My second new addition, Jornada Desert Saige

phoenix

My second new addition, Jornada Desert Saige

Post by phoenix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 pm

I pulled the trigger on a second Llew. I am going to be getting her at about 9 months old started. I am quite excited to meet her. I think she will be a great brace mate to Jax! Here are a few pics of her, pedigree below!

Sue

Re: My second new addition, Jornada Desert Saige

Post by Sue » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

She's beautiful! That's a bunch of blood lines I'm only vaguely familiar with. How did you find her? What made you choose her?

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Those llews are mostly from Italy & Belgum. I was looking hard and I do ALOT of reasearch. I found Jornada Setters on Facebook. There dogs were STUNNING, lol but not why i bought her but it made me look! They are Bred By Dennis Hammett. We chatted some over the internet and then on the phone & I really liked his philosophy in breeding. He uses his llews alot for falconry and I found that attractive as well. I took a different approach in selecting her as I wanted a llew with Zero King Blood in it. My other pup, the one I was so kindly gifted has a good bit of King in him even though his parents are out of Lynnhill. I am not worried about the King bloodlines, Duff was amazing, I just wanted something different. I was considering her before I was gifted Jax, I then had to pause to consider if I was ready for two. My wife is really interested in her and wants to learn how to train her and work her. She has really come to enjoy it. I will enjoy comparing the two dogs as well, I think it will be interesting. She wont be here in VA untill October, just in time to hunt tho! I only got her started because of the wait time until I could get her & I didnt want to waste it. I dont know how either one will work out, so far Jax is a winner, he seems smart and has displayed a great personaility, but what can you tell about a pup in 5 days lol! I also took a HARD look at a WPG. I was this-close to sending in a deposit when the LORD places these two llews in my life!

HDAU

Post by HDAU » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Great looking Pup!

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks HDAU, from what i see in your avitar, you have a fine one yourself!
fg

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Beautiful puppy, nothing prettier than a setter.

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks ACooper. Lol yea they make me dream. Everytime I look at them I feel like I could step into a Norman Rockwell painting!

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Very Nice! I'm jealous

My setter is the first Lew that I have had. I would love to have another, but my wife is not as clear thinking as yours........ YET :D
Steve

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 am

SetterNut wrote:Very Nice! I'm jealous

My setter is the first Lew that I have had. I would love to have another, but my wife is not as clear thinking as yours........ YET :D
LOL well, she owed me! I accepted her two (affectionate flea bags) Dalmations when we joined forces! She is the type to fall in love with look so Jax's Little rascals black eye & Saige is exactly what Jamie loves in setters, lots of ticking. So it was easy. I was the one who really had to think on it. I am the responsible party and also have a 9month old. I have always had 3 dogs and in truth my remaining Dal is 12 and thats pretty long in the tooth for her breed. So as you can I choose two!

JessiNGunther

Post by JessiNGunther » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:08 am

Cute puppy and Happy hunting
Life is best when you're Jeeping with your Family and Dogs
General Gunther Von Grants
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:24 am

congrats on the new addition :D the excitement of meeting the new pup/dog never gets old..have fun and keep posting updates on them...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)