LCS Bird Dog Trainer

phoenix

LCS Bird Dog Trainer

Post by phoenix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am

So, whats the word on this. Anyone use it? (LCS bird dog trainer) I have always been curious. I have a sport dog pro hunter 2400 but its a one dog unit. I will be needing a two dog unit come October. Im leaning to the Sport dog 2500, mainly because im familiar with the operation (i think its just an expandble 2400 for the most part). A little info about my style & needs. I own 2 llews, hunt grouse & preserve Quail (with some wild coveys thrown in, but they are too few to hunt too often). I hunt from foot and prefer a dog that works to the gun. Cost is a factor in this, I want the best bang for the buck. I dont expect anyone to tell me what to do, I would just like to hear from those who have used the LCS unit and their experience with it. Thanks guys!
fg

tailcrackin

Re: LCS Bird Dog Trainer

Post by tailcrackin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 am

In my opinion, it is like the ol' innotech collar, way to many buttons for working dogs. It is more like programming a microwave, and doesnt need to be that complex. Your timing on a dog and exspecially the ecollar asociation, and or work........has to be precise, and perfect, so there isnt any boogers. I have never used the system, I am just going off what I looked at in the advertisement on it. That might not mean a hill of beans, but there is an awful lot of buttons, for you to keep your fingers straight...in your head.....while working or teaching. Thanks Jonesy
"Don't make it happen. Get it ready and let it happen"
- Ray Hunt
www.jonesysgundogs.com

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 am

Lol well its made by innotek, so you are spot on there. I have those concerns as well. I'm hoping that someone who uses this will chime in, I mean they sell them so someone is buying it! We will see. I have plenty of time for research.

Mollyontherun

Post by Mollyontherun » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I think Lion Country is very reliable, and has low prices I would purchase from them again. I had to send a product back and I had a dead battery in another product- no problems.
Roger Sporting Goods can have the lowest prices, but selection is limited.

I have pointers and hunt a lot of heavy cover and need a beeper collar. The LCS Bird Dog Trainer price is very tempting. At least $110 cheaper than the next beeper/remote/training collar. I 'm on my third, AND LAST, LCS bird dog trainer. Here is why:

1. The beeper went out on my first collar after several years. Right after I bought the third collar... the beeper started going out on my second collar after only a couple years.

2. They're a pain to program. It does take the manual to program these collars. Make sure you keep the manual if you buy one.

3. They are not rechargable, and the batteries are not cheap. Sounds like how often you hunt you would need a new battery each year in the receiver and transmitter.

4. Each time you replace the battery on the receiver, you have to reprogram the receiver.

Also, The Sportdog 2500 and the LCS are not in the same class. The 2500 has a mile & 1/2 range. while the LCS has a 1/2 mile range. Also, you'll have to add a beeper to the 2500, while the LCS comes with a beeper.

I think the next cheapest option is to go with a Sportdog 400 $159 to $179 and add a Sportdog beeper $119= $308. I beilieve the 400 is expandable to three dogs

I think the best quality collar of up to 1/2 mile is the Tritronics Sport Upland G3 EXP Collar @ $369

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Forrest go with a Tritronics pro series ecollar, model 100, 200 or 500. You want be sorry.

Mo

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Maurice wrote:Forrest go with a Tritronics pro series ecollar, model 100, 200 or 500. You want be sorry.

Mo
+ 1 to that I have a Pro 500 and Love it before that had a Field 90 good for hunting but doesn't have the Versatility in Stim that you need when training, I Think Knine uses the Pro 100 also a good collar, never used the Pro 200 I think its Momentary only and I would rather have continuous only or both on the same like my 500 has.

phoenix

Post by phoenix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 pm

sweet, no LCS. Exactly the kind of input I was after. I believe you get what you pay for, but it never hurts to ask the advice of those with more experience. Thanks for the recco,endation Mo!