Grouse Hunting in Potter County Pa

Ryman Gun Dog

Grouse Hunting in Potter County Pa

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Grouse Season this year on the northen tier of Pa has been just fantastic to say the least, great dog work good companionship and fantastic hunting.
We train and raise Grouse dogs at Pine Creek Grouse dog Trainers and have men and ladies in from all over our Country. Eric Miller the Chief
Pa SGL Biologist and his father spend time with us each season, along with the 84 Lumber suppliers and many different dog breeders, and back woods friends.
I thought you might like to see a few pictures that were taken in the Pa Grouse woods and at the training facility.
RGD/Dave

The 84 boys moving down the Tram Road spook a far out Grouse, from the edge of the Tram Road, note the Grouse in flight banking right, just above the Tram Road.

Harold & Ken move up on our Female Gordon Setters Grouse Point, as Daisy our Ryman Setter Backs.

Ken with his 1st Grouse, taken over Penny and Daisys fine Grouse Set.

Harold with a large Grouse from the same set up, Marines don't smile even when Grouse Hunting.

The men move up on another fine Grouse set by Penny, this time the Grouse beats them.

Ken being presented with his 1st fine Grouse.

Harold celebrating with Pine Creek Ryman Daisy, after making a 50+ yard kill shot on the big Grouse, with a 20 guage double gun.
To say the least the old Marine Sniper shoots more than just a rifle very very well.

RGD with a fine bird taken over Daisys beautiful set up, a heck of a lot closer than 50 yards.

Jonny with her opening day Grouse birds

Jonny telling Daisy, she now belongs to her, we all know that is not going to work.

Ken admiring his 1st Grouse, and the Parker 16 Guage DHE he took the bird with, as Daisy looks on.

Jonny thanking Daisy for her opening Day limit.

Jonny catches RGD sneaking off with a couple beautiful Grouse from her home Covert, Daisy set these birds up so quickly I did not have time to put on my hunting vest.

Come experience Potter/Tioga County, Pa for your self some day. As the Seneca law says, come in Peace, depart in Peace.

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers, mountain training facility in the Tioga Forest

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

redman25

Re: Grouse Hunting in Potter County Pa

Post by redman25 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Always great pics Mr. Dave! Has me anxious to get my pup up to southern WV for some hometown grouse shooting. Keep the pics coming.

Adam

SpinJen

Post by SpinJen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Great pics!

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Redman25 & SpinJen,

Thanks so much and Redman I hope you make it back to WV and do some home town Grouse hunten, I have always been amazed that on these
boards its the disagreements that draw posters instead of pictures of beautiful mountains, homes and people.
Thanks for your comments.
RGD/Dave

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:05 am

Ryman,
Great photos and good looking country. I reminds me of stuff I used to hunt growing up in New England. I couldn't tell from the pictures but do you guys have any of the ruff grouse color phase where they have both the red tail and ruff? The first time I saw one of those was one I shot in N. Idaho.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Fiskvik,
We have all the different phases here in Pa, depending on where you are hunting, the red stuff is more toward South Western Pa, we have some Gray birds mixed in with our Brown stuff here in Potter/Tioga. The birds are beautiful and sometimes larger than normal.
RGD/Dave

One of our large Pa Grouse