Wife MADE me do it!!!

kbshorthairs

Wife MADE me do it!!!

Post by kbshorthairs » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm

My wife went with me to check out a new hunting spot this week. No cattle have been in the area and it is grown up more than usual. As we drove across three different areas she became concerned about the possibility of losing Bella due to the millions of places she could be hidden. I casually mentioned that Garmin had purchased TriTronics and that they just came out with a training/GPS collar that refreshed every couple of seconds which would be perfect for keeping track of our little speed demon......and thus provide peace of mind. No worries about losing her!
She agreed and thanks to the wonderful people at Gun Dog Supply, it will be on the porch in a few days! I love it when a plan comes together!!!!
Now I just need to walk her up and down those hills for about five miles so that she will understand the NEED for a side by side UTV!!!!!!! :D :D :D

SpinoneIllinois

Re: Wife MADE me do it!!!

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:54 pm

:roll: Trying to figure out how I can make this work for a new over-under.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:59 pm

NIce Job, kb!!!!

Pretty slick taking them out to the thick cover. :D

Spinone:

A couple lines for ya:

"It's an investment, honey. Guns keep their value."

"Yes I have most of the guns I need, but not nearly as many as I want."

Good luck.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:45 pm

SpinoneIllinois wrote::roll: Trying to figure out how I can make this work for a new over-under.
How many pairs of shoes does she have? Or should I say how many pairs of shoes does she want? :wink:

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Your good, very good! You need to open a consulting business.....you could make a fortune.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:27 am

Karl -You sly 'ol dawg!

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:14 am

Way to pull at those Heart strings.

For the UTV, maybe fake a mini heart attack. :mrgreen:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

dreamerofdreams

Post by dreamerofdreams » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:42 am

Pretty similar... I was planning on doing this training old skool, sans ecollar and stuff, due to cost. I'd already begged husband into letting me get a dog, after all. But the other day he was like "Wouldn't it be safer if...?" and I was like "Yes, yes it would!" So I got the green light.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 am

AzDoggin wrote:Spinone:

A couple lines for ya:

"It's an investment, honey. Guns keep their value."

"Yes I have most of the guns I need, but not nearly as many as I want."

I find that most women can relate to the purchase of shoes. It seems like most of my girly girl friends like to purchase shoes. Why? I think it's something to do with genetics and found on the chromosomes - most men don't seem to have it. You can compare shotguns to shoes - women seem to always want more of them, but really, you can only wear one pair at a time. Just like you can only shoot one gun at a time.

Karl,

I'd love to hear your review on the Alpha. I haven't jumped yet, but I'm leaning heavily that way.

EG

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 am

I think the shoe chromosome missed me. I have a pair of hunting boots, 2 pair of cowboy boots and a pair of everyday shoes. Most of the summer I kick around in flip-flops if I'm not out with the horses or dogs. Guns or the other hand is a different story... every so often something follows one or the other of us home, but we usually egg each other into a new one, almost never do we try to talk the other out of anything.

One of the few exceptions to that was my first AR... why the heq did I want one of those.. they are just not accurate LOL 5 shots into well less than and inch at 100yds and that argument went out the window and it wasn't long before he had one too! The other one I took flack for was a Beretta 92... he hates 9mm and thought the Beretta was too bulky and heavy. I love it, he shut up about it!

I do get a real ration about bringing home another dog!!!!! Haven't figured out a way around that!!!

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 am

brad27 wrote:
SpinoneIllinois wrote::roll: Trying to figure out how I can make this work for a new over-under.
How many pairs of shoes does she have? Or should I say how many pairs of shoes does she want? :wink:
I don't think that would work for me... My wife shoes don't cost a few thousand dollars per pair. :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 pm

It is funny that you guys mentioned over/unders. That is how all this started. I wanted a "nice" shotgun after all these years of regular guns. Then I started talking about the side by side UTV for about $16 grand. Her eyes widened as she said first you wanted a shotgun and now you have switched to a UTV????
I said, I haven't switched. I want the UTV, the Beretta, AND a GPS collar for my dog!!!!!!!
I am quite the salesman......but my wife has grown so fond of this dog, that I found myself being talked into the collar by her! At least until she found out how much it cost.....then I had to start to "sell" her on the idea again. She did buy a new pair of boots and a camo hat with a pink buckmark on it to wear when we go run Bella.......so that goes right along with your shoe theory. LOL
If I pull off all three........I really should write a book or something. :D :D :D

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Can your wife talk to my wife, I need a new collar for my pup! I will pm the phone number if needed, thanks

Corry

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Ghosted3 wrote:Can your wife talk to my wife, I need a new collar for my pup! I will pm the phone number if needed, thanks

Corry
:D
What a change......most people warn me to stay away from their wife!!!

Fester

Post by Fester » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Polaris just came out with a new 900 ranger, make it her idea, you are making the sacrifice for her!
Fester

Fester

Post by Fester » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I was in "bleep" today they had a Stevens over and under for 550 with a stainless reciever not bad for the money
Fester

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am

Hope you can work on the side by side. We can't live without ours. We have two and my husband and I fight over who gets the one with tires (versus the one with tracks, which we need for the wetlands). We use ours daily. Used to have four-wheelers but the quality time spent together in the sxs is better and we can easily take the dogs along for a run. How does that sound for a line for the wife?? We tried different makes/models and love our Polaris Rangers.

Qwernt

Post by Qwernt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm

On subject of guns, As Patrick McManus said "Learn to sneak man, learn to sneak!" :lol:
(Book Title, "THE GRASSHOPPER TRAP"; Story: "Gunrunning")

uplandguide

Post by uplandguide » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

kbshorthairs wrote:My wife went with me to check out a new hunting spot this week. No cattle have been in the area and it is grown up more than usual. As we drove across three different areas she became concerned about the possibility of losing Bella due to the millions of places she could be hidden. I casually mentioned that Garmin had purchased TriTronics and that they just came out with a training/GPS collar that refreshed every couple of seconds which would be perfect for keeping track of our little speed demon......and thus provide peace of mind. No worries about losing her!
She agreed and thanks to the wonderful people at Gun Dog Supply, it will be on the porch in a few days! I love it when a plan comes together!!!!
Now I just need to walk her up and down those hills for about five miles so that she will understand the NEED for a side by side UTV!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I love it! I just used the same tactic on my wife... :D Come on hunny it is a real small price to pay to insure the safety of our new pup! HE HE HE.. gun dog supply shipped mine out today!
Mcshane's Bringing on another Chance "Hattie" NA PR 1

Sire : DC Gambles Sam Man MH UT PR1
Dam : Friedelsheim's Greenwood Greta NA PR1

Jesse

admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for the support, folks! This is a GREAT idea. ;) -- Rob
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

Northwoods

Post by Northwoods » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:26 pm

don't understand people who need atvs and side by sides for hunting. you'll scare everything in sight with those things. putting one foot in front of the other and hiking is what hunting is all about!

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:29 pm

big country.......few birds........dog covers tons of ground so I don't have to...........UTV hopefully won't throw me off or have high vet bills like my horses did......not really excited to cover 15 miles a day like I did when my knees were younger........thanks for your input though

Kona dawg

Wife MADE me do it!!!

Post by Kona dawg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:38 pm

kbshorthairs wrote:big country.......few birds........dog covers tons of ground so I don't have to...........UTV hopefully won't throw me off or have high vet bills like my horses did......not really excited to cover 15 miles a day like I did when my knees were younger........thanks for your input though
+1