8 month old pup, first hunt

dutchwest

8 month old pup, first hunt

Post by dutchwest » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm

After a long summer which included lots of training followed by Dutch getting hit by a car. The better part of Jul and Aug was spent with very strict kennel lockup, We were cleared to start getting her back out running and training around mid Aug, It took a few weeks of work until she was showing the stamina and go that she had earlier, Those few weeks were also a great time to get back to reinforcing commands she had not had given to her in over a month. With that all behind us and the understanding that she may have limitations for the rest of her life due to the accident we forged on. The past two weeks we have been hunting a lot and the light is starting to come on for dutch, She is using her nose well and has got to get about 10 retrieves. I will try and add some more pictures later!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dutchwest on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: 8 month old pup, first hunt

Post by DonF » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Boy those photo'sw are huge. Need to size theem down to abouy 600 pixils on the long side.

Here ya go. I cropped them too so the dog didn't get real small.

Last edited by DonF on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

dutchwest

Post by dutchwest » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Not really sure how to do that??

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:26 pm

you can host them on a free photobucket.com or similar picture host or download Paint.net and resize them yourself, both are easy once you delve into them. Of course you can use any photo editor you like but paint.net is free and simple to use.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

dutchwest

Post by dutchwest » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks for the help... I just found how to edit them on my computer.

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Good luck with the pup. My first GSP is about to turn 7 mos, and will get his first real wild bird hunt saturday. Scary to hear about the accident. We live way out in the country, and pup has learned road edges and ditches can be a good place to find birds. We don't have any traffic on our road, but we were out training today on wild birds and had two cars come through. Had me thinking already, and reading your post kind of drove it home.
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.