New pup, new gun, new season. Don't think I can sleep.

wills1235

New pup, new gun, new season. Don't think I can sleep.

Post by wills1235 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 pm

My first GSP turns 7 months Friday. I've got a new 20 gauge O/U. We've had a huge quail hatch and season opens Saturday. I can't wait. Chores are already done. My fiancee knows she won't see me this weekend. Just the dog, the gun, and me. Life is pretty good, dammit!
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

TXShooter

Re: New pup, new gun, new season. Don't think I can sleep.

Post by TXShooter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:23 am

Best of luck to you.

stevoman

Post by stevoman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:26 am

your lucky. we are not starting for another 4 and a half weeks. best of luck and i hope your pointer does the business for you!
Follow my Springer Spaniels upland bird and wildfowl season here in Ireland on twitter. - just search - cooltederry gundogs

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 am

stevoman wrote:your lucky. we are not starting for another 4 and a half weeks. best of luck and i hope your pointer does the business for you!

I'm lucky???? You live in Ireland!!! Want to trade hunts? Grouse, Quail, Hungarian Partridge, Pheasant, and Chukar all within an hour and a half of my house. How many places to drink Guinness within an hour and a half of yours?
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

gsp3333

Post by gsp3333 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Let us know how it goes. We have 2+ weeks and I can't wait. Another hit of crack please.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:05 pm

wills1235 wrote:
stevoman wrote:your lucky. we are not starting for another 4 and a half weeks. best of luck and i hope your pointer does the business for you!

I'm lucky???? You live in Ireland!!! Want to trade hunts? Grouse, Quail, Hungarian Partridge, Pheasant, and Chukar all within an hour and a half of my house. How many places to drink Guinness within an hour and a half of yours?
Guinness................Now we are talking! 8)

stevoman

Post by stevoman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:17 am

wills1235 wrote:

LOL. They grass is laways greener on the other side!!! Theres so many places to drink a creamy pint of the black stuff i wouldnt even know where to begin!! :D Count yourself lucky with the selection of gamebirds you have though. We have pheasent, woodcock and snipe. we dont really hunt grouse and partridge a whole lot here anymore.
Follow my Springer Spaniels upland bird and wildfowl season here in Ireland on twitter. - just search - cooltederry gundogs