Gsp Heat Cycle ?

nitrex

Gsp Heat Cycle ?

Post by nitrex » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm

I have a 3 year old female GSP that we have been planning to breed for several months. On Monday she began to swell in her vulva. We have not seen any blood yet. She has never bleed very much in her other heat cycles, but usually has some bloody discharge by day 4. Should I be concerned, or is no discharge ok? Do I start counting days when the blood appears or when I see the swelling? I have been keeping a close eye on her as we have been waiting for this spring heat cycle. I am planning to have her at the stud owners by Saturday which will be day 6 if I start counting on the day I first noticed the swelling. Thanks for any imput!

Nitrex

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:11 pm

I have always counted from the first sign of blood. You might use a tissue to check in case you don`t see it. Day 6 should be good, but don`t be surprised if she is not ready until 10-14 days.
brenda

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:15 pm

Thanks! I've tried the tissue several times per day, but haven't seen any signs of blood. I still hope everything is ok!

Nitrex

QCBirddogs

Post by QCBirddogs » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:50 pm

If you are concerned and time is an issue.....have a progesterone test performed.

Phil