Anger in the Buttry house.

jcbuttry8

Anger in the Buttry house.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:42 am

Hello all,

It has been a while since I have been on. Life has a funny way of kicking u in the back side some times.

Now for the anger part.

I am two weeks post op from an emergency back surgery and wouldn't you know the pointer came into heat. I was planning on breeding her to Great Rivers Ice, but couldn't do the drive and Mike was heading to Michigan for a championship. So, decided to postpone the breeding til October or November. I'm on light duty at work so I am working half days. I asked my lovely little girl to feed Isis (the pointer) yesterday morning before she left for school. She wasn't paying attention and the Male teacup yorkie ended up spending the morning in the kennel with the pointer. Found him there when I arrived at the house at 1.

So the big question. What is the possibility of ending up with English Teacup Yointer puppies in a few months? He is a little fella and she is pretty tall. I am really hoping he couldn't get the job done.

Joe

Donnytpburge

Re: Anger in the Buttry house.

Post by Donnytpburge » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 am

He most defiantly can get the job done.

You can get an abortion shot, but ask your vet
About all of the side affects.

Db

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 am

how long has she been bleeding?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 am

Who are you angry at? The bitch, the male, the daughter or yourself. probably didn't happen........................Cj

bonasa

Post by bonasa » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:03 am

I have a friend that their 1 testicled dachshund bred a full grown lab. It is possible...

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 am

They will find a way if the time is right and they are together long enough. I hope it didn't happen though.

Charlie

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:11 pm

It can and will happen. I had a litter from a GSP and a toy rat terrier. They all got great homes.

KwikIrish

Post by KwikIrish » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Timing is everything. Pending how long she has been in season and where her hormone levels are, you may be in the clear. Lutalyse is the name of the shot that will abort the litter if there is one. Talk to your vet and we will cross our fingers for you!

JKP

Post by JKP » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Now wait-a-minute!!! You're not thinking this thru!!! Labradoodles sell for $1500. A "Great Shihtz" (great Dane and Shihtzu) for $2500!!! Just imagine what a Yorkiepointer will bring???? :wink: :wink:

BigJake

Post by BigJake » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 pm

I like porkie better, sorry I couldn't resist

JKP

Post by JKP » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Gotta agree...Porkie is better!!

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 am

I appreciate the help. Sorry been on the road. She had been in season for 13 days when I found the little man in the pen. I am most definitely mad at myself the little guy and Isis not my daughter. I gave the little hussy a stern talk when I found them. As for the shot, I have heard to many issues with it and just not willing to go that route. We should have done a better job of keeping them apart.

As for those of you playing with names, my daughter thought we should market them as English teacup yointer puppies. Who knows may make a fortune.

Joe

KwikIrish

Post by KwikIrish » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:35 am

I Have seen it used on multiple occasions with no issues. Your vet would be the best source for discussing risks though, not the internet. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 am

well you will have to keep us posted in about 45 days or so. We are all armchair interested in what the results will be. :wink:
(still hoping for you they didn't figure anything out in time....)

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:33 am

Well,

My darling little pointer is milking. So, we have a little more time left to see if the little yorkie pulled off the Houdini or if its a false pregnancy. Im still hoping for false pregnancy. Knowing my luck ill have some English Teacup Yointers before to long. Fortunately, I have about 4 homes that said they would like if it did happen. They maybe so ugly they are cute.

Joe

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am

Joe, she'd whelp in the next couple days if the yorkie pulled off the houdini act, right? Keeping fingers crossed it's a false pregnancy!

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:47 am

There are going to need to be pictures of these Yointers. Just get them to homes that will spay and neuter them so we don't have a bunch of Yointers taking over the animal shelters :wink:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 am

Be something if one came out looking exactly like a pointer but small as a tea cup Yorkie! Imagine that running around the hunting field with someone and lets face it; someone is gonna ask how to field train their pointer-yorky cross!

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 am

I just cant get the image of the yorkie swinging from the pointer out of my head! :lol: :lol:

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Well I just got home from a three day business trip and we have a whole lotta milk and can feel some movement in the belly. Houdini lives. I am sure we will have a couple. I will be posting pics. The homes I have found all understand that they all need to be spayed and neutered. It will be part of the agreement for placing them. She shouldn't be to long before we have them. Shes restless and whiney. when shes not shes laying and resting. At this point, I can feel three little kickers. Hoping that's it. I have 4 homes ready so that makes life a little easier.

Joe

Donnytpburge

Post by Donnytpburge » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 am

Joe:
What's the status on the yointer pups?
Db

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:11 pm

We demand to see pictures of the Yointers. I've never seen such a thing and I'm curious! Glad to know you've got the little buggers placed.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Well Im happy to report that what I thought I felt was false. Hoping the next time I have to feel around it will be a full litter. We do not have yointer puppies nor a Houdini. Passed the day and started drying up. Had her checked and notta. I was so happy that I made an appointment for the little guy to see the vet. This will not be a scare again in my house. Ive never had a false pregnancy before. So, curious if this will push her cycle for six months. She normally comes in heat in October which sucks for the American field side. Wondering now that this has happened, will it push her to December. Anyone know?

The next time will be expected, planned, and pointer puppies.

Joe

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm

The false pregnancy will not change her cycle. 2 of my girls have them ALL the time. A real one might though.

rinker

Post by rinker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:08 pm

I could be wrong and your welcome to correct me. My understanding is that a female goes through a 'false pregnancy' every time they cycle (unless they have a real pregnancy). Some false pregnancies are more obvious than others. This is why a standard pregnancy test will not work on dogs, because it will always be positive. There is a post over on the field trialer about breeding females on consecutive cycles. The argument is that hormonally, the female goes through the same thing on every cycle whether you breed them or not.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:24 pm

rinker wrote:I could be wrong and your welcome to correct me. My understanding is that a female goes through a 'false pregnancy' every time they cycle (unless they have a real pregnancy). Some false pregnancies are more obvious than others. This is why a standard pregnancy test will not work on dogs, because it will always be positive. There is a post over on the field trialer about breeding females on consecutive cycles. The argument is that hormonally, the female goes through the same thing on every cycle whether you breed them or not.
Was actually just looking at that. Pretty interesting write up. I have never had one go to this level. At 62 days, she was dripping milk on everything, nesting, restless, and whiney. Nothing Ive ever seen with any of the heat cycles. Definitely looking forward to other responses on this.

Thanks Karen. One could hope.

Joe

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Joe, we've only bred 1 bitch, and her cycle DID extend after she had pups. We have another breeding planned this winter....of course we like this bitch's cycle so undoubtedly it'll change.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 am

I'm 5'7" & my wife's 6'... we have 2 kids... trust me he can get the job done... :mrgreen: (sorry... I know it's not funny & glad it didn't happen)... Hope you recover form your surgery... & your daughter is a marketing genius!.. :lol: good luck with the next breeding...

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Glad you didn't do the abortion shot. We did that with a female after a repeat of last breeding but this time was a mistake breeding and ended up having 3 aborted litters after that. Never got her bred again.

The last breeding did produce a National Champion Shooting dog.

We should have let her keep the litter and probably could have gotten some very nice dog out of her.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Sorry to hear that. I have had a few people say things about it along the same lines. I cant say that Ill ever use that shot. I know some say its ok but im the guy with bad enough luck that would happen to me.

Joe