Ore Britt Club spring trial

DonF
GDF Junkie

Ore Britt Club spring trial

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:39 am

It was this past weekend. member Chukar 12 came up to run a dog and judge a stake. Then had to go home for work but left a dog with Pro Paul Dorian to run in the Shooting dog Championship Tues and Wed.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Ore Britt Club spring trial

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

Results?? Great lookin dogs. That Grey dog looked like a really big Britt! :? :lol:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I know my friends Brittany GCH Ory's Marshal Dillon SH handled by Paul and Peggy Doiron won the OGD for a 5 point major
Still waiting on the rest of the results

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

My friends and training partners, Corrie and Chet Hadley's nice little bitch Cayuse Calamity Cate won the Amateure Derby with an awesome performance. They've done a nice job with her indeed. It's all them wild birds. ;)
Last edited by hustonmc on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Fantastic photography, Don!!

Thanks for posting.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Sat the trial didn't get over till about 6pm. happy hour lasted about an hour and a half and when they awarded position's, it was to dark to focus the camera. Very jovial time with it though. I suspect all the winner's had to be told the next day how they'd done. I have a good time at that trial, great bunch of people. Didn't get home till 9:30pm; tired as could be. next morning I got up at 6am and did chores before going out. Had to take the pickup out because the Bronco had something going on in the transmission. Got about 4 mi from home and realized I'd left my teeth home so turned around and went back foe them. Got out to the trial grounds and was going to put the computer in my trailer with the printer; no computer! "bleep"!!! So figured I'd just go shoot and e-mail the photo's out. Got up on the gun dog course and as they cast off, I tried to shoot, no luck. Took out the card the night before and left it in the computer! So I ended up using my old D70. Actually though I had another card for the D5000 but couldn't find it any where. Then recalled I gave my son a point and shoot I had and my spare card was in it! Got through the rest of the day fine but by the end of the day, about 6pm, I was shot. Walking to each brace for the cast off means a lot of walking. They weren't going to do awards till later so I got the president's address to send disc to. Took off for home and about five miles from home, the fuel pump went out on the pickup. Lady from Fossil stopped and gave me a ride. Had an older pickup with about half the back mty so we threw the dog crates in there and took the boy's home with me, also all my camera stuff. Got up this morning and called a town company to get my pickup towed home; was putting it on my AAA. they called back before the truck truck left to let me know the truck was on it's way. The nice lady told me then that AAA would only pay from their yard to a shop in town some where, 35 mi back the other way! I figured I'd just go ahead and pay if and she told me it would be $3.75 a mile round trip! For near 70 mi that would be $265,00! Told her to skip it and took the next door neighbor out with my Bronco and he pulled me in. Sitting here at the computer thinking about doing the disc for the Britt Club, the pres, Connie, gave me her address to send it to. Went to get the card with her address out and lost the "bleep" thing! This too will pass!!! :cry:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 pm

For got. Tomorrow there's a shooting dog stake there, last's two days. Paul Dorien stayed for it and chukar 12 left his dog with him to run. I'm having Jack Daniels in my cereal tomorrow morning! Good omen!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm

kninebirddog wrote:I know my friends Brittany GCH Ory's Marshal Dillon SH handled by Paul and Peggy Doiron won the OGD for a 5 point major
Still waiting on the rest of the results
That OGD ran from about noon Saturday until almost 6pm Sunday.

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:17 pm

You know what they say Don? When it rains it pours.

Things around here are going alright. Slim's leg is getting real close to being totally healed up, much of the hair has grown back in. He still has a tiny scab on one spot. I've been with him 24-7, Drs. orders to keep him from licking his leg.

The pigeons are doing alright, they've layed many eggs, and hatched out four babies this spring. One of the older babies flew the coop with the others but never returned. Since it was born here I suspect a hawk got him. I guess he ran out of luck.

A few weeks ago, I was driving by the feed store. A lot of pigeons hang out over there. This time a hawk had one in a death grip as he walked along the edge of the roof.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm

So...
The Oregon Brittany Club managed 126 entries in a two day trial, and it all went pretty smooth. At one point Saturday there were three stakes running concurrently, the magic in the whole deal was getting judge's running in the morning. It was pretty impressive. That club is run by experienced and passionate folks, they bought us all dinner and cocktails at Madras' finest Italian eatery for judging...it was a good time....any of you who are members please accept my thanks again and I am sorry I had to leave. Had an 8 hour drive and a week of meetings. I know the results of the Amateur Gun Dog...

1st...Zeb/Waitman Britt
2nd ... Rose/ Shearman Britt
3rd ... Lily/ Sandusky English Setter
4th ... Dan/ Van De Coevering Britt

and I think the OAA I have correct...
1st ... Al/Ellis, handled by Doiron Britt
2nd ... Patch/ Gower OH Britt
3rd ... Cutter/ Waitman OH Britt
4th ... Spice / Cape handled by Doiron Britt

Member orbirdhunter ran a young dog in the AGD that has all the tools, when he gets all the manners in place he will do some winning.

...and Don, thanks for the hospitality and for doing the pictures a number of club members expressed their appreciation.

Joe
Last edited by Chukar12 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Great reports guys. Sounds like fun was had by all, but very few rememeber it!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Paul Dorien's Name started coming up around here last year. Great time last year. Met Paul, Joe (chukar 11), K9, and a few other's from here. I think it was Steve with K9, my memory stinks!

This is Paul. Really nice guy and I like the way he handles the dogs, quiet! I like that the trial never waits on this guy even thought he runs most every brace. He loads up his truck with dog's and parks near the start, never wait on this guy. He's in So. Cal somewhere, east of LA about 50+ mi.

Guy on the horse on the far left is our guy Joe. met him last year too and another super guy.

Got K9 too but she's in my remote hard drive. She's just the way she sounds on here. Really neat lady. Strange, her name is Arlette but calling her K9 just seem's to fit better!

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Thank you for the compliment on my young britt Joe, she is definitely a work in progress, but then so am I when it comes to this game.
I would also like to say thanks to everyone at the Oregon Brittany club for the awesome event that they put on. Everyone is super nice and friendly. This was the 4th trial that i have run in and everyone has always made me feel very welcome and everyone was very helpful. Just a great group of people all round...
Also thanks to Joe and the other judge for AGD. My wife and i rode about half the braces and had a blast, any time we had a question about what we saw the you guys were great about explaining the situation to us in between braces.
Now its back to training for me :)......And of course I doubt we will make it another season without the wife throwing down on wanting another pup...We were talking shorthair, but after watching the britts all weekend.....she's leaning back towards another....we shall see..

basic instinct

Post by basic instinct » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

it was a fun time!! Really nice folks and they all offered great info if you asked!!! event was ran nice and smooth! I Ended up with a 3rd in the AWD so that was a start with the Britt Niki