Tristar Viper G2 28ga?

JWP58

Tristar Viper G2 28ga?

Post by JWP58 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Anyone own one of these? They have the silver receiver.

Thinking about maybe trying one out. I've had great experience with CZ's which are turkish made, why not the Viper G2? Plus its relatively cheap, light, a 28ga (which i dont have), and I wouldnt cry if I dropped it out in chukarland.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... ge-review/
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

gotpointers

Re: Tristar Viper G2 28ga?

Post by gotpointers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:07 am

I don't know if its the same manufacturers or not but I had a tristar Diana 12 ga. It was ok for a little bit but I lost my butt on that one. I bought it brand new from a local dealer who quit carrying them due to customer problems. Paid 499 and ended up selling it for 200 broken. Cz s are good guns but they are made by huglu in Turkey, at least the break action ones.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 am

I am aware that Huglu makes CZ. Akus makes the Kimber/S&W/"bleep" guns.

That tells me that more than one manf. in Turkey can make good guns. heck Huglu makes guns 5x better than the ones CZ imports, and they've been doing it as long or longer than the companies here in the states.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 am

Exactly the De Haan guns are made by huglu and the upper grade ones are a work of art. There's some good stuff and some not so good stuff out of Eibair also. Same for Italy.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 am

There's some good stuff and some not so good stuff out of Eibair also.
Please tell us what guns coming from Spain are"not so good"?
Earth First, We Can Hunt The Rest Of The Planets Later.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

Lanber is one that comes to mind real quick. One of the sarsqueita " pardon the spelling" brothers also put out some low grade stuff also. I have been inside some that look great on the outside but just have cheap cast innards. No fitting or jewelling whatsoever

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:44 pm

So I guess nobody?

Red

Post by Red » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Lanber is one that comes to mind real quick.
I beg to differ, first off a Lanber is a 500 dollar gun new, how much is that CZ made by Huglu? Or the De Haan?
I owned a Lamber 2097 and put thousands of shells through her with out a hiccup, sold it and wish I never had. A whole lot of gun for 500 bucks...
One of the sarsqueita " pardon the spelling" brothers also put out some low grade stuff also.
Victor, Filex and JJ Sarasqueta all made high end and low end SxS's.
All the Spanish makers were capable of making higher end guns but when Sears or one of the big US importers wanted a cheaper sxs the spanish would oblige.

I picked up this gun form a small gun maker Martin Amuategu for 336 bucks and refinished it myself. BTW, the locks are made by AyA. Buy the gun not the name.
Before
After

Check out Keri's post on Double gun shop.com
http://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthre ... 265&page=4

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

I paid 495.99 brand new for my CZ Upland SxS.

Well I got to hold one today and look it over, I'll be buying one in a couple of months in 28ga. It felt good on my shoulder and it sure is light, should be a joy to carry.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 am

Red wrote:
Lanber is one that comes to mind real quick.
I beg to differ, first off a Lanber is a 500 dollar gun new, how much is that CZ made by Huglu? Or the De Haan?
I owned a Lamber 2097 and put thousands of shells through her with out a hiccup, sold it and wish I never had. A whole lot of gun for 500 bucks...
One of the sarsqueita " pardon the spelling" brothers also put out some low grade stuff also.
Victor, Filex and JJ Sarasqueta all made high end and low end SxS's.
All the Spanish makers were capable of making higher end guns but when Sears or one of the big US importers wanted a cheaper sxs the spanish would oblige.

I picked up this gun form a small gun maker Martin Amuategu for 336 bucks and refinished it myself. BTW, the locks are made by AyA. Buy the gun not the name.
Before
After

Check out Keri's post on Double gun shop.com
http://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthre ... 265&page=4

That's a nice looking gun, I love the scene on it too. The dehaan I bought for 650 from paulcrosnoeguns.com. and also a bunch of huglu.made Cz doubles for less. I sold them ones too. I read that article on double guns you posted which pretty much confirmed my statement I posted earlier. I have been buying the " guild" type Spanish guns for years and I love them and use them exclusively for upland. I will try to get some pictures loaded of the internals of my old arrieta 955 its a true work of art IMO. If you get another lanber take a good trigger pull scale and check the variance between the triggers along with the wood to metal fit, then disassemble it and see why I make the statements.

Red

Post by Red » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I will try to get some pictures loaded of the internals of my old arrieta 955 its a true work of art IMO
We can't compare a guild gun to any Arrieta, apples to oranges. :wink:

I have never heard of a model 995, would love to see pics please.

BTW the Martin Amuategu above was built in 1956..

If you get another lanber take a good trigger pull scale and check the variance between the triggers along with the wood to metal fit, then disassemble it and see why I make the statements.
The trigger on mine was fine, and the wood to metal wasn't bad either, didn't expect to much for under 500 bucks
http://s47.beta.photobucket.com/user/ro ... 3.jpg.html
http://s47.beta.photobucket.com/user/ro ... 1.jpg.html

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:20 am

heres one i have to dig for the rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am

Anyone use a G2 Viper silver in 20ga?

I mainly want to know if these guns will run/work.

Ocie

Post by Ocie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Man that is the worst thread hijack I've seen in a while. To answer your question the Viper G2 in 28 is a great little gun. The fit and finish on mine is excellent and it is a great shooter. I've been extremely pleased with it. For the $561 you can't beat it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Kent

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 am

Ocie wrote:Man that is the worst thread hijack I've seen in a while. To answer your question the Viper G2 in 28 is a great little gun. The fit and finish on mine is excellent and it is a great shooter. I've been extremely pleased with it. For the $561 you can't beat it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Kent
That was pretty bad. The tristar Viper G2 has been in a number of magazines lateley with great reviews. Have not heard a bad thing nor have any been in the shop. i would consider if looking for a light upland autoloader and not wanting the pay the high Benelli or Beretta price.
Take Care
Pete