Hillary's tax plan

shags
GDF Junkie

Hillary's tax plan

Post by shags » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

So everyone has heard that Hillary promises to raise taxes on the rich, and make them pay their fair share. There's talk that she'll raise taxes on those earning > $41,000 as well.

IIRC the Clintons' income puts them in the top 3% of the 1%.

Seems like with her rhetoric Hillary wants to do what's right and pay her fair share too, wouldn't you rhink?

Well how about they claimed salary of one hundred dollars last year? Yep, $100.
Maybe. maybe not, who cares.

Their business income was over $10M.

They took deductions of over $2M

Their tax refund -yeah, they got a refund - was $1,039,790.

you can view the return on her website, complete with signature.

Kinda makes hoping for a couple hundred bucks back a little pathetic.

AAA Gundogs

Re: Hillary's tax plan

Post by AAA Gundogs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:52 pm

shags wrote:So everyone has heard that Hillary promises to raise taxes on the rich, and make them pay their fair share. There's talk that she'll raise taxes on those earning > $41,000 as well.

IIRC the Clintons' income puts them in the top 3% of the 1%.

Seems like with her rhetoric Hillary wants to do what's right and pay her fair share too, wouldn't you rhink?

Well how about they claimed salary of one hundred dollars last year? Yep, $100.
Maybe. maybe not, who cares.

Their business income was over $10M.

They took deductions of over $2M

Their tax refund -yeah, they got a refund - was $1,039,790.

you can view the return on her website, complete with signature.

Kinda makes hoping for a couple hundred bucks back a little pathetic.
So you're telling us that they paid a $1M too much in estimated taxes?

Is this thread to thank them for the interest free million dollar loan that they gave the government?

Ps. What was their effective tax rate?

DougB

Post by DougB » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:41 pm

And that compares to Trumps how?
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

DougB

Post by DougB » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:55 pm

And that compares to Trumps how?

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Can you substantiate the raising taxes for >$41,000?

Also, her plan seems to be pretty much the same for most people.

Trumps plan will put money in your pockets but will add $10 trillion in national debt.

I don't know.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 pm

We should all pay the same %, no deductions.
Then there is no debate about fair share. There are way to many people that don't pay hardly any taxes, that think others don't pay their fair share.

You can still help people that really need it, but they should pay taxes so they understand its not free Obama money, its real peoples money.

That is a lot of income for someone who was "Broke" when they left the White House.
Steve

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:21 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Can you substantiate the raising taxes for >$41,000?

Trumps plan will put money in your pockets but will add $10 trillion in national debt.

I don't know.

Reread your own post. You seem confused Also, her plan seems to be pretty much the same for most people..
So taxes for the Clintons and the other 1%ers will be pretty much the same as for the middle class?

Watch one of Hil's performances on stage, where she pinches her fingers and screeches into the mike about how "we're" going to raise taxes on the rich and make them pay their fair share, as if she is one of the folks in the audience who struggles along paycheck to paycheck. And the sheeple cheer, while calling Trump supporters mouthbreathers. Oi.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:35 am

shags wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Can you substantiate the raising taxes for >$41,000?

I don't know.

Reread your own post. You seem confused Also, her plan seems to be pretty much the same for most people..
So taxes for the Clintons and the other 1%ers will be pretty much the same as for the middle class?

Watch one of Hil's performances on stage, where she pinches her fingers and screeches into the mike about how "we're" going to raise taxes on the rich and make them pay their fair share, as if she is one of the folks in the audience who struggles along paycheck to paycheck. And the sheeple cheer, while calling Trump supporters mouthbreathers. Oi.
I didn't clearly state what I meant. I was tired. What I meant is it appears her plan is status quo for most people (minus those who make over $5 million). I'm not confused. I read reviews of both plans at taxfoundation.org. It was pretty clear.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 am

As an aside: presidents tax plans are works of fiction. Always have been, always will be. Congress makes the tax plans. Presidents can influence, or try to influence the plan, and can even veto if they disagree. Congress can listen or not and can over ride a veto.

Note: Clintons paid taxes at a 30% level. Trump paid how much?
You just classified the majority of the voters as Sheeple. Why do you always fall back to name calling. Attack her policies, show how Trumps are better. I know. Not possible. Every time you make a point, we drag facts into the argument. Verifiable facts. Then, we get called names. Name calling proves nothing. Facts and logic do.

You used an argument against Clinton (income level and taxes paid) that is about 6 times more effective against the Donald. If you want, I can cite sources.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 am

So you liberals calling people mouthbreathers and uneducated is acceptable? Whatever, Doug. Clean your own house before critcizing others'.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:51 am

shags wrote:So you liberals calling people mouthbreathers and uneducated is acceptable? Whatever, Doug. Clean your own house before critcizing others'.
Your "problem" seems to be with sociologists and, specifically in this example, pollsters that use college graduation as the delineator between "educated" and "uneducated" when forming demographical groups.

It is actually little baffling that such simple concepts, like choices a person makes, like gun owner and non-gun owner or democrat and republican or home owner and non-home owner, would be used to assign them to a demographic. It shouldn't be that difficult of a concept to grasp so it makes one wonder if you're being intentionally obtuse or if you need a nasal decongestant.

PS. I've been a registered republican since I turned 18 and, in the several decades since then, have never voted for a democrat for president. You can thank the RNC and Trump for breaking my streak.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:16 pm

shags wrote: Watch one of Hil's performances on stage, where she pinches her fingers and screeches into the mike about how "we're" going to raise taxes on the rich and make them pay their fair share, as if she is one of the folks in the audience who struggles along paycheck to paycheck. And the sheeple cheer, while calling Trump supporters mouthbreathers. Oi.
Screeches? Oy Vey. You're not painting a pretty picture for the remain trump supporters.

Do you want to know why some people would be led to believe that Trump supporters are mouthbreathers, especially when it comes to his tax plan, is because his tax plan will give the average American a couple of hundred dollars while he's going back up the Brinks truck to people like me. For example, the starting rate for my corporate taxes was at 35% but, by the end of the day, I was at an effective tax rate in the low teens. Trump's plan will cut my starting rate to 15% and, by the end of the day, your kids/grandkids will effectively be paying me to be in business because they'll inherit the $17T that trump would add to the deficit in his 8 years (he even admits $10T).

So yea, I'm in disbelief.

PS. I won't be creating any job because of the lower rate. I'm already at maximum greed.

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:54 pm

shags wrote:So you liberals calling people mouthbreathers and uneducated is acceptable? Whatever, Doug. Clean your own house before critcizing others'.
Where do you get this?
I don't believe I have ever called anybody a "mouth breather" unless I witnessed them breathing through their mouth. I have said nothing about your level of education, as I don't know it. I don't like your "debating" technique. I will willingly and eagerly (also accurately) call the Donald uneducated. His vocabulary and grammar, his limited knowledge of current events and constitutional procedures, no idea of the Presidents job description, his inability to tolerate criticism, and his inability to take advice from experts clearly show he is a man of limited education. There is a real difference between getting an education and attending a college. Trump attended.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/14/donald-trump-wharton/
Trump was careful not to capture any unwanted attention at school, he evaded the Dean’s List and any kind of honors and any kind of recognition of service,
I went to the Wharton School of Finance,” he said multiple times in a July 11 speech in Phoenix, Ariz. “I’m, like, a really smart person.”
Really smart people don't have to constantly tell you how smart they are.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Very true but there are millions of possible voters you have to tell over and over and then most still won't get it.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:45 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Very true but there are millions of possible voters you have to tell over and over and then most still won't get it.
What??

DougB

Post by DougB » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:49 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
What??
BAZINGA