Rock river arms

dog dr

Rock river arms

Post by dog dr » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Anybody have an AR from these guys? What's your opinion?

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Rock river arms

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:09 pm

These ones that I have owned or tested have been great.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 pm

I'd pass, but if its for recreation you'd probably be good to go. A 6920 would be a great starter gun. Look at BCM too..

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 pm

For any sort of life and death i would say no, but BCM are some of the greatest weapons made right now, also check out noveske rifle works.

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I have owned a Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS and a RRA. I like the RRA the best and highly recommend them.

K3Britt

Post by K3Britt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Rock River Arms is a quality rifle manufacturer. I have both their Lower and 2-Stage Trigger. I have yet to have a misfire/failure to feed or eject.

I have shot a BCM and I will say they are also reliable, they had one go over 30,000 rounds without cleaning I believe. The Colt is overpriced but dependable as well.

I'd avoid bushmaster, DPMS, and Spikes Tactical lowers just because for the same amount of money, you can get a better quality lower. Nothing against their products, just so much available on the market.

If you really want to get tricked out with a rifle build, I'd recommend a Noveske lower and matched upper.

What are your goals with the weapon? (Range toy? "bleep" hits the fan? Match?) I'm a rifle nut and would love to talk guns if you would want some advice, whether technical or aesthetic.

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:07 am

K3Britt wrote:Rock River Arms is a quality rifle manufacturer. I have both their Lower and 2-Stage Trigger. I have yet to have a misfire/failure to feed or eject.

I have shot a BCM and I will say they are also reliable, they had one go over 30,000 rounds without cleaning I believe. The Colt is overpriced but dependable as well.

I
Ive fired the rock river arms AR's i have noticed that they are a little "mushy" on the pull, granted that was a stock LAR-15, I own the BCM EAG tactical carbine this is the higher level AR that is priced almost the same as the higher level RRA, I have gone almost 12k rounds without a cleaning and still not a FTF or FTE and it still shoots sub 1"MOA. I also own a colt LE AR it was my first one and it was very costly not worth the money.
My newest AR is my Noveske !6" infantry rifle haven't gotten to really put her through my testing yet but it shoots nice clean crisp trigger and a really nice feel.

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 am

My RRA is set up as a varmint rifle and is incredibly accurate even with 55 FMJ factory ammo, consistently shooting ragged 1 hole groups at 100 yards. It has the 2 stage match trigger and breaks clean.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:13 am

K3Britt wrote:
What are your goals with the weapon? (Range toy? "bleep" hits the fan? Match?) I'm a rifle nut and would love to talk guns if you would want some advice, whether technical or aesthetic.

MOstly it will used for just fun - plinking, range, etc. - but also some coyote hunting. I just think they are a really nice weapon, and have wanted one for a long time. Of course, if the $hit hits the fan, then it will be nice to have it available! i appreciate all the opinions, keepem coming!

chevyrulz

Post by chevyrulz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm

llewellinsetter wrote:For any sort of life and death i would say no
JWP58 wrote:I'd pass, but if its for recreation you'd probably be good to go.
I'm confused by this opinion. Several government agencies, including the DEA, trust (or at least trusted) RRA with their lives. I loved my RRA, & so does the person I sold it to. The trigger on RRA rifles is amazingly crisp right out of the box.

I only sold my RRA so I could build my own AR using parts from Palmetto State Armory. For the money, I don't think PSA can be beat. Another solid budget AR brand is Stag Arms. I've built a couple of ARs from Stag & PSA kits for friends, family, & myself over the years.