Have you seen the new proposal for an "assult weapons" ban?!

MinneapolisMatt

Have you seen the new proposal for an "assult weapons" ban?!

Post by MinneapolisMatt » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Check out what senator feinstein intends to propose this month in congress!

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/ ... lt-weapons

Notice that this proposal will also affect those of us who already own "assult weapons".

Ms. Cage

Re: Have you seen the new proposal for an "assult weapons" ban?!

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

------------------------------ So it might be said that guns don't kill people, gun control does!

Gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent. Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'. We here in America have the second amendment (thank God) "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" Gun control, for our safety and the safety of the children, is the cry of those that would forfeit our God given right to self defense! (remember the 56 million who died for lack of guns to defend themselves)

MinneapolisMatt

Post by MinneapolisMatt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I have seen a lot of this information elsewhere, but it is great to see it all compiled so neatly. History repeats itself, and too many people fail to learn (or learn from) history.

Thank you for posting this, I will likely use it as reference in the future.

Since I posted the original story, the gun control situation has gotten decidedly worse. Illinois is going after all semi-auto firearms. joe biden's committee will be reporting their gun control ideas at the end of the month.

It was nice to see Alex Jones on piers morgans show (you can find the video on youtube) standing up for gun rights in such an entertaining way :D

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 pm

MinneapolisMatt wrote:I have seen a lot of this information elsewhere, but it is great to see it all compiled so neatly. History repeats itself, and too many people fail to learn (or learn from) history.

Thank you for posting this, I will likely use it as reference in the future.

Since I posted the original story, the gun control situation has gotten decidedly worse. Illinois is going after all semi-auto firearms. joe biden's committee will be reporting their gun control ideas at the end of the month.

It was nice to see Alex Jones on piers morgans show (you can find the video on youtube) standing up for gun rights in such an entertaining way :D
That has been going around the internet for several weeks now, but I have never seen anyone claim of who authored it, or if it is all true. Snopes still lists it as "undetermined", -for what its worth.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm

You might not be old enough to remember what the Germans did !!

You might not be old enough to remember what the cambodians right after the vietnam war !!!

look it up. krozchiev (SP) once said : I don't fear your missiles, I fear your guns. Our armed civilian pop. during the the Kennedy Adim.. A unarmed civilian pop. is defenceless from attack, from both home and abroad. Armed civilian pop. is a military in it selve...

Our borders are wide open to invasion. The Mexicans prove this daily ... Our government whittles away at our rights. Yes, history repeats it selve. With that said so can the Boston Tea Party!!!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

You younger guys out there need to see the news reels we use to see between movies at the driven ins & inside theathers every time we went.News reels of the Jews being marched to the their death ,naked skin & bones,then their naked bodies filling dump trucks & dumped in holes big as houses & buried,not a pretty site to see & I still remeber them plain as day.I can't stand to see real skinny people to this day because of it,makes me sick to my stomach.
DON"T EVER THINK IT CAN"T HAPPEN AGAIN!!
If we let them take our guns we will be just like every other country in the world!

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Ted, That's what it's all about. One order world , controled by the United Nations and China will sit at the top!!!

MinneapolisMatt

Post by MinneapolisMatt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Ms. Cage, did you see Alex Jones on pier morgan?
Last edited by MinneapolisMatt on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:49 pm

MinneapolisMatt wrote:Ms. Cage, did you see Alex Jones on pier morgan?
i was just reading about it. i agree with Alex. The journalist for merry old England is protected by the 1st. amendment thou... The petition is void IMO...

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:Ted, That's what it's all about. One order world , controled by the United Nations and China will sit at the top!!!
Piffle!

Jones and Morgan are both idiots.
Both and the like are all fear mongers and profiteers.

America's problems, issues and concerns will not be addressed or solved by the like of either.
The same old, same old has us where we are today.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Time will tell. The rise and fall...

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 am

I'm wondering why Tami's spelling got so good in her Op. I'm sure everything in it is documented. Do you really believe if you have a gun or two you could defend yourself against a Government that wants your guns. I know there are people on here who think they could. The military has more guns than you do. You will not win. Do you really think these people would have survived with a gun in their hands.
The first line of the amendment is omitted quite often in these articles. "A well regulated militia". Is a few people with guns a well regulated militia.
The obvious fact is that more gun control does not work. But, the general population is leaning toward more control and every time a mass shooting happens the "'antis" get more support. More "anti" politicians will be elected. To people who are neutral on guns its pretty obvious which way most will go.
Articles like this just polarize people and make any reasonable discussion impossible. As with all radical politics, the people that read this stuff and believe it are already on our side.
Best realize something will happen and try to get the best we can. It is what the majority of the people want. Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 am

Best realize something will happen and try to get the best we can. It is what the majority of the people want. Cjcjhills

If this was true we wouldn't be having this argument.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

tdhusker

Post by tdhusker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:You younger guys out there need to see the news reels we use to see between movies at the driven ins & inside theathers every time we went.News reels of the Jews being marched to the their death ,naked skin & bones,then their naked bodies filling dump trucks & dumped in holes big as houses & buried,not a pretty site to see & I still remeber them plain as day.I can't stand to see real skinny people to this day because of it,makes me sick to my stomach.
DON"T EVER THINK IT CAN"T HAPPEN AGAIN!!
If we let them take our guns we will be just like every other country in the world!

People scoff at this sort of sentiment. They also think anyone who would need to protect themselves from the Govt is a nut...

I used to think the same way... not so much any more. How far is our society from chaos? Famine? Collapse? Honestly, when the government is feeing 40% of the population with IOU's how stable is this nation really? When there is famine, what will follow? When the govt cannot borrow any more money to feed the people, then what?

I know that sounds radical but I know this for certain, we as a nation are closer to the brink than at any other timebecause of the national debt. And we are not changing trajectory at all. There will be survivors. And they won't be people who were disarmed.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Howies 3rd cuz used to fly for the government. He married mayan Indain. When she was a young girl her father , Mother . and one brother along with many villagers were taken from there homes brought out into the street and shot... Howies cuz was telling us the story at family reunion a few years back. The Guatemalan government found out who Howie's cuz was and put a hit out on his family. They were in protective custody for 1 1/2 yrs..

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Do you really believe if you have a gun or two you could defend yourself against a Government that wants your guns. I know there are people on here who think they could. The military has more guns than you do.
Don't tell that to the colonists that fought the Revolutionary War against what was one, if not the most the most, powerful military force during the late 18th century.

Don't tell that to the Vietnamese that drove both France and the United States from their little part of Asia.

Don't tell that to the people of Afghanistan that has chased out a vastly superior force of the old Soviet Union and is in the process of chasing out the United States.

Much can be accomplished with "simple" weapons, will and determination.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

[quote="original mngsp"]Don't tell that to the colonists that fought the Revolutionary War against what was one, if not the most the most, powerful military force during the late 18th century.Don't tell that to the Vietnamese that drove both France and the United States from their little part of Asia.Don't tell that to the people of Afghanistan that has chased out a vastly superior force of the old Soviet Union and is in the process of chasing out the United States.Much can be accomplished with "simple" weapons, will and determination.[quote] .

Happened in Texas when a rag tag militia defeated Santanna's Mexican army...

What's for dinner? Maybe a salad called Shredded Constitution .

brad27

Post by brad27 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:08 pm

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson

MinneapolisMatt

Post by MinneapolisMatt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:33 pm

cjhills wrote: Do you really believe if you have a gun or two you could defend yourself against a Government that wants your guns. I know there are people on here who think they could. Cj

If you don't believe that well armed citizens can defend against a government tyranny then you didn't read the story of America's independence. The second amendment is specifically written for the benefit of citizens to defend against oppresive rule.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Here is a link of quotes from the founding fathers specifically about the second amendment:

http://cap-n-ball.com/fathers.htm

And here is an article by a russian who grew up in the SU and knows all about the effect of confiscating firearms:

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/column ... ns_guns-0/

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:44 pm

And the military does not have more guns than the people do. The deer hunters in just five of our states would be the worlds biggest army and they are all armed. That was the reason Japan never tried to invade this country. And several others have made the same decision.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm

ezzy333 wrote:.... The deer hunters in just five of our states would be the worlds biggest army and they are all armed. That was the reason Japan never tried to invade this country....
Nope.
The distance, lack of manpower and equipment, configuation of the country/battlefront, seperate fronts closer to their home and plan of advance along with resupply issues were only a few of the reasons that Japan did not strike the U.S mainland....not old man Fluharty's deer rifle.
They had a tough enough time in the Aleutions.....but given the terrain and conditions, the few Castner Cutthroats Up Nort did an amazing and somewhat unheralded job for their country.

Nice to think that America today is the same as in the time of the Revolution; that Afghanistan and the religious leanings and cultural extremes in most all ways there equates us to the Afghans or that the Viets did it all with no assistance but there is a whole peck of apples being mixed with oranges.
However...WOLVERINES!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:.... The deer hunters in just five of our states would be the worlds biggest army and they are all armed. That was the reason Japan never tried to invade this country....
Nope.
The distance, lack of manpower and equipment, configuation of the country/battlefront, seperate fronts closer to their home and plan of advance along with resupply issues were only a few of the reasons that Japan did not strike the U.S mainland....not old man Fluharty's deer rifle.
They had a tough enough time in the Aleutions.....but given the terrain and conditions, the few Castner Cutthroats Up Nort did an amazing and somewhat unheralded job for their country.

Nice to think that America today is the same as in the time of the Revolution; that Afghanistan and the religious leanings and cultural extremes in most all ways there equates us to the Afghans or that the Viets did it all with no assistance but there is a whole peck of apples being mixed with oranges.
However...WOLVERINES!
Wish they wouldn't have said that is one of the reasons along with the facts you listed. I just went to the wrong source.

Ezzy

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:15 am

Oh, a lot has been surmised along the lines of Japan's decisions made and not in the 2nd.
At the base, the nature of the Americans and America likely did play some role at some meeting, somewhere and sometime, and who actually knows the degree...just not sure that the Japanese really had much of a true concept of round balls and tomahawks as a deterrent.

This legitimate concern over reduction of the 2nd amendment is being corrupted a bit by those who somehow see a truely evil government, some it appears consider it equal to Nazi Germany at it's worst :roll: , and others seek to profit off the dissension by widening it at every opportunity.
Their polar opposites do their part, the NRAers theirs and the preppers with issues feed nuttily along.
Too many are either ignorant of guns, afraid of guns, seek to make reputation, dollars, votes or, mostly, find front seat in a choir.
Sadly, the world and America are changing by the nature of change and, lately, by the nature of our political system.
I don't like much of the changes and reckon many of them very bad longterm but I also do not envision a short time to tanks rolling down Main Street, an ack-ack gun on the sun porch or, turning in 1100s to the torch.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 pm

The problem is if the so called "assault" weapons are banned, the anti gun crowd will start on something else. Also, a lot of different guns could be categorized as assault weapons by these people. I remember when the Saturday night special [whatever that is] was supposedly the only thing they wanted banned. No law abiding citizen should ever give in or be fooled by these people's schemes. If I were to become complacent and agree the other person's gun should be banned because I don't have any use for that particular gun, mine is sure to be next on the list.

They are clever by using the term "assault weapon" because it plays on people's emotions who know nothing about firearms. They are also labeling a firearm an assault weapon by the looks of the gun, more so than the fire power for a start, and then they can begin putting any semi, pump, double action revolvers and virtually any firearm besides break open shotguns, single shot rifles and single action revolvers into the category of "assault weapons", and then they will go after those. Of course the nut cases and evil people will still be able to get their hands on any type of firearm they desire because these guns are not just going to go away, or they will just use home made bombs or whatever.

The only people who will be affected, restricted and possibly lose their 2nd ammendment rights will be the law abiding citizens because that is what we are. The only people who will not be affected or lose anything will be the nuts and lawbreakers because that is what they are. The antigun crowd do not want compromise, they want it all, and they will never stop as long as gun ownership is a right of the law abiding American citizen.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Like I've said on other threads before... the frogs are in the pot, the pot is on the stove and the burner is on high... complacent with comfort and willing to relinquish rights... worse yet, to sit back and be mocked and scorned for daring to disagree with the politically correct media... The problem with conservatives is that no one seems to understand just how well the liberals see the big picture, and how patient they are to slowly maneuver their agendas into popular culture... this fight spans generations. Mountain... I'm sorry, but it only looks like the same old same old to the conservatives... The liberals are quietly and patiently working their agenda. We are working towards a society that totally depends upon the government... our Founding Fathers envisioned the exact opposite. :oops: Sorry folks... Got up on my soap box there...
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 am

The assult weapons ban did not have any effect the first time. And the places with the tighter gun control don't have less gun violence and generally have more.

The problem is not guns, its crazy people. The question is how do you control, contain, or remove them from the general population.

History tell you what can happen, only fools ignore the past.
Steve

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am

SetterNut wrote:The assult weapons ban did not have any effect the first time. And the places with the tighter gun control don't have less gun violence and generally have more.

The problem is not guns, its crazy people. The question is how do you control, contain, or remove them from the general population.

What you say is true but the liberals are not worrying about gun control. They are concerned about controling you. They know gun control doesn't work but if they can get the guns then they can control the people. Thaat is why they ignore plain old common sense.

Ezzy

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 am

Are people genuinely concerned about being herded up and slaughtered under the current administration? Is that a serious concern? I'm all for the 2nd ammendment, and subscribe to the notion that guns in the hands of the general citizenship is, more often then not, a benefit to the public's safety more-so than it is to the detriment. But I honestly cringe at some of the arguments and examples used to promote our common cause. The "liberals" in this country are NOT trying to disarm you for the sake of widespread slaughter. They're trying to find a solution to a very real problem. And, yes, it's probably not a functional solution and there are certainly better ways of going about it, but comparing their efforts to those of Hitler, Stalin or any other murderous dictator of choice only feed into the image of gun owners as under-educated hicks. We're not going to gain any ground with the undecided/uninformed public by projecting completely ridiculous situations. And if we want to protect our gun-rights, its the undecided/uninformed that we need to convince. We're not going to change Feinstein's opinion. She's not going to change ours. What's left are the people who haven't heard the facts and haven't formed an opinion either way. Let's not do the "liberals" a favor by portraying our argument as one based on a set of wildly irrational comparisons or doomsday projections. Let's focus on the statistics that show gun control isn't effective. Let's focus on the ecological importance of hunters using firearms or the money that brings in to local economies and the tax base. Let's focus on the multitude of gun-related activities that we partake in that harm nobody, or any of the countless arguments we can make that are perfectly sound and reasonable.
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 am

SD Pheasant Slayer wrote:Are people genuinely concerned about being herded up and slaughtered under the current administration? Is that a serious concern? I'm all for the 2nd ammendment, and subscribe to the notion that guns in the hands of the general citizenship is, more often then not, a benefit to the public's safety more-so than it is to the detriment. But I honestly cringe at some of the arguments and examples used to promote our common cause. The "liberals" in this country are NOT trying to disarm you for the sake of widespread slaughter. They're trying to find a solution to a very real problem. And, yes, it's probably not a functional solution and there are certainly better ways of going about it, but comparing their efforts to those of Hitler, Stalin or any other murderous dictator of choice only feed into the image of gun owners as under-educated hicks. We're not going to gain any ground with the undecided/uninformed public by projecting completely ridiculous situations. And if we want to protect our gun-rights, its the undecided/uninformed that we need to convince. We're not going to change Feinstein's opinion. She's not going to change ours. What's left are the people who haven't heard the facts and haven't formed an opinion either way. Let's not do the "liberals" a favor by portraying our argument as one based on a set of wildly irrational comparisons or doomsday projections. Let's focus on the statistics that show gun control isn't effective. Let's focus on the ecological importance of hunters using firearms or the money that brings in to local economies and the tax base. Let's focus on the multitude of gun-related activities that we partake in that harm nobody, or any of the countless arguments we can make that are perfectly sound and reasonable.
I am concerned in the fact that the current administration feels that they can spit on the Constitution of the United States, and if they have no regard for the Constitution what other things do they have no regard for.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 am

Today most gun owners are law abiding ctisens but once the law is passed overnite they will become criminals untill they turn in their guns,They better start building more jails & prisons because the
the ones we have now are full & they can make all the laws they want & that will not change. :evil: Knowing how things go to try & empty some prison space they will be turning loose convicted
murders,rapists,etc to make room for a man that was only made a criminal by the swype of a pen.THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND!!
Last edited by Vonzeppelinkennels on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:54 am

ezzy333 wrote:
SetterNut wrote:The assult weapons ban did not have any effect the first time. And the places with the tighter gun control don't have less gun violence and generally have more.

What you say is true but the liberals are not worrying about gun control. They are concerned controllingroling you. They know gun control doesn't work but if they can get the guns then they can control the people. Thaat is why they ignore plain old common sense.

Ezzy

I think the Liberal leaders are mostly worried about keeping their power. They can do that by controlling some, destroying others, and bribing the rest to vote for them.
Steve

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 pm

The truly sad thing is the conservatives chose this guy:
Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people. -Mitt Romney

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 pm

I take MitRomney over Obama, any day of the week theres an archive of stuff that Obama has said in his career like guns and religieon. You give the left a foot in the door on gun control and they wont stop. They wont stop with just assault weapons,
cc

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:30 pm

SD Pheasant Slayer wrote:Are people genuinely concerned about being herded up and slaughtered under the current administration? Is that a serious concern? I'm all for the 2nd ammendment, and subscribe to the notion that guns in the hands of the general citizenship is, more often then not, a benefit to the public's safety more-so than it is to the detriment. But I honestly cringe at some of the arguments and examples used to promote our common cause. The "liberals" in this country are NOT trying to disarm you for the sake of widespread slaughter. They're trying to find a solution to a very real problem. And, yes, it's probably not a functional solution and there are certainly better ways of going about it, but comparing their efforts to those of Hitler, Stalin or any other murderous dictator of choice only feed into the image of gun owners as under-educated hicks. We're not going to gain any ground with the undecided/uninformed public by projecting completely ridiculous situations. And if we want to protect our gun-rights, its the undecided/uninformed that we need to convince. We're not going to change Feinstein's opinion. She's not going to change ours. What's left are the people who haven't heard the facts and haven't formed an opinion either way. Let's not do the "liberals" a favor by portraying our argument as one based on a set of wildly irrational comparisons or doomsday projections. Let's focus on the statistics that show gun control isn't effective. Let's focus on the ecological importance of hunters using firearms or the money that brings in to local economies and the tax base. Let's focus on the multitude of gun-related activities that we partake in that harm nobody, or any of the countless arguments we can make that are perfectly sound and reasonable.
How in the world did you equate control to slaughter?

Ezzy

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 pm

nikegundog wrote:
I am concerned in the fact that the current administration feels that they can spit on the Constitution of the United States, and if they have no regard for the Constitution what other things do they have no regard for.
Is the current administration the first one to deal with gun control. I think another administration may have been in power when the Brady laws were passed. Were they also " spitting on the constitution".
Chris, this is the 21st century quite different from the revolutionary days. How did fighting a stronger power work for the native americans. how did using the law work for them. Who is netting our walleyes.
Again we need to convince the neutrals and radical statements like some are making simply don't work. With some of the friends we have we don't need enemies.
Having spent a good part of my life with military recruits, I will say to Ezzy, good luck with your deer hunter army. Cj

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Eric Holder made a speach in 1995 how they needed to "BRAIN WASH" the public into thinking gun are evil... Between the current admin. and the main stream media they are swaying some.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 pm

cjhills wrote: Is the current administration the first one to deal with gun control. I think another administration may have been in power when the Brady laws were passed. Were they also " spitting on the constitution".
Chris, this is the 21st century quite different from the revolutionary days. How did fighting a stronger power work for the native americans. how did using the law work for them. Who is netting our walleyes.
Again we need to convince the neutrals and radical statements like some are making simply don't work. With some of the friends we have we don't need enemies.
Having spent a good part of my life with military recruits, I will say to Ezzy, good luck with your deer hunter army. Cj
The Brady Bill would have been the Clinton administration and yes he also was spitting on the Constitution with a lot of Republican help.

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm

How in the world did you equate control to slaughter?
I didn't. That's exactly my point. Posts like this do:
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

------------------------------ So it might be said that guns don't kill people, gun control does!

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 pm

SD Phez Hunter,are those kinda things going to happen today or the day after guns are banned (NO) not likely but do you know what the future holds for this country??? Who knows what kinda nut might end up in charge.I don't remember exactly who made this statement yrs ago maybe some one else will.I'm not sure if it was Japan or China but I believe it was China.The statement was (We will one day take over the USA without firing a shot)!!! Maybe not those exact words either but DAM close to it.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:SD Phez Hunter,are those kinda things going to happen today or the day after guns are banned (NO) not likely but do you know what the future holds for this country??? Who knows what kinda nut might end up in charge.I don't remember exactly who made this statement yrs ago maybe some one else will.I'm not sure if it was Japan or China but I believe it was China.The statement was (We will one day take over the USA without firing a shot)!!! Maybe not those exact words either but DAM close to it.
I believe Nikki K said something along those lines?????...likely while he was pounding a Florshiem.
Not very prophetic, if said it he did.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Mount I believe you are correct,it was Kruchev & I now can recall watching it on the news.Russia is not the power it once was but China is & has beliefs along those same lines,China already owns more of this country then our Gov't
will ever admit draw your own conclusions.I can tell you right now that when I was in school & some one would have told everything that is going on right now in this world I would not have believed it.I have experienced it just as you have so now you tell me none of this could happen because it already has & we are just trying to hold onto the few freedoms we have & if we give up then all our vets have died for NOTHING!!

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Vonzeppelin - If China or any other country takes over the US "without firing a shot," it won't be because our citizenship was unarmed. Through a debt crisis or some other political agenda, maybe, but that's an entirely different issue unrelated to gun control (and I still think it's more scare tactics than anything else, call me a fool if you wish). You guys can continue to argue we need our guns to prevent some future government take over (foreign or domestic). That's your right and I respect it. I just choose to argue for gun rights with something a lot more realistic and relevant to our current society because I think it's going to be a lot more persuasive to those individuals that are undecided on the issue. We're all on the same side here.

- John Sawhill

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:21 pm

We might be on the same side as far as wanting to keep our guns but we don't agree on how to fight it the younger gen would be up for a compromise most of my gen is not!!

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I think this little video needs an encore.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/phot ... =2&theater

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Mount I believe you are correct,it was Kruchev & I now can recall watching it on the news.Russia is not the power it once was but China is & has beliefs along those same lines,China already owns more of this country then our Gov't
will ever admit draw your own conclusions.I can tell you right now that when I was in school & some one would have told everything that is going on right now in this world I would not have believed it.I have experienced it just as you have so now you tell me none of this could happen because it already has & we are just trying to hold onto the few freedoms we have & if we give up then all our vets have died for NOTHING!!
Veterens gave their lives and portions of their lives for many reasons.
Never would their contributions be considered wasted or "for nothing."

China et al are positioned where they are in part because they have no oversight of abuse involving land, materials or people.
America has lost part of what made her grow due to an extreme oversight in place involving use of land, materials and people.

Threats to the 2nd are real but the jumps to conclusions of the need for homeowners to stack lawbreakers like cordwood or the Feds shoveling guns into furnaces or people into dark holes is silly.
America is not Australia, England, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, etc....we have a much different history at our core.
Violence does exist in an ever more violent society and smart folks do take precautions...locale definetly making a difference.
What is happening tho as each side desperately trys to grab for butts in seats is the fear card is being overplayed by each side....along with the guilt/with or agin us cards.
The dolt Nugent is little different than the dolt Pelosi in that measure.
Each side turns off the folks who need convinced, as was mentioned, and what is tipping the scales now is simply....babys on stretchers.
Biden's short window of opportunity comment speaks to his understanding of that tragic opening.
There likely will be unfair requirements placed upon gun owners that make no practical sense or address the core issues of violence and ill people in this country which cause many of these tragdeys.
However, I choose to believe that the world will still sufficiently spin if less than what I would like, happens.....same result has occurred thru time with many folks and many, to them, dire and life-altering issues.

I suggest we consider how confining it is behind a moat and a castle's wall as to any resolution short of defeat or an erasing of energy and resources.
I'm guessing some of those Vets, that greatest generation, would have been smart enough to not get backed into a position with no escape.
Let's learn a bit.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm

SetterNut wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:

What you say is true but the liberals are not worrying about gun control. They are concerned controllingroling you. They know gun control doesn't work but if they can get the guns then they can control the people. Thaat is why they ignore plain old common sense.

Ezzy

I think the Liberal leaders are mostly worried about keeping their power. They can do that by controlling some, destroying others, and bribing the rest to vote for them.
These posts are right on the mark!!!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 pm

They're trying to find a solution to a very real problem.
SD Pheasant slayer, this couldn't be further from the truth. They are just trying to use any means they can to get our guns. And no, it is not so they can slaughter people, it is because of their hatred of guns [ANY GUNS!!!!] and that annoying thing called the constitution. And as has been stated by several of us, they will never stop. If they were sincerely trying to find a solution to a problem, they would focus on something besides those "evil" guns and law abiding citizens. The liberals have been demonizing [spelling?] and trying to get our guns long before there were school and/or mass shootings and they don't care how long it takes. Little by little is fine by them because they know that is the only way they can lull the people to sleep and accomplish their goal, and if and when the people wake up, IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!!!!!! They are the ones who should be labeled "evil" but I guess I have to give them credit for their tenacity and patience in spite of their STUPIDITY AND ONE TRACK MINDS!!!!

SD, please understand, this is not an attack on you.....I am just disagreeing with you that they are trying to solve a problem. In case you can't tell, I am very passionate about this. :!: :)

Charlie

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Ms. Cage wrote:Eric Holder made a speach in 1995 how they needed to "BRAIN WASH" the public into thinking gun are evil... Between the current admin. and the main stream media they are swaying some.
This is ecactly right and for years I have been telling anybody who will listen that this is what they are doing. Sadly though, I believe it is working on more than a few.

BTW, good brief post,
Charlie

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Has anyone looked up the stats on how many people were stabbed to death with a knive, beaten to death with a baseball bat or hand held object. Compared to shot to death with a gun..

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Or how many times a life has been saved by the presence of a gun....More often than not without firing a shot.

And another thing :lol: , what about this pistol grip on long guns thing. Does anybody honestly believe that a gun with a pistol grip [here again, they are only going on what the gun looks like] is more deadly and can kill more people than an a gun with a straight stock? Of course not. It is just one more example of taking any small step they can get away with to further their cause. Sorry, I get started on this and can't seem to stop. :x

Charlie

Edited: How in the world can anybody label "evil" or blame an inanimate object for anything????