I am researching past Llewellin strains-Manlove

tbared

I am researching past Llewellin strains-Manlove

Post by tbared » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Dear sirs,

I am currently researching a strain of Llewellins from Manlove Kennels out of Virginia by a gentlmen named R.W. Lewis Jr.. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Re: I am researching past Llewellin strains-Manlove

Post by highcotton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I am not familiar with the man or the dogs but have noticed several in the OFA database with the Manlove prefix. If memory serves me right most of them had Bondhu in their registered names. That would lead me to believe they are recent (last 30-50 years) imports most likely from Europe.

tbared

Post by tbared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:23 pm

You are right about the Bondhu. I have everything up to thier import, and were some have gone. I am looking to find more information on were they went and their characteristics. Some problem lies in that there are also Manloves dogs that are registered as English in Europe which are true English. Anyways, I am need as much as I can get or anything.

Thank you for your response.

tbared

Post by tbared » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:47 pm

You are right about the Bondhu, I have all I need for and leading up their import. I am looking specificaly for the dogs themselves. How many, characteristics, what he was breeding towards so on. I have developed a strong need for their information.

Thank you for you response

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:27 pm

http://www.llewellinsetter.net/breeders.html

You may already know about this site but it lists most of the FDSB registered Llewellin breeders.
Wilbur Williams and Bob Bailey have kept a pure strain of Bondhu for years.
J. D. Waters in Mechanicsburg, IL is not listed on the site but also breeds Bondhus.

Any of them can probably help you with Bondhu history.

tbared

Post by tbared » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

I have been in contact with Mr Waters, he noted to me that he will get me some pedigrees he has. I also have a gentleman in Texas attempting to put together some of the missing information. I have been in contact with a number of "pure Llewellin" breeders about what they may have as well. Thank you for you assistance