Pa Grouse Hunting - 1st Part of the Season

Ryman Gun Dog

Pa Grouse Hunting - 1st Part of the Season

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Its been a real great 1st part of the Grouse hunting season here in the Pa mountains. This year the 1st two weeks of Grouse season here at the training facility were reserved for close friends, and a few new ones who had never shot a Grouse before. Eric Miller and his father were up, Eric is our Chief Pa State Game Lands Biologist,
and he and his father are good friends, they have their camp, just over the top of the mountain top. My brother Kurt and his 84 Supplier gang from Tenn and North Carolina were in also. Lynn Dee owner of Fire Side Kennels in Vt brought her outstanding Ryman female, who is the mother of my latest Ryman male pup. My good friend Harold was up from Lancaster/Lebenan County Pa, Harold is the man who breeds our Weimar Grouse dogs, and my friend Jonny from just down the road graced us with her presience also. Ken a gun shop owner from Ohio made his 1st trip to our mountain facility and enjoyed himself fully. I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures of the different Grouse hunts and a couple here at the mountain home also.

Kurt and the 84 men Spooky a Grouse far out while walking the Tram Road, notice the Grouse upper right of the Tram Road as it flys banking off into the Grouse woods.

Ken and Harold move up on a perfect Grouse set by Penny our Gordon Setter, while Daisy our Ryman Setter backs.

Ken with Daisy, being presented with the very 1st Grouse he has ever taken, from Penny and Daisys fine Grouse set just minutes before.

Harold with a fine Grouse he took at some 50 Plus yards with his 20 Guage double gun, needless to say the old Marine Sniper shoots more than just his rifles very very well.

Ken & Harold close in on another fine Grouse set by Penny, the birds beat them this time.

However they don't beat the old man with the L.C. Smith Silver Breach 16 Guage double gun, even after he took the picture of Ken & Harold.

Harold playing with Daisy after she set up his 2nd Grouse.

Ken with his big Grouse and the Parker DHE he took the bird with.

Harold with his big Grouse and a couple beautiful double guns back at the mountain facility.

Ken admiring his Parker & 1st Grouse, as Pine Creek Ryman Daisy looks on.

Jonny catches RGD sneaking off with a couple fine Grouse from her home Covert, Daisy set these birds up so fast I did not even have time to put on my Hunting Vest

Jonny with her opening Day birds.

Jonny thanking Daisy for her Grouse.

The Pine Creek Grouse Dog Training facility & mountain home.

RGD with opening day Grouse birds, they call Potter County Gods Country cause it truly is, come experience it for your self some time.

A fine pair of 16 Guage bird guns and a beautiful Potter County Thunderking

Ken Shows off his Grouse, the smile tells how much he enjoyed himself on his 1st Grouse hunt.

Daisy & Penny with a couple fine Grouse as we leave the mountain for the home training facility.

Birddogz

Re: Pa Grouse Hunting - 1st Part of the Season

Post by Birddogz » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Nice pics. Oh, how I miss hunting Ruffs. I might have to go up to the turtle mountains for a day next year.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

mudhunter

Post by mudhunter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Nice pictures. You might what to make sure your friends display their license. Plus I would hate to have the game warden pull up on you standing on a road without proper orange with a gun and bird! PA Game commision could make some money at your camp.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 am

Mud,
The Pa Game Commission is always welcome here, Eric is the head PGC, SGL Biologist and we never violate any laws here.
The men you see without licenses on their back in the pictures, displayed them on the front of their vests, out of state guys you know. As for me, I was on private property with an empty double gun, after the hunt was over. Thanks for the advise however, if you are ever up this way stop in.
RGD/Dave

A Potter County Drumming Thunderking

yetinme

Post by yetinme » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Nice pictures, our land is getting buried with snow now so tougher walking now> :|

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 am

Yetinme,
I here you guys are getting some serious snow out your way, be careful as you hunt.
Sir I really like your Avatar picture, I would trade you anything I own to have a boy like yours, take care of him, and never take for granted what God has blessed you with.
Merry Christmas
RGD/Dave

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 am

Nice! Is that lodge a club? Nice looking place. I got back to grouse for a couple days this year, been to long! I think next year I'm gonna spend more time at it. Good to see everyone shooting proper bird guns!
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Don,
My training facility and mountain home is not a lodge, although some I swear think it is. We train Grouse dogs here for men & ladies all over the USA.
We take no clients from this or any other forum, if you are a Wounded Warrior, Veteran or active duty Personell, you may use our facility free of charge, and we will help you train your Grouse dog, or teach you how to Fly Fish. This entire Grouse Dog and Fly Fishing business revolves around helping Military sportsman, as they are readjusting to civilian life, or are simply home on leave.
RGD/Dave

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

That is great. Wish I lived closer, I'd help you if you wanted.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Don,
Ore is a long way from the Pa Grouse mountains, but if you ever get out this way look me up and we will take a stroll
thru the Grouse mountains, and you can shoot a couple birds. We will even put you up for a few night, for more than one hunt.
RGD/Dave