Lcs bird launchers, Are they any good?

nightmaregundog

Lcs bird launchers, Are they any good?

Post by nightmaregundog » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

Lcs bird launchers, Are they any good? or should i spend a little more and get the DT launchers?

gittrdonebritts

Re: Lcs bird launchers, Are they any good?

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am

There both good launchers ! the DT's big advantage it that you can add like 17 launchers and there are 2 different sizes and the LCS can also control there auto backer and the LCS are very reasonable for auto launchers.

wes_gsp

Post by wes_gsp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 pm

I have a few innotek launchers. I believe that LCS bought the patent from innotek and the two are the same. They work great for me and I use them a lot.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 am

Personally, I don't think you can beat a DT Launcher. The BL-509 (small bird) is the most popular. It will launch 2 Pigeons, 4 quail, 1 Chucker, even a small pheasant.

It has some of the industry's best features. As already stated, you can add multiple launchers (16) with the ease of launching from one transmitter up to 750 Yards away. The "Trap Door" feature makes loading the launcher much more uninvolved. No more having to load the bird from the top. (you still can though) Not only is loading from the rear easier, but if you don't end up launching a bird from that particular launcher, it is very simple to take the bird back out.

The launcher is particularly quiet and doesn't jump around alot. There is no need to stake the launcher down. Another key feature is the locator. Simply push a button on the transmitter and it sounds a locator tone letting you know where the launcher is. Ideal for heavy cover and multiple setups. Also, it rids the use of flags or anything else to mark where the launcher is, that the dog could use as a visual cue.

Just some food for thought. :D
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

aeast8

Post by aeast8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm

I have a Lcs launcher and it works great. My theory is if it works just as good and you don't need the extra gadgets that make it cost more than why spend more. For example, Hoyt bows average over 800 my bear bow was 500. I shot both of them and could not tell the difference. Or how about vehicles, do people really need heated and cooled cup holders. I just want my truck to have a good engine that doesn't break down. But if you have the money by the fancy one if that is what you want.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:27 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Personally, I don't think you can beat a DT Launcher. The BL-509 (small bird) is the most popular. It will launch 2 Pigeons, 4 quail, 1 Chucker, even a small pheasant.

It has some of the industry's best features. As already stated, you can add multiple launchers (16) with the ease of launching from one transmitter up to 750 Yards away. The "Trap Door" feature makes loading the launcher much more uninvolved. No more having to load the bird from the top. (you still can though) Not only is loading from the rear easier, but if you don't end up launching a bird from that particular launcher, it is very simple to take the bird back out.

The launcher is particularly quiet and doesn't jump around alot. There is no need to stake the launcher down. Another key feature is the locator. Simply push a button on the transmitter and it sounds a locator tone letting you know where the launcher is. Ideal for heavy cover and multiple setups. Also, it rids the use of flags or anything else to mark where the launcher is, that the dog could use as a visual cue.

Just some food for thought. :D
Trying to make a sale Jess :D Just kidding haha

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Haha. hey times are tough! :lol:

When you deal, own, and work with the same products over and over again, you gain enough knowledge base to write a fair assesment on alot of products. Just sharing what I know. They are a remarkable launcher though. :D

Jess
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

prairiefirepointers wrote:Haha. hey times are tough! :lol:

When you deal, own, and work with the same products over and over again, you gain enough knowledge base to write a fair assesment on alot of products. Just sharing what I know. They are a remarkable launcher though. :D

Jess
Oh I know ya do, I have owned both and the Inoteck launchers would Say by far DT are the best but is some one isn't looking to spend a bunch and just to have 1 or 2 I'd go with LCS, They have just as good customer service as DT and since its a smaller company you will talk to the same guy through out the whole process if something goes wrong.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 pm

I've gained a wealth of product knowledge by building my entire Supply site from the ground up. I got alot more to add yet, plus alot of revision of products. Tri Tronics is coming out with updated models, RSC (radio systems corp) is hiking prices up 7.5% I think, and then there's all the stuff I didn't get done before bird season hit.. I haven't touched the site since October.

I joke with my wife that if you'd hit me over the head and split it open, it'd just be a bunch of product code and text, images and HTML code come spilling out. If I had any money I'd have hired it done. But someday, I can look back at all that's been created and say "wow.. I did all this by myself, almost entirely, with God's help" :D
Jess Stucky
Pretty Prairie, KS

johnson48

Post by johnson48 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 pm

I started with innotecs (now lcs)
After meeting a D.T. rep at a trial, I found I could buy the D.T. model for not much more $$. This gave me the option to upgrade to multiple launchers, the back loading door is a dream, and the locating beeper is a nice option. They are very well constructed. I firmly believe that the D.T. model 509 is the better model if you are wanting to use it alot, and want it to last for years.
I still own the Innotec and never use it.