Help Wanted - Hunting Manager/Cook - 9000 acre Quail Lease

Bonnie

Help Wanted - Hunting Manager/Cook - 9000 acre Quail Lease

Post by Bonnie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:23 am

HuntingLeaseManagerPosition

We are looking for a manager of our 9,000 acre quail and deer hunting lease in South Texas, near Hebbronville. Because the duties include cooking and housekeeping at the lease headquarters, it would be an ideal position for a couple. We hunt quail from November through February, normally only on weekends; additionally we hunt deer weekdays, typically three to four weeks in December and January. There are normally a maximum of eight hunters.

During the November through February period the manager should expect to work long hours six to seven days each week. Duties include driving hunting vehicles, spreading milo and corn on the quail hunting trails, servicing deer feeders, helping with the cooking and cleaning at headquarters, etc. Additionally, prior to and during hunting season, shredding and disking lanes will be required. However, outside of the hunting season, the duties are light, but nevertheless very important, mostly building and equipment maintenance.

Experience with equipment (tractor, shredder, disc, grain broadcaster, diesel trucks) and general handyman skills are more important than hunting lease experience. The successful candidate will be motivated and a self-starter who can work without day to day supervision. Good, current references are important, and we operate a drug-free lease.
Eddie Tamez 361.215.8373/eddie.tamez@champ-tech.com

Redfishkilla

Re: Help Wanted - Hunting Manager/Cook - 9000 acre Quail Lease

Post by Redfishkilla » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Can I get paid to guide hunts, tell stories, and fish all summer? If I can then I'd be interested.

You're going to have to find this guy through references in your area. I wouldn't trust a guy off the internet with a job like this. My dad runs the Driscoll Foundation's farm and ranch operations with quite a few contacts in this area. If you like, I could ask him who to call to find a guy capable of this type of work.....for a couple of quail hunts....jk.

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:08 am

I'm a reformed fine dining chef, avid bird hunter and fisherman, looking to relocate, and my fiancee is from Texas. But I ain't moving to no Texas.
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, Texas is a sorry place, we don't have any good hunting or fishing. The girls are ugly too.

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 am

Redfishkilla wrote:Yeah, Texas is a sorry place, we don't have any good hunting or fishing. The girls are ugly too.

Whoa now pardner, I'm not knocking the womenfolk. Matter of fact, I'm marrying a Texas girl in the spring. 3 of the last 4 girls I dated were from Texas. Guess them cowgirls like this big Minnesota lumberjack.
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:40 am

LOL!!