NSTRA Open/Novice Trial 03/10-11/12

NAVHDA, AKC, NSTRA
CowboyBirdDogs

NSTRA Open/Novice Trial 03/10-11/12

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 am

There will be a NSTRA Trial held at Anna trial grounds in Anna, Tx on March 10th and 11th! If you've never ran NSTRA before this is your chance to run against other "rookie" dogs and handlers in the novice division. Membership is $50 (once a year fee), and it's $40 per brace. This is a great chance to get you and your dog out of the house and into the field on some birds during the offseason! If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me or you can just post it on this thread incase anyone else has the same question. To enter your dog in the trial contact the trial chairman Dale Heaton at 214-543-0907 or email him at d-dheaton@dfwair.net or our Regional President Jim Selby at 469-525-0965 or email him at JimmyandKatie@verizon.net. If your dog places in the top 3, it qualifies you to run in the Regional Championship Trial March 22nd-23rd in Corsicana. If you've never competed in NSTRA and would like to see what we're all about before running your dog I encourage you to come out and watch, you're more than welcome to ride with a judge and ask all the questions you want!

Also, if any of you are out in the Lubbock area and want to attend or compete in the Quad Regional Trial on March 3rd and 4th, contact Nathan Tekell at 325-754-4217 or Dustin Nelson at 214-507-3010.

NSTRA is a great and cheap way to keep your dog sharp, in shape, and on birds outside of quail season. I've been involved since last May and I really enjoy it. The people are very friendly and helpful. Several of the more experienced members have taken me under their wing and helped me train my dogs on numerous occasions.

wills1235

Re: NSTRA Open/Novice Trial 03/10-11/12

Post by wills1235 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 am

I'm new to the world of pointing dogs. My gun dog club just advertised an upcoming "double/double". I went to the NSTRA site but couldn't find any reference, what does it mean? I also got to thinking, I'd like to maybe consider trialing my pup in another year or so, but I just don't know anything about it. It would be nice if there was a "mentor" program or something that gave me a chance to follow other handlers during their trials, so I could fully understand how it works. I was able to do this within my gun dog club, but it's just a "fun trial".....
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: NSTRA Open/Novice Trial 03/10-11/12

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 am

a double double means that they will running two fields ...So you can enter your dog 4 times over the weekend as you can only run your dog once in each field.

If you want to check it out bring some Orange hat and or vest or T shirt along you will need orange to be in the field
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.