Emily and Bama Round two.

jcbuttry8

Emily and Bama Round two.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 pm

So, Haven't been on in a while. Extremely busy and traveling alot more than I or my wife would prefer. So, Emily has been a bit upset that we haven't trialed since the Eastern. So, today she ended up having the fever and stayed home from school and got a dose of medicine at the North Jersey Walking Puppy event today. While I don't believe the judges have ever had anyone talk quite that much and not be talking to the dog, they particularly enjoyed the skipping that was going on about half way around the course. She had fun and so did all of us watching her make a puppy event look like a lot of fun. Her and Bama took second, and in a truly respectable manner the NJBC also awarded a Junior Handler ribbon.

I wanted to go ahead and post this to try and get more people to bring the youngsters into this sport and to get more clubs to make a great effort to make it an enjoyable and fun event for the young. I give a lot of credit to both the Eastern GSP club and The North Jersey club for having junior ribbons. I think those ribbons meant more to her than the ribbons Bama got. She really felt like she earned those ribbons. As we were driving home, she asked for her ribbons that were in the front seat. She sat in the back seat and all I heard as she stared at the ribbons was " God, I love this. Can't wait for the next one.

Not sure when that will be but I will be looking. Work schedule is killing the trial season. I did surprise her with a daddy daughter trip in May though. We will be entering both puppy events in the Oak Ridge Pointing club trial Walking Trial on Memorial weekend in Polk, PA. We just had to make sure we spend a couple of nights away from the boys. I can't wait. Should be alot of fun.

Hope you enjoy!

Carolina Gundogs

Re: Emily and Bama Round two.

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 am

Joe, that is great news with Emily and Bama. Good luck in May!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:25 am

I love reading your posts about your daughter! It's wonderful that she's found a passion that you can share, and a huge kudos to you for giving her those opportunities.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:40 am

That is great: Brought a smile and chuckle to me this morning at work.
Congrats.
Rick

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 am

Congratulations to Emily and Bama. Brought back memories of my daughter, kaitlyn when she was at age. She loved to put Junior Hunter's on the dogs. I hope Emily and Bama keep up the good work
cc

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:59 am

Gonna show this to my son, he is 10 now and has been to several trials. Now it is time to let him do the walking :) thanks for the very uplifting post. Great Daddy work there, I remember the days when my girl was that age, she has flown the nest alas and is now a RN and makes more money than Ol Dad :) which is a relief lol

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 am

Love it! Congratulations to you all :D

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 am

they particularly enjoyed the skipping that was going on about half way around the course.
:D Priceless.

Nice job with both those pups, Joe.

Being a good dad is a "bleep" important job, and you are nailing it. Thanks for sharing.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Good stuff! !!

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you all. Get that 10 year old going.

I laughed as most were coming up to me congratulating me on the placement. I told them, " I did nothing but walk and laugh the whole time." I have enjoyed my short time trialing. Kona will forever be a great memory of mine. She will forever be my first, but dang if this one doesn't take top shelf because of my daughter.

I now know why they make a great team. I came home from the gym this morning to both of them laying on the floor with Emily's pillow watching the disney channel. Emily was eating cereal and Bama was eating a beggin strip. It sure is a rough life she lives outside of running trials. Hope no one turns us in for the horrible abuse.

Joe