New member and new Brittany owner.

cptn

New member and new Brittany owner.

Post by cptn » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello!

My name is CPTN or Captain, online. I'm going to keep my real name a secret! ;]

I'm a 21 year old female, and as of March 28th, I am the owner of a 1 week old male, orange and white American Brittany puppy named July, alongside my three pound, two year female Yorkshire Terrier, Alex. Currently, my Britt puppy is with his mother and siblings, and I won't take him home from his breeder until he is 8 weeks, but I am doing all I can to prepare for raising him.

I couldn't find a forum that specialized in American Brittanys (Only Bretons), so I decided that this forum would be my best bet.

I don't plan on hunting with him, but I am interested in competing in obedience and agility trials, potentially confirmation, and one of my greatest hobbies is dog training using positive reinforcement! After doing numerous "google" searches with very generalized responses, I decided that talking with people that actually own Brittanys would provide the most accurate information, and after my experience, I would love to stay here and mentor new owners with my gathered wisdom.

Also, another one of my hobbies are horses! I am an intermediate rider, and I love nothing more than sitting at the barn, being surrounded by hay, horses, cows, goats, dogs, and barn cats. A Yorkie, as much as I love her, isn't much of a barn dog, so I plan on making July my barn partner.

I can't wait to get to know you guys and become a part of this community! Feel free to PM me; I love to talk, and I don't bite!
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

KelseyCooke

Re: New member and new Brittany owner.

Post by KelseyCooke » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 am

Hi! I'm kinda in the same situation as you, except I own a Chihuahua mix and a Breton. ;)
I do however, compete in obedience, rally, and agility with my Breton. :) And I used to horse back ride, but had to quit for a while due to tearing my ACL a year ago!

I have owned three other Britts in the past (all rescues - my girl Replay is my first breeder dog ever haha), and am glad to help you with anything!
Wit is a sword; people are meant to feel the point as well as see it.

cptn

Re: New member and new Brittany owner.

Post by cptn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Awww, thank you! :]

It's good to meet someone in the same situation. Sorry about your ACL!

Are Brittanys as sweet and gentle as every website and breeder advertise? :] I'm so excited about mine!

I will definitely keep in touch!
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"