I think deep down inside...

AAA Gundogs

Re: I think deep down inside...

Post by AAA Gundogs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Timewise65 wrote:Well folks it isn't over "Until the Fat Lady Sings" and she is not singing.....but I guess she has been barking calling in the dogs....! :mrgreen:

It is simply amazing anyone would support Hillary for President! And deep down inside many of you who do support her know exactly what we are saying! Others truly do go "Blindly into the Night"
It seems that every day another prominent republican or national security expert not only jumps ship but calls the Donald mentally unfit for the presidency.

Today, retired 4 star Gen Michael Hayden jumped off the Trump boat joining 4 stat Gen John Allen. Gen Hayden is the former Director the NSA, for Principal Deputy Direct of National Security, and the former Director of the CIA. He's worked for the Clinton, Bush and Obama administration.

He cited Trump's erratic behavior, lack of knowledge, and overall temperament. Also, he added that nobody he knows is advising Trump on these issues (it's a small community).

In a related story, another disenfranchised republican leaked to former republican congressman ascarborough that Trump was trying to find a national security advisor but the potential advisor turned the position down after being asked 3 times in an hour about using nukes during what would be considered a routine operation or threat.

Lastly, Gen Hayden added that the presidential nuclear launch protocol does not question or debate a president'a decision to launch or use nukes but is purely designed for expediency.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:34 pm

DougB wrote:It does worry me that you don't already know what it is. It has been in the news frequently, and there are lots of sites on the internet that can inform you. Your wife may have been harassed while you were sitting next to her and you missed it.
The victim is just that. The victim of an illegal act. Why should the victim be punished by having to find other employment, or having to put up with it?

It's harassment when the victim says it is. Eight in 10 of those who were sexually harassed at work say it involves something said out loud. Forty-four percent of women who were sexually harassed say they've encountered unwanted touching and sexual advances. And about 1 in 4 have received lewd texts or e-mails.
Sexual harassment can be unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment.
http://www.stopstreetharassment.org/res ... tatistics/
In 2014, SSH commissioned a 2,000-person national survey in the USA with surveying firm GfK. The survey found that 65% of all women had experienced street harassment. Among all women, 23% had been sexually touched, 20% had been followed, and 9% had been forced to do something sexual. Among men, 25% had been street harassed (a higher percentage of LGBT-identified men than heterosexual men reported this) and their most common form of harassment was homophobic or transphobic slurs (9%).
http://www.aware.org.sg/training/wsh-si ... tatistics/
Sexual Harassment is common in the Workplace
54% (272) had experienced some form of workplace sexual harassment.
27% of the 272 respondents experienced harassment by their colleague, while 17% were harassed by their superior.
79% of the victims are women; 21% were men.
12% had received threats of termination if they did no comply with the requests of the sex
The numbers show that women are harassed by men, men are harassed by women, men by men, and women by women. Legally, no means no anything after the word is said, and coming from a position of power, the no is supposed to be assumed. You supervise someone, keep your hands off and watch what you say and do.
Your explanation sounds exactly like the accusation of the crime you are describing is the same as the crime itself. You make my point, there is no standard but rather just what someone thinks.(assumed was your word) Further more it is a crime where the accused is guilty with out due process and no way to ever be free of that quilt once it is in the paper. Is there harassment, yes there is, probably at a rate much less tan what is reported as it has become a tool for people to use if they decide to harass someone.

In any case it is not up to me to decide who is guilty, but of course that doesn't stop the liberals from deciding way too often.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Timewise65 wrote:Well folks it isn't over "Until the Fat Lady Sings" and she is not singing.....but I guess she has been barking calling in the dogs....! :mrgreen:

It is simply amazing anyone would support Hillary for President! And deep down inside many of you who do support her know exactly what we are saying! Others truly do go "Blindly into the Night"
Yes, we do. We just consider the source. Then we know we are right.
YOUR draft dodging candidate insults about every thing that is good about America and you still do not get it.
Your party's people in power are having a meeting as we speak to try to get him to be something he is not. Even trying to get his children to change him. You can not change him, THIS IS THE REAL DONALD TRUMP. You do your party and your country a disservice by supporting him.
I do not care who you vote that is absolutely your choice. just open your eyes, forget the conspiracy theory, really listen to the rhetoric with an open mind, You are people who are supposed to be intelligent not sheep, do not just follow. Think. Trump saying "Obama is the worst president in history" is obviously not true. but, because he said it you believe." Birthers'' , "Crooked Hillary", Lying Ted, Little Marky Rubio" every body who disagrees gets called a name. Is this what you want in a president. Bankruptcies, where is stockholders lost millions and he made millions, failure to pay contractors many who he broke, thousands of lawsuits. insulting the muslim gold star family, Insulting John McCain
Is this what you want in a President. TIME TO BAIL AND WORK ON THE HOUSE AND SENATE. come back in four years with a real candidate. I your Heart You know This is right. I am done........................CJ

Plus his campaign Manage was very influential in Russian politics
Accepting the Purple Heart yesterday was unbelievable. This is a insult to all veterans A purple heart is about honor not dodging the draft.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Ezzy, I feel truly sorry for the women in your family and also your African-American grandchild. I'm sure there have been times, and will be times in the future, when they have been harassed and discriminated against, but they knew they couldn't go to you for support because of your limited perspective and exclusive views. It's sad. I truly mean this as genuine empathy for them. I don't believe you want to hurt them, but ignorance is not bliss in this case. And denying they've ever experienced these things, or ever will, furthers my point.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Anybody have any info on Bill Clinton's military service? Dodged via deferment.
How about Obama's? :roll: :roll:

Springer, shame on you.You owe a giant apology here.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:16 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ezzy, I feel truly sorry for the women in your family and also your African-American grandchild. I'm sure there have been times, and will be times in the future, when they have been harassed and discriminated against, but they knew they couldn't go to you for support because of your limited perspective and exclusive views. It's sad. I truly mean this as genuine empathy for them. I don't believe you want to hurt them, but ignorance is not bliss in this case. And denying they've ever experienced these things, or ever will, furthers my point.
I need to correct something for you. I don't have an African-American grandchild. And there are a couple of women but they haven't had a problem with sexual harassment. Like most of us they have been harassed and also like all of us thy have been discriminated against. And also like all of us they have discriminated even though we know we shouldn't but it happens with all humans. After all, you are discriminating against me because of something I wrote even though you do not have any idea how I live.

It gets very slippery when we start writing laws that pertain to how or what a person is feeling instead of something that can be measured. And that is the way things are going in recent years. So much so that we are now writing laws you can't common sense things like profiling. And you know how crazy that is. Laws were never meant to control feeling but rather happenings that can be measured. Touch feely is never going to do anything but cause problems.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:24 pm

ezzy333 wrote: I need to correct something for you. I don't have an African-American grandchild. And there are a couple of women but they haven't had a problem with sexual harassment. Like most of us they have been harassed and also like all of us thy have been discriminated against. And also like all of us they have discriminated even though we know we shouldn't but it happens with all humans. After all, you are discriminating against me because of something I wrote even though you do not have any idea how I live.

It gets very slippery when we start writing laws that pertain to how or what a person is feeling instead of something that can be measured. And that is the way things are going in recent years. So much so that we are now writing laws you can't common sense things like profiling. And you know how crazy that is. Laws were never meant to control feeling but rather happenings that can be measured. Touch feely is never going to do anything but cause problems.
You said in a previous post that you have a dearly loved black grandchild:

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=51244&p=473829&hi ... ck#p473829

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:27 pm

shags wrote:Anybody have any info on Bill Clinton's military service? Dodged via deferment.

You don't want to play this game. One was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford and the other was a college athlete but found a doctor to write him a letter for a 1-Y because he had heel spurs.

A self described malady that was temporary and minor but bought him the time to avoid during the huge troop build up of 68.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Spy Car wrote:
ezzy333 wrote: I need to correct something for you. I don't have an African-American grandchild. And there are a couple of women but they haven't had a problem with sexual harassment. Like most of us they have been harassed and also like all of us thy have been discriminated against. And also like all of us they have discriminated even though we know we shouldn't but it happens with all humans. After all, you are discriminating against me because of something I wrote even though you do not have any idea how I live.

You said in a previous post that you have a black grandchild:

Yep, I sure do but he is American. Have three that are Mexican decent that are Americans. Have some of English and German decent also but each and everyone are American. Like I said before CJ called me a racist, race means nothing but for those of you where it is important I understand the importance of labeling everyone.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:41 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Ezzy, I feel truly sorry for the women in your family and also your African-American grandchild. I'm sure there have been times, and will be times in the future, when they have been harassed and discriminated against, but they knew they couldn't go to you for support because of your limited perspective and exclusive views. It's sad. I truly mean this as genuine empathy for them. I don't believe you want to hurt them, but ignorance is not bliss in this case. And denying they've ever experienced these things, or ever will, furthers my point.
I need to correct something for you. I don't have an African-American grandchild. And there are a couple of women but they haven't had a problem with sexual harassment. Like most of us they have been harassed and also like all of us thy have been discriminated against. And also like all of us they have discriminated even though we know we shouldn't but it happens with all humans. After all, you are discriminating against me because of something I wrote even though you do not have any idea how I live.

I'm sorry, you described him as a black grandchild, not African-American, in the Trumps appeal thread. And this is not discrimination you are experiencing from me, at least not on the sense we've been discussing. I'm not adverse to you because of your race, gender, sex orientation, religion, creed, or age, but rather I disagree with your stated opinions based on Trump, racism, and a whole lot of other topics. And using statements you've made, I formed an opinion of you. That's hardly what minorities face. In fact I think most minorities would like the opportunity to be judged on their actions and statements.

And harassment laws are not based on a feeling, like you state, but rather words and actions, some of which are recorded electronically or on cameras. But you're right that a feeling can separate sexual harassment from flirting. Although as a working male, I've never assumed that it was flirting with the knowledge that it may not be.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:41 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
shags wrote:Anybody have any info on Bill Clinton's military service? Dodged via deferment.

You don't want to play this game. One was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford and the other was a college athlete but found a doctor to write him a letter for a 1-Y because he had heel spurs.

A self described malady that was temporary and minor but bought him the time to avoid during the huge troop build up of 68.
Which one was a college athlete? Being deferred is not dodging the draft.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:47 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Spy Car wrote:

Yep, I sure do but he is American. Have three that are Mexican decent that are Americans. Have some of English and German decent also but each and everyone are American. Like I said before CJ called me a racist, race means nothing but for those of you where it is important I understand the importance of labeling everyone.
True, not everyone who is black wants to be called African-American. I know a guy from a Caribbean island who wanted to be called black instead. But your grandson stated he wanted to be called African-American, what would you do?

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:24 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:

Which one was a college athlete? Being deferred is not dodging the draft.
The inference is that Trump had a quack, not his family doctor, write the letter for a 1-Y medical for a made up malady.

While Bill worked the system so he wouldn't get drafted, enrolled in University of Arkansas's ROTC because all of the reserve/natural guard spots were filled, then did his 2nd year at Oxford on his Rhodes Scholarship.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:29 pm

ezzy333 wrote: Yep, I sure do but he is American. Have three that are Mexican decent that are Americans. Have some of English and German decent also but each and everyone are American. Like I said before CJ called me a racist, race means nothing but for those of you where it is important I understand the importance of labeling everyone.
So, to be clear, you have a black grandchild with African ancestry?

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:43 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
Spy Car wrote:

True, not everyone who is black wants to be called African-American. I know a guy from a Caribbean island who wanted to be called black instead. But your grandson stated he wanted to be called African-American, what would you do?
I would have to explain that anyone born in the US is American, there are no other categories. Of course you can want to be called anything but you are American . And we might have to discuss the fact there are a million things you might want but most aren't going to happen and it would be wise to be concerned about something that really makes a difference would be more important to worry about

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:48 pm

So to clear the situation Ezzy, you have an American grandson of (all or partial) black African descent?

Bill
Last edited by Spy Car on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DougB

Post by DougB » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:56 pm

s there harassment, yes there is, probably at a rate much less tan what is reported as it has become a tool for people to use if they decide to harass someone.
Is that "blaming the victim"
http://www.npr.org/2016/02/23/467826376 ... to-address
The most recent data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics estimated there were more than 43,000 workplace rapes and sexual assaults a year. But anti-rape advocates say that vastly underreports the crimes, because many victims are afraid to or discouraged from coming forward.
Thats just rapes.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 23671.html
Thirteen percent of respondents to a recent HuffPost/YouGov poll reported having been sexually harassed by a boss or another superior, and 19 percent have been harassed by a co-worker other than a boss or superior. Of those who said they’d experienced sexual harassment, a full 70 percent said they never reported it..........

Victims often don’t report the harassment, Graves said, out of concern that they’ll be made to feel they’re somehow to blame for any unwelcome advances and because the various routes to complain — which can range from reporting the conduct to your company’s HR professionals to filing a lawsuit — are hard to navigate.

Apparently, retaliation by HR, management, supervisors, or the accused harasser is more of a problem, even though retaliation is illegal
I Thought We Were Beyond Blaming the Victim for Sexual Harassment ...
Crain Communications Inc. ‑ Workforce Management
8 hours ago - No one should have to leave a job because of mistreatment of any kind. The fault lies squarely with the bully or the harasser, not with the victim.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
I would have to explain that anyone born in the US is American, there are no other categories. Of course you can want to be called anything but you are American . And we might have to discuss the fact there are a million things you might want but most aren't going to happen and it would be wise to be concerned about something that really makes a difference would be more important to worry about
So if this is the case, why was there so much fuss about Obama's parents and birth? Is racism ok as long as it's not your grandson?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:11 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
So if this is the case, why was there so much fuss about Obama's parents and birth? Is racism ok as long as it's not your grandson?
Gentlemen, I have no idea what country you are from but the only fuss about Obama birth was he wouldn't release his birth certificate and some were questioning if that was because he was not born in Hawaii but was born in Africa. Was kind of a silly debate but a necessary one that didn't need to happen. the requirements for holding the office of president is you have to be a citizen and the proof of that is present the birth certificate. Seems that would be easy as every other president has been able to and there was no reason to with hold it if you are legit. I still think it is interesting why it hasn't been presented and I have a feeling we will find out one of these days.

As far as racism goes I believe you are right. With his record he never would have been elected if he hadn't been black and he certainly wouldn't have been re-elected. No one could make a negative comment without it being claimed as racist.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Ezzy, you're showing your true colors (or lack thereof) again. You just participated in a "micro-aggression."

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:19 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ezzy, you're showing your true colors (or lack thereof) again. You just participated in a "micro-aggression."
You are probably right and I doubt I get better unless someone explains micro-aggressiveness and also shows some evidence where someone was harmed.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:23 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Ezzy, you're showing your true colors (or lack thereof) again. You just participated in a "micro-aggression."
You are probably right and I doubt I get better unless someone explains micro-aggressiveness and also shows some evidence where someone was harmed.
I'm not going to take on the task of helping you understand the life of your grandson. Google is your friend.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:32 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Gentlemen, I have no idea what country you are from but the only fuss about Obama birth was he wouldn't release his birth certificate and some were questioning if that was because he was not born in Hawaii but was born in Africa. Was kind of a silly debate but a necessary one that didn't need to happen. the requirements for holding the office of president is you have to be a citizen and the proof of that is present the birth certificate. Seems that would be easy as every other president has been able to and there was no reason to with hold it if you are legit. I still think it is interesting why it hasn't been presented and I have a feeling we will find out one of these days.

As far as racism goes I believe you are right. With his record he never would have been elected if he hadn't been black and he certainly wouldn't have been re-elected. No one could make a negative comment without it being claimed as racist.
President Obama released his birth certificate, which showed he was born in Hawaii. Why you'd bring up this non-sequitur is beyond me.

If you think Barak Obama having been elected (twice) is an example of racism in the United States, I'll beg to differ.

To clear up confusion Ezzy, do have a grandson of (all or partial) black African descent?

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:56 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
I'm not going to take on the task of helping you understand the life of your grandson. Google is your friend.
I understand the life of my grandson quite well since he has spent every summer here with me since he was 4 years old. That's changing now though since he has found girls are more interesting than learning to hunt, fly pigeons, garden, and fish. He has even got his parents involved in some of those activites and the younger brothers are learning also. I just sold a chunk of hunting ground that I can no longer get around on but I paid to keep the hunting right for all of the grandkids for the next 25 years, and I sent my pontoon boat to another son and his family. two other sons are getting my half interest in the Iowa deer hunting farm and hopefully that will stay with them and their families for years to come. The sad thing is it is getting hard for me to provide summer work and activities for all of the grand kids but since each of my kids have learned the importance of being self-sufficient and not depend on the government to take care of them I think we will be alright for a few more years. One of my grand daughters who is a high school teacher dropped in a couple of days ago on her motorcycle and spent some time with us and she seems to be coping well inspite of growing up in a non politically correct family. She loves to bowfish for carp along with her Dad so I am sure they will make good use of the pontoon boat we have used in the past.

Thank Gpd the girls have never found out how stupid and out of touch I am and thank God thy and the boys are all just as guilty. Someone will set them straight before long though. My son that teaches in Deerfield IL had a student or two tell him they got a bigger allowance than Marty was earning and thought they were going to win but that didn't happen and he has been there for 20 years now. You can probably imagine what he went through being a strict conservative in an extremely liberal Chicago area school.

I am not bragging but I have no other way to tell you my awful live style has worked for generations past and still works just as well now and in the future if people will get back to taking responsibility for themselves and stop always blaming someone else and take responsibility for your kids and stop worrying about hurting their feelings.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Ok, Ezzy, great story. I have no doubt that you have had a good life. That's not my point, but I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks. Maybe one day you'll take the time to see their lives beyond your perspective. Maybe not. Good luck.

P.S. This is a scenario (https://youtu.be/cQS3YrEhdFo) I hope your grandson never experiences, but you'd never understand if he did. This man is Patrick, and he identifies himself as such. He's not believed and then the police begin to detain him. Confused he sits in the car. He also asks to see the warrant (his legal right). Police don't show it. You can watch the rest.

Another story... At a facility for youth the police were called for a "riot" type situation. They come in. A student opens the door for them to help. He's immediately tased. He is black. He had nothing to do with the riot.

Another story... I know a guy who counsels youth. He's black. Awesome guy. He's a volunteer coach. He gets pulled over for more "broken taillights" than anyone I know. And a lot of the time he is asked to step out of the car. Would a white guy deal with this? Or be asked the same?

That is racism. But it's not limited to that. It can include things like "oh, can I touch your hair?" Ugh, it's no wonder it can still exist when people choose to believe the narrative that "we just need to take personal responsibility for ourselves." We need to take responsibility for ourselves and our lack of concern for the ridiculous treatment of others.
Last edited by mnaj_springer on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ok, Ezzy, great story. I have no doubt that you have had a good life. That's not my point, but I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks. Maybe one day you'll take the time to see their lives beyond your perspective. Maybe not. Good luck.
Old dogs are very capable of learning new tricks. They do have trouble though wondering why when the old way isn't broken.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Ok, Ezzy, great story. I have no doubt that you have had a good life. That's not my point, but I guess old dogs can't learn new tricks. Maybe one day you'll take the time to see their lives beyond your perspective. Maybe not. Good luck.
Old dogs are very capable of learning new tricks. They do have trouble though wondering why when the old way isn't broken.
It's not broken for you!

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:59 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
The old way is broken, as I'm sure your black and Mexican-American grandchildren could explain to you should you choose to hear them.

Bill

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:59 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
In your story you talk a lot about your sons but do not mention your daughters. That in itself is sexist.
Very soon your Grandson will see a far different world than you have taught him about. Hope it all works out.
You did not even mention your liberal daughter whom you say is married to an illegal. Who is being basically kept in slavery by his crooked boss. If Trump has his way her husband will be deported leaving the tax payers to take care of your grand children. They are americans. If there is two million, how many children are involved? Would it not be better to have a path to citizenship so he can support his family?
Not being judgmental because I have basically the same situation, but your proper upbringing apparently did not work out so well for your daughter. Maybe you should have taught her about birth control.
One other thought I have probably been stopped by the Highway patrol more than almost anyone on this forum. I have never seen an officers gun....................Cj
Last edited by cjhills on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Spy Car wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
The old way is broken, as I'm sure your black and Mexican-American grandchildren could explain to you should you choose to hear them.

Bill
Bill,
You forgot to tell us your pedigree.
Your dear Friend,
White English-American Ezzy
PS- Some sunny days I am pink and other days brown.
PS PS Could you tell me what is different about my grandchildren than myself at that age?
PS PS PS- we didn't talk much to older people because we were told we would learn more from listening than talking which we found was true but we seldom admitted it.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:19 pm

ezzy333 wrote: Bill,
Your dear Friend,
PS PS Could you tell me what is different about my grandchildren than myself at that age?
PS PS PS- we didn't talk much to older people because we were told we would learn more from listening than talking which we found was true but we seldom admitted it.
My ancestors were mostly of English colonial stock. There is some German and Scottish blood as well.

What's different about you and your grandchildren, I would suppose, is that only you enjoyed growing up with white privilege.

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Spy Car wrote:
Your dear Friend,
My ancestors were mostly of English colonial stock. There is some German and Scottish blood as well.

What's different about you and your grandchildren, I would suppose, is that only you enjoyed growing up with white privilege.

Bill

They all seem to be growing up with the same privilege(I think that is a politically correct way of saying something just not sure what)They all live in nice houses, go to nice schools, and best of all they have great looking, extremely smart, intriguing personality, and modest grand parents. yep, they have that white privilege you talk about.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

PS PS PS So being old means one is definitely smarter?

PS PS Nothing, except they will face judgment based on their appearance, which will be unfair and most likely negative. They will be asked if they can speak Spanish and if people can touch their hair, those are the micro-aggressions. But eventually someone will treat them completely different based on their appearance. It may be a racist epithet or it may be something like a cashier checking the "bad check" book after a white person went through without a thought to bad checks. But he can't react because then he's the "angry black man" stereotype if he even tries to stand up for himself.

PS- Are you comparing your slight tan to the struggles of people of color?

Again. Good luck

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:41 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Spy Car wrote:
Your dear Friend,

Bill

They all seem to be growing up with the same privilege(I think that is a politically correct way of saying something just not sure what)They all live in nice houses, go to nice schools, and best of all they have great looking, extremely smart, intriguing personality, and modest grand parents. yep, they have that white privilege you talk about.
Alright, so I'll move past the PC part.

http://crc-global.org/wp-content/upload ... vilege.pdf

There are some of the white privileges.

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:13 am

,You liberals make me sick you attack a man making issue if he has said he has a black grandchild or Mexican grandchildren because he doesn't believe in what you're selling doesn't make it normative difference how he describes the grandchildren but he doesn't agree with you politically so he has to be a bad person I to have a black grandchild and a Mexican granddaughter and we don't believe they are going to have to explain themselves when they grow up they are who they are and were darned proud of them just makes me sick reading how nasty you guys get to prove your point how wonderful Obama and Hillary are different things are great and you want the same old thing vote for if not vote for Trump either way stop using this form for your hate cc

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:25 am

cohanzick creek wrote:,You liberals make me sick you attack a man making issue if he has said he has a black grandchild or Mexican grandchildren because he doesn't believe in what you're selling doesn't make it normative difference how he describes the grandchildren but he doesn't agree with you politically so he has to be a bad person I to have a black grandchild and a Mexican granddaughter and we don't believe they are going to have to explain themselves when they grow up they are who they are and were darned proud of them just makes me sick reading how nasty you guys get to prove your point how wonderful Obama and Hillary are different things are great and you want the same old thing vote for if not vote for Trump either way stop using this form for your hate cc
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't believe I was nasty. I was thinking of Ezzy's grandchildren empathetically. Also, I'm pretty sure I said that Ezzy does the best he can (in other words maybe), but I still don't believe he understands the role race plays in the lives of minorities, including his grandchildren. At least not completely.

PS. I'm not talking about this because I'm proving some point about Hillary or Obama. I'm talking about this because I've seen how systematically we judge kids and people of color differently. I see in day in and day out at my place of work. We have multiple programs at different levels of care from juvenile detention to treatment units. Can you guess which program has a higher percentage of kids of color? It's the same biases that lead to people of color being viewed as suspicious first, then safe after we know them better (it's the reverse for white people). This topic goes beyond politics, it's above that. It comes down to Human Rights.
Last edited by mnaj_springer on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:56 am

mnaj_springer wrote:
cohanzick creek wrote:,You liberals make me sick you attack a man making issue if he has said he has a black grandchild or Mexican grandchildren because he doesn't believe in what you're selling doesn't make it normative difference how he describes the grandchildren but he doesn't agree with you politically so he has to be a bad person I to have a black grandchild and a Mexican granddaughter and we don't believe they are going to have to explain themselves when they grow up they are who they are and were darned proud of them just makes me sick reading how nasty you guys get to prove your point how wonderful Obama and Hillary are different things are great and you want the same old thing vote for if not vote for Trump either way stop using this form for your hate cc
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't believe I was nasty. I was thinking of Ezzy's grandchildren empathetically. Also, I'm pretty sure I said that Ezzy does the best he can (in other words maybe), but I still don't believe he understands the role race plays in the lives of minorities, including his grandchildren. At least not completely.

Springer....you are nasty in most everything you say! You leave a bad taste with all who read your Liberal babble!

"There's nothing on this green earth that a liberal progressive fears more than a black American who wants a better life and a smaller government."
Allen West

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:45 am

I don't think you were nasty either. But I am concerned that you think every little hiccup a child or adult faces is a large problem that is going to upset their lives and only the government can solve it. I think I do what I can though probably not the best since I make little effort to do anything since it has never reached the status of bring a real problem. This is probably true because we have learned to not take minor happenings and making a big deal out of them but rather we can live a good life without needing help to get along with people who think differently than we do. I like to think our grandkids have that same outlook on life since I can see the results on their parents from being brought up this way. It seems to make a big difference in what you are looking for and my kids have always been taught to look for the good and ignore the bad. In judging the 4 boys and my one daughter you can see the effect of their outlook on life mirrored in their own happiness. The two that are much more critical of others seem to find things to complain about while the other three don't and at least appear to be happier as do their children. Just so CJ can rest easier I need to make sure I mention my two step daughters who I had no part of upbringing and both of them were raised in a household with a father that wouldn't work and they gamed the system so they could benefit from all of the free government programs, Since that time, they are learning to take care of themselves, and one of the ways that we helped was to cut them off from us helping financially till they started helping themselves and got off of the government assistance programs. Not so surprising it worked and they have both married and are supporting their kids and we have developed a very close relationship to the extent they both have said how much they wished I had been there for them when they were younger as their biological father never did anything for them and still doesn't. And really all I ever did was teach them personal responsibility

We all can dream up all kinds of problems and give them cute little names so we aren't hurting anyone feelings or we can ignore most of those problems by learning how to handle them as normal consequences of human life and spend our time solving real problems and providing for ourselves and families and do it with a smile. A couple of old ideas I grew up with that are out of favor today but are still important in my way of thinking are "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" and "You can always find what you are looking for" . Very true in the past and still today and if you don't agree I am sorry your parents never taught you how to handle them.

Ouzel

Post by Ouzel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:14 am

I'm impressed by the way Ezzzy has raised his kids and his love for his grandchildren. Yes, he's from a different era and seems to have some adjustment issues relating to the changes in our current culture but his love and devotion is pretty hard to miss. I'm also impressed by the accuracy of Springer's (and others) facts and observations which have been well researched and level headed.

The attacks on Springer for being "nasty" are unfounded and to me reflect more about how people "feel" about these issues rather than what the facts are. And that's been reflected in this whole thread - you can counter all the fear and hatred from the right but you can't change how they feel about stuff. You can be told all sorts of things that should straighten out your thinking but it won't be changed.

That's been pretty telling - for me anyway.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 am

MNTonester wrote:we know this country is doomed. I am amazed and saddened by the vociferous support for the criminal Hillary found on this board (not to mention the homage and worship of Obama by the same). I am saddened that the best opposition to Hillary is the dredged up reality star Trump, who seems to be so inept as to be handing the election the criminal Clinton.
Trump is not a professional politician and will make mistakes, just as Hillary would if she tried to run a business. But he is capable of learning (unlike hillary) and I wouldn't give up as yet.

A very few things that Trump could accomplish easily would have a big effect on this country. These include shutting down illegals(both entering and currently in the country), some good Supreme Court appointments, increasing energy production(or allowing that to happen), rolling back job-killing regulations and building up the military. Lowering corporate and personal taxes would help,too. Other things will be more difficult, but that's enough.

All is not lost..unless Crooked Hillary wins.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 am

Steve007 wrote:
MNTonester wrote:we know this country is doomed. I am amazed and saddened by the vociferous support for the criminal Hillary found on this board (not to mention the homage and worship of Obama by the same). I am saddened that the best opposition to Hillary is the dredged up reality star Trump, who seems to be so inept as to be handing the election the criminal Clinton.
Trump is not a professional politician and will make mistakes, just as Hillary would if she tried to run a business. But he is capable of learning (unlike hillary) and I wouldn't give up as yet.

A very few things that Trump could accomplish easily would have a big effect on this country. These include shutting down illegals(both entering and currently in the country), some good Supreme Court appointments, increasing energy production(or allowing that to happen), rolling back job-killing regulations and building up the military. Lowering corporate and personal taxes would help,too. Other things will be more difficult, but that's enough.

Trump is a bad businessman. You forgot to mention that.

Trump Airlines? Failed.
Trump Steaks? Failed.
Trump Magazine? Failed.
Trump Vodka? Failed.
Trump Morgage? Failed.
Trump University? Failed.
Trump Ice? Failed.
New Jersey Generals? Failed.
Tour de Trump bike race? Failed.
The Trump Network (vitamin pyramid scheme)? Failed.
GoTrump.com (travel website)? Failed.

Plus the four major bankruptcies.

Plus working with the mafia.

Plus all the lawsuits filed by people who worked for him that he refused to pay. Not honorable.

Trump University was an outright fraud that intentionally ripped-off the most vulnerable.

Trump may be a businessman, but he is neither a good one or an honest or ethical one.

Which is why he won't release his taxes when every other candidate in recent decades has done so.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:09 am

Spy Car wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Trump Airlines? Failed.
Trump Steaks? Failed.
Trump Magazine? Failed.
Trump Vodka? Failed.
Trump Morgage? Failed.
Trump University? Failed.
Trump Ice? Failed.
New Jersey Generals? Failed.
Tour de Trump bike race? Failed.
The Trump Network (vitamin pyramid scheme)? Failed.
GoTrump.com (travel website)? Failed.

Plus the four major bankruptcies.

Plus working with the mafia.

Plus all the lawsuits filed by people who worked for him that he refused to pay. Not honorable.

Trump University was an outright fraud that intentionally ripped-off the most vulnerable.

Trump may be a businessman, but he is neither a good one or an honest or ethical one.

Which is why he won't release his taxes when every other candidate in recent decades has done so.
Plus being so loaded up in debt and having such bad credit that he can't find American investors or banks to finance his projects and he needs money from Russians and Russian banks. Russia has him in their pocket which is why some, like Rep. Senator John McCain's former chief of staff, speculate why Trump is so willing to recognize the Crimea as now being part of Russia.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 am

First, nobody is attacking Ezzy. We all know he is a good, well meaning person. This also has nothing to do with hate. I too have four black great grand children and I know that they will have to deal with issues that my white grandchildren will not have to deal with. If you do not believe this you are fooling yourself. That makes me sick.
The black man who was shot in St. Anthony, Mn. was Stopped because he looked like a suspect from a earlier crime by a cop that met his car when both were in cars going opposite directions. He was guilty of nothing at that time other than the wrong skin color. He would not have been stopped had he been white. We do not know what happen or why he was shot at this time. But every one is quite sure he would be alive today if he was white. same thing could happen to any of our grand children. If that does not bother you it should.
how can you support a man who has a ongoing battle with a Gold Star Muslim family. because he hit me first. That is hate. but we make you sick?.................................CJ

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:14 am

ezzy333 wrote:
I don't think you were nasty either. But I am concerned that you think every little hiccup a child or adult faces is a large problem that is going to upset their lives and only the government can solve it. I think I do what I can though probably not the best since I make little effort to do anything since it has never reached the status of bring a real problem. This is probably true because we have learned to not take minor happenings and making a big deal out of them but rather we can live a good life without needing help to get along with people who think differently than we do. I like to think our grandkids have that same outlook on life since I can see the results on their parents from being brought up this way. It seems to make a big difference in what you are looking for and my kids have always been taught to look for the good and ignore the bad. In judging the 4 boys and my one daughter you can see the effect of their outlook on life mirrored in their own happiness. The two that are much more critical of others seem to find things to complain about while the other three don't and at least appear to be happier as do their children. Just so CJ can rest easier I need to make sure I mention my two step daughters who I had no part of upbringing and both of them were raised in a household with a father that wouldn't work and they gamed the system so they could benefit from all of the free government programs, Since that time, they are learning to take care of themselves, and one of the ways that we helped was to cut them off from us helping financially till they started helping themselves and got off of the government assistance programs. Not so surprising it worked and they have both married and are supporting their kids and we have developed a very close relationship to the extent they both have said how much they wished I had been there for them when they were younger as their biological father never did anything for them and still doesn't. And really all I ever did was teach them personal responsibility

We all can dream up all kinds of problems and give them cute little names so we aren't hurting anyone feelings or we can ignore most of those problems by learning how to handle them as normal consequences of human life and spend our time solving real problems and providing for ourselves and families and do it with a smile. A couple of old ideas I grew up with that are out of favor today but are still important in my way of thinking are "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" and "You can always find what you are looking for" . Very true in the past and still today and if you don't agree I am sorry your parents never taught you how to handle them.
You're right. It shouldn't take government policy to change the systemic racist that exists. All it should take is people being willing to listen to the real struggles of people, that aren't minor happenings because they affect every facet of their lives, and be willing to be part of the solution. But so far it hasn't happened.

You don't have to brag about your children and grandchildren as an example of how great you do things. I have no doubts that they are thriving. I have no doubt that they have learned some good lessons from you. I just doubt you will ever understand the role race plays in some of their lives. The effect it has on them daily. Imagine if you were asked to carry (on your back), a 5 pound weight all day. No big deal. Then the next day another 5 pounds (without losing the previous days). No big deal. Ten pounds is easy. Now continue this process every day. You could even skip a day or two, but eventually you wouldn't be able to move. And don't give me the "words never hurt me" line. That's for children. Words can hurt, that's why so many Republicans are backpedaling after this Gold Star Family feud. That's why Pence had to apologize for Trump. You're an adult, you know the power of words. "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Spy Car wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Mr. Trump's net worth in dollars begins with a "B", as in billion. I believe that belies your contention of his being a bad businessman. Moreover, in business, you try things. Sometimes they work; sometimes not. Pushing past the less-than-successful ventures to achieve success is called "character".

As for taxes, that's a foolish argument . Why give the corrupt press an opportunity to bring more distractions from the issues in an attempt to support their chosen candidate, Crooked Hillary?

Something is wrong with you. Trump is right on the major issues (see above; you must have missed it.) and can solve those problems pretty easily, to the benefit of the nation. Crooked Hillary can do no better--and likely worse--than the Failure-In-Chief currently in the White House. Don't you believe in hope and change?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:28 pm

You're right. It shouldn't take government policy to change the systemic racist that exists. All it should take is people being willing to listen to the real struggles of people, that aren't minor happenings because they affect every facet of their lives, and be willing to be part of the solution. But so far it hasn't happened.

You don't have to brag about your children and grandchildren as an example of how great you do things. I have no doubts that they are thriving. I have no doubt that they have learned some good lessons from you. I just doubt you will ever understand the role race plays in some of their lives. The effect it has on them daily. Imagine if you were asked to carry (on your back), a 5 pound weight all day. No big deal. Then the next day another 5 pounds (without losing the previous days). No big deal. Ten pounds is easy. Now continue this process every day. You could even skip a day or two, but eventually you wouldn't be able to move. And don't give me the "words never hurt me" line. That's for children. Words can hurt, that's why so many Republicans are backpedaling after this Gold Star Family feud. That's why Pence had to apologize for Trump. You're an adult, you know the power of words. "The pen is mightier than the sword."
I understand your problem and I wish I could help. Though you won't believe it, our country isn't systemic racist although racism does exist and always will. You will be able to find it if you look for it in every race that exist. It will continue in this country longer because we have groups like the KKK and the NAACP promoting it. Strangely the white side of organized stupidity seems to be learning faster than the black side but we also don't have as many so called preachers advocating it. But it always amazes me the difference in the way liberals present the racial problems compared to what we see here in rural America where we all work and live together. But change will come slow as long as we have people promoting white privilege, black history month, affirmative action, gay pride, and a host of other programs that are promoted as something good for minorities while actually keeping any differences we have in the foreground so they can be exploited and controversial. And your post goes right along with the superlative liberal thinking that the way to solve problems is to keep pointing out how bad the other side is being treated. Let me ask where in the world do blacks have a better lifestyle than here? Where do gays have a better life than here? What country has a more relaxed border than here? And where do we find more people wanting to live than here? And where does any one have a louder voice than here? Where is more effort put forth to insure freedom of people than here? And where do more foreign students go to school than here? Where do people go for the best in healthcare? And where is the perfect world that you all measure our country against?

We are a long way from perfect but we are much closer than most any other place and will continue to be if we can get rid of the nonsense called political correctness and get back to our Christian principles and once we have accomplished that we might just find the other problems we have and even the ones we dream up will pretty much correct themselves. Always seems strange to me that we are asked to spend money by our government to solve the problems they have created. But life goes on.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Steve007 wrote:
Mr. Trump's net worth in dollars begins with a "B", as in billion. I believe that belies your contention of his being a bad businessman. Moreover, in business, you try things. Sometimes they work; sometimes not. Pushing past the less-than-successful ventures to achieve success is called "character".

As for taxes, that's a foolish argument . Why give the corrupt press an opportunity to bring more distractions from the issues in an attempt to support their chosen candidate, Crooked Hillary?

Something is wrong with you. Trump is right on the major issues (see above; you must have missed it.) and can solve those problems pretty easily, to the benefit of the nation. Crooked Hillary can do no better--and likely worse--than the Failure-In-Chief currently in the White House. Don't you believe in hope and change?
Mr Trump's claimed net worth is viewed with serious skepticism by leading financial analysts and business magazines that are otherwise pro-business.

Trump won't release his taxes, which most believe is because they would reveal his financial problems. Trump calls himself "the king of debt" and there is are serious questions about how many of his investments are either underwater or leveraged to the hilt. Even Trump says his chief asset is his name, an asset whose value is being tarnished each passing day.

And what sort of business builds wealth by defrauding people? Or by refusing to pay people for honest work?

These are the practices of a con-man, not a businessman. Ill-gained riches are not something to point to with pride.

Aside from Trump's thin skin, lack of character, and volatility, I think he's wrong on virtually every major issue (although he changes his mind in 180 turns so often that it is sometimes difficult to keep track of what he really believes).

President Obama was a fantastic president, not doubt HRC will be great as well.

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:48 pm

And as if to make my point, it was just announced that Donald Trump must face trial on Racketeering charges under RICO provisions in the Trump University scam.

Another day, another few disasters in Trump-land. It is a dumpster-fire at this point.

Bill

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Spy Car wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

President Obama was a fantastic president, not doubt HRC will be great as well.
Geez! I'd be careful. I mean, I understand that you're joking about the moron in the White House, but if others didn't, goodness knows what they might think of you!

A guy could lose accidentally his reputation for good sense with jokes like that.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Steve007 wrote: Geez! I'd be careful. I mean, I understand that you're joking about the moron in the White House, but if others didn't, goodness knows what they might think of you!

A guy could lose accidentally his reputation for good sense with jokes like that.
Have you seen President Obama's approval ratings lately? And it is his birthday (says so on his American birth certificate :wink: ).

Happy birthday Mr President!

Meanwhile, Trump is facing imprisonment on racketeering charges. While his wife may be deported for lying during the immigration process. And this is just today's news...so far.

What disasters await?

Like VD, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bill