A couple tailgate shots

whatsnext

A couple tailgate shots

Post by whatsnext » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Took my son on his first upland hunt in Kansas last week,On Monday we saw about 40 pheasants but they were running and flushing wild most of the time but i was able to knock two down. My son got a few shots off but never connected which is to be expected never having shot a shotgun before, we did not see any quail on Monday.Tuesday we saw a few pheasants and i was able to bag one, but we did move 4 coveys of quail and were able to bag a couple mainly because i was letting my son take most of the shot's, i should have brought a real camera and taken some pics of the dog's but that's life i guess. Wednesday was slow we only moved two coveys and Thursday we moved one covey and the dogs pointed three turkeys at the end of a ditch which was a new experience for me and the dogs. All in all it was a good time and we moved enough birds to stay busy, of course now my son wants to go trap shooting to hone his shooting skills alittle .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fourtrax

Re: A couple tailgate shots

Post by fourtrax » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Dogs look like Bretons to me.

whatsnext

Re: A couple tailgate shots

Post by whatsnext » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:18 pm

fourtrax wrote:Dogs look like Bretons to me.
The tri color is an American and the black one is of course a french, it was the American britts first season so he was busting most of his birds the first two days after that he was starting to put it all together,this is the black and white britts second season.