kennel name?
- An owner/contact info of one of NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF's grand daughters?

Any port in a storm- I'll take any help that any of you can dispense as to where I might be able to find such a pup.

Thanks,

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

Hotpepper

Re: FC LEIGHTON'S ACE MONA or NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF pup ??

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:37 am

In my 25 years around the field trial world, I have not seen any of that I can remember. Call John Steiger at Fine Line Kennels, he ran Buddendorf and if there is anything around he might know.

I would say that the stretch there would be 10 genereations and way to far to impact

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:46 am

GrayDawg wrote:I'm trying to understand if it would be possible to get a pup from a GSP breeding that was linebred back

In the event that this would not be possible, I'd be very interested in finding a GSP breeding that was linebred
back to NFC DC LEIPCHEN BUDDENDORF instead. Who or where would/could any of you point me to?

- A kennel name?

Any port in a storm- I'll take any help that any of you can dispense as to where I might be able to find such a pup.

Thanks,

Rob

I am curious why you are looking for dogs breed off of these two in particular? Honest question not being rude. What are you hoping to get that you can't get out of lines that are more readily available today?

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 am

Jerry ,
Steger's kennel name in Direct Kennels http://directkennels.com/index.html.

Robert

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 am

Rob,

As Jerry said, you're chasing a name on a pedigree at this point. Mona was born in '74; it's nearly impossible to truly linebreed on any dog for 30+ years, much less a female. The difficulty in linebreeding on a female is that females are usually not bred to enough different males of differing pedigrees to give you enough genetic diversity. An NFC female might be bred to two or three different males; the stud male at the local hunt club might be bred to 10 or 20 different females. Much easier to linebreed on him than her.

The last dog I could find that would be considered linebred on Mona would be Windwalker's Desperado.

FWIW,
Dave

(btw, Jerry, wasn't Buddendorf run by Ed Husser? I show him as the handler of record for both of her National Championship wins)

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Dave, check thd allbreed records for her timeframe. John talks all the time about taking her in a race tothe sandhills at Princeton IL. That would have been the allbreed.

She was like Ginny and a couple of others, was not bred enough for sure.

Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:50 pm

ACooper wrote:
GrayDawg wrote:I'm trying to understand if it would be possible to get a pup from a GSP breeding that was linebred back

- A kennel name?

Thanks,

Rob
I am curious why you are looking for dogs breed off of these two in particular? Honest question not being rude. What are you hoping to get that you can't get out of lines that are more readily available today?
As a 20 year old, I was fortunate to see Mona run not once- but twice. She took my breath away on both occasions.
I know what I like when I see it. In the 25 years since, there may have been 4 or 5 GSPs that I've seen run that embodied
the combination of style, drive, manners & biddability that I saw in Mona years ago- and 3 of them were males.

Having "it" is one thing, being able to throw it is quite another.

Rob
Last edited by GrayDawg on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:03 am

As a 20 year old, I was fortunate to see Mona run not once- but twice. She took my breath away on both occasions.
I know what I like when I see it. In the 25 years since, there may have been 4 or 5 GSPs that I've seen run that embodied
the combination of style, drive, manners & biddability that I saw in Mona years ago- and 3 of them were males.

Having "it" is one thing, being able to throw it is quite another.

Rob

Perfect explanation Rob, having seen her run you have a leg up on some of us. As I mentioned before and Dave stated, probably Windwalkers Desperado was the closest to it, and I have no Idea how many times or tight Dezzy was bred on.
But when you find the next one let me know will ya..... :wink:

edited by Greg to correct PHP tag.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:37 am

Now to run down Windwalker's Desperado.............
......... the chase continues!

Rob

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 am

Give Phil Mathiowetz a call at Windwalkers Kennel, he might help ya out.
Someone correct me here, but I think Dezzy was ran by Dave King at one point, might try him as well............
Good luck man.......IMO your chasing a ghost....your best bet is finding a linebred Luke dog........there's a few out there...but there again then you have a linebred Luke dog...

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 am

I agree with the posts above about chasing a ghost. Rusty gets credit for producing alot of great pups, but if you really look at it, the credit should go to Mona. She produced Leipchen Buddendorf and Rusty out of two different sires. The problem is that it was a long time ago, and you are definitely not going to find any pups out of her, she is gone. Linebreeding is also not the art it once was, so you will probably find people willing to claim they have pups linebred on her, but the best you can expect at this point is to see her name a couple times in a pedigreee, and it will be way back five generations ago.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:33 am

Wagonmaster wrote: Rusty gets credit for producing alot of great pups, but if you really look at it, the credit should go to Mona. She produced Leipchen Buddendorf and Rusty out of two different sires.
Absolutely no arguement here. Hence my desire for a Linebred Mona pup.

Wagonmaster wrote: Linebreeding is also not the art it once was, so you will probably find people willing to claim they have pups linebred on her, but the best you can expect at this point is to see her name a couple times in a pedigreee, and it will be way back five generations ago.
I've found a stud where Mona shows up 4 times 4 generations back. I've also put in a call to Phil at Windwalker Kennels.

Rob

LaTexCLB

Post by LaTexCLB » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Just curious if this worked out for you. I just recently noticed that M'Credible Gun Dogs has a bitch with Dixieland Luke appearing 5 times in the fourth generation.
Impressive KaZoya Rusty Mia Reduxx http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genedit.php?id=4133

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:04 am

LaTexCLB wrote:Just curious if this worked out for you. I just recently noticed that M'Credible Gun Dogs has a bitch with Dixieland Luke appearing 5 times in the fourth generation.
Haven't been able to pursue it too much as this was/still is a very busy year for our family.
I did notice that Windwalker's Abbey (I know there's a bunch of letters that belong in front of her name) has been bred to another top notch FT dog
and puppies are expected in late November-ish? (hope I got that right)........ that would be a pretty good bet in my book if one was looking
for a breeding with at least one dog who went back to Mona (via Desperado).

Rob

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 am

She also produced Lillie v Semken I believe... heres the pedigree. I don't know of anything really close to MRK's Western Pride, but look for it. Here's the pedigree:
http://nextgenerationgermanshorthairs.n ... erations=5

trueblu

Post by trueblu » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:39 am

Funny to see this post pop up again. But, I would tell you to call Rabidou, he is a walking encyclopedia and I guarantee he will know who would have the closest thing to Mona and Leipchen.

GunDogAdventures

Post by GunDogAdventures » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 am

Okay, call it ghost chasing or just some interesting pedigree research - whatever you will. But can someone tell us if Craigs Moontige ever bred to Leighton's Ace Mona?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:10 am

All I have on Mona was she was bred to JG's Ludwig V Duesenberg, which produced Rusty and littermates and she was bred to Tip Top Savage Sam that produced Leibchen Buddendorf and others....

msrkennels

Post by msrkennels » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 am

The reason leipchen wasn't bred much is she couldn't produce even good gun dogs.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 pm

msrkennels wrote:The reason leipchen wasn't bred much is she couldn't produce even good gun dogs.
How many times was she bred? I think I know of twice. Luke and his sister Liz were the only ones I knew of that were nice dogs