Wonder lead

oldbeek

Wonder lead

Post by oldbeek » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:02 pm

I resisted buying one of these for years. Man what a mistake. This thing is a wonder. In heal my dog has been fair but not exactly what i want. Put on the wonder lead and she is right there by my side. I am begining to train a gsp and figured i need all the help i can get at my age. Highly recommend it.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Re: Wonder lead

Post by Trekmoor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:30 am

I first read of this lead about 30 years ago and was curious as to what it looked like and how it worked. When this post appeared I google searched "Wonder Lead" and was a bit surprised to see what looks like a very ordinary, plain slip lead......the kind I use all the time.

What is it that I am missing .....in what way is this not an ordinary slip lead ?

Thanks
Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:42 am

A wonder lead is waxed or otherwise coated nylon, like a piggin' string*, and that makes it stiff. it's more responsive to the handler. Also, being rigid and somewhat scratchy, and not soft and pliable, it puts a bit more discomfort on the dog's neck.

A Wonder Lead is what I used to get my 67 pound setter to walk nicely by my side. It took about 90 seconds to calm the Whirling Dervish, whereas the regular flat collar, then chain collar, then prong collar didn't faze him at all.

*Since your a furriner, pardner, a piggin string is used to tie calves' feet in roping competitions or ranch work. :lol: :lol:

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 am

My trainer got my onto a type of 'Prong Collar' that is very unique in its design. Unlike all other collars of this type it has no clasp and slips over the dogs head. It has no prongs that pinch in the throat area, and is covered so it looks like a normal collar. They are available on line at http://www.lolalimited.net. I have not affiliation with this company, but I did purchase two of these collars to train my newest dog a few years ago. They are the best training collar I have ever used, especially for training basic obedience like heal, sit, down, and here (with 30' lead). They refer to this collar as the "Secret Powers" Training Collar. I like it also because the dog learns to associate pressure around the neck area with what eventually becomes an e-collar....making that transition easier.....

I understand some people dislike 'prong collars'! If you think they are improper to use, go to your local store, and try one on your forearm, when you tighten or jerk these collars they DO NOT SCRATCH, POKE, OR STICK YOU! What they do is pinch! Of course like any training gear, the trainer must know and understand how to use the collar properly...

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:37 am

shags wrote:
*Since your a furriner, pardner, a piggin string is used to tie calves' feet in roping competitions or ranch work. :lol: :lol:
Thanks pard .....that's the first time in my life I've ever had a chance to use those words ! :lol:
Must admit I didn't have a clue what "piggin string" was .....I thought you lot maybe used it when castrating pigs ! :lol:

Bill T.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 pm

The lead i just bought looks like it is made of cast nylon. Very stiff. Being cheap i also thought, I can make one of those. It is just not the same. not stiff and does not work like the wonder lead.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Trekmoor wrote:
shags wrote:
Thanks pard .....that's the first time in my life I've ever had a chance to use those words ! :lol:
Must admit I didn't have a clue what "piggin string" was .....I thought you lot maybe used it when castrating pigs ! :lol:

Bill T.
Bill -

This is what I have used for quite a while now. All you really need to do is set your hand and string in the correct place and keep it there as you walk. If you put the loop on the dog(up close to the ears) so that the portion of the string you are holding is straight, with the loop facing away from your leg you will get the quickest rope response. The waxed string is like a spring. If the dog pulls forward, down or to the side, the loop closes. The absolute INSTANT the dog's head returns to the proper place, the loop releases the pressure. We cannot react as fast or as precisely as the spring action of the rope.

Here is where I get mine:

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/pig ... x7-5-white

RayG

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:34 am

Thanks Ray, I may send away for one of these , I'm curious !

Bill T.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:33 am

In addition to what Ray said, another advantage to the wonder lead is that it's responsive to little 'taps' - you use tiny little hand movements and no need for jerking the dog around.
Besides the article below, you can find a few videos on youtube.
http://huntsmith.com/article.php?id=5

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Another endorsement. :) Has worked great for me over the years too.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

jfwhit

Post by jfwhit » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:10 am

I have a couple Wonder Leads. Ronnie Smith Jr (Delmars nephew) trained my 3 year old Brittany. He and his crew have these things within reach all day during each training exercise. Usually tucked into their pants along their back. They also wear leather gloves when using them. I now have added a Pudelpointer to my crew and am giving it a go to train her myself. She's almost 6 months. And spunky. I put the Wonder Lead on her and she instantly complied and was healing with minimal effort. I told my wife I see why they call it a Wonder Lead. Makes me feel like I am better at this than I really know I am.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Trekmoor wrote:Thanks Ray, I may send away for one of these , I'm curious !

Bill T.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You need one :twisted: lol

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am

Yep ! I am in deep poo trying to train my lab pup anything other than retrieving ! I can't move as fast or as far as I used to and the ways of training I used all my life are not possible for me now......... I've even been using treats recently ! :lol:
Retrieving, or at least the delivery part of it, was proving difficult too because I was going dizzy if I crouched or bent forward much when taking dummies from her. I have now taught her to come into me then to stand on her hind legs placing her front paws on my belly when delivering. She seems to like doing that especially when she misses her aim with her front paws and then hears me groan in pain when they hit me right in the norty bits ! :roll:

It's a good job I enjoy training dogs or I'd have given in by now !

Bill T.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:14 am

It's often overlooked Bill, we all grow old and our reactions are never the same as when we were young.I'm sure your early days when training dogs for the blind and the techniques used will be useful with this one perhaps.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 am

Yep. It can all be summarized by my little catchphrase....."The older I get, the better I was !" :roll:

Bill T.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 am

Sharon wrote:Another endorsement. :) Has worked great for me over the years too.
At Jack Russell roping rodeos? :mrgreen:

More retriever folk have got the buzz about the piggin' stick, over the heeling stick - prong collar - slip lead.

MG

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:53 am

crackerd wrote:
Sharon wrote:Another endorsement. :) Has worked great for me over the years too.

More retriever folk have got the buzz about the piggin' stick, over the heeling stick - prong collar - slip lead.

MG
MG -

We WERE talking about training bird dogs. I freely admit that I know very little about training retrievers, but I CAN say with some degree of certainty that the wonder lead can be a very useful tool for working pointing dogs.

As I alluded to in my previous post, any corrections or releases coming from the pigging string are, by the nature of the tool... instantaneous.
Any corrections from the human part of the equation require at least a fraction of a second to process the information and initiate the correction or the release. It is called response time, but I am sure you know that.

Jack Russells are little buggers and must be tough to rope. :lol: :lol:

I do suspect that you could use a pigging string to get a Jack Russell to walk with you, if that was your wish. Perhaps you could let us know how it works out. :P :twisted:

RayG

tekoa

Post by tekoa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Another Wonder Lead Story.

I had a Setter about 10 years ago that was solid steady to wing and shot , almost perfect on whoa and recall, but would not heel. He'd be ok for 15 seconds and then pick up speed and start to veer off to my left. If I didn't stop him in the first 5 seconds of his move he'd start to trot and then break and run. I'd bring him back and leash him and he'd be ok for 15 seconds and then start to pull.

Went to a Smith training school and saw the Wonder Lead. Bought one and tried it out next day. After about a dozen 10 minute walks with the lead I was able to hang it on my belt and whenever dog would start to move away from heel I'd give him a 'pssst', he'd look at the lead on my belt and fall into heel. After a dozen more sessions I was able to put the lead away and he would heel perfectly unless there were squirrels to chase, and then all was lost.

Used it on all my dogs since and it worked on all of them, Including my 80 pound, bull headed Chessie.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm

crackerd wrote:

MG
Oh you are a funny man. :) Remember I have had setters and a GSP. ( Never used a wonder lead on any JRTs. They'd grab it and throw me on my back.)

Now back to the OP's question.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

birddogger2 wrote:
crackerd wrote:

MG
MG -

We WERE talking about training bird dogs. I freely admit that I know very little about training retrievers, but I CAN say with some degree of certainty that the wonder lead can be a very useful tool for working pointing dogs.
Ray, missed out on your tagline at the end of your post, was wondering who "birddogger2" was! First saw the "piggin' stick" (or string as it's called on here)/WonderLead used downstate 20 years ago on a certain preserve (by a certain trainer, on birddogs, of course!) and yes, its effectiveness was eye-opening. Was only saying that retriever folk have since seen the light on its use, too.

JRT rodeo folks, Sharon's categorical denial will have to suffice. :mrgreen:

MG

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 am

Something to keep in mind about any training aid is that they are only as good as the person using them!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Many on here comment on "Retriever" people discovering the Wonder Lead....

I am a Retriever guy, and I have been working with my retrievers for over 30 years now. I have worked with a number of professional retriever trainers, over the years. I have attended Retriever field trials, as a spectator, and I have run my retrievers in AKC and HRC hunt tests for many years. I have run hunt tests in IL., MI, Iowa, NEB., KS., and MO and I have yet to see or hear anyone talking about a Wonder Lead....! Most people and trainers I have worked with or talked with use Pinch Collars for initial obedience and then move to e collar when the pup is old enough and fully trained on basic obedience.

Now I do not doubt that some Retriever people use them, so I am not trying to say that is not true. I Just have not seen or heard of it amongst the retriever people I have worked with.

Just saying.....??

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Timewise, I run FTs when I attend them, and have seen four handlers training with the Wonder Lead in the last month, three of those at the advice of their pros. These were all-age field trial dogs, not hunt test or derby dogs. Even saw one handler ahead of me lead his dog into the holding blind on a Wonder Lead at a trial recently. Just saying...and seeing.

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Some even 'wonder' where the lead is in training :lol:
probably airbrushed or photo shopped out.
HEEL PACK.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm

crackerd wrote:Timewise, I run FTs when I attend them, and have seen four handlers training with the Wonder Lead in the last month, three of those at the advice of their pros. These were all-age field trial dogs, not hunt test or derby dogs. Even saw one handler ahead of me lead his dog into the holding blind on a Wonder Lead at a trial recently. Just saying...and seeing.

MG
Very interesting. I know very little about retriever training, especially at the competitive level. I do know that some of the e-collar techniques that pointing dog owners use were introduced by retriever folks. Kinda neat to see that there is useful information flowing the other way.

Thanks for the observation MG.

RayG

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 am

crackerd wrote:Timewise, I run FTs when I attend them, and have seen four handlers training with the Wonder Lead in the last month, three of those at the advice of their pros. These were all-age field trial dogs, not hunt test or derby dogs. Even saw one handler ahead of me lead his dog into the holding blind on a Wonder Lead at a trial recently. Just saying...and seeing.

MG
Not sure what your point is......

................As I said, and I quote...."Now I do not doubt that some Retriever people use them, so I am not trying to say that is not true."

My experience, is simply, my experience....................Same for you! :mrgreen:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 am

Timewise65 wrote:Many on here comment on "Retriever" people discovering the Wonder Lead....

I am a Retriever guy, and I have been working with my retrievers for over 30 years now. I have worked with a number of professional retriever trainers, over the years. I have attended Retriever field trials, as a spectator, and I have run my retrievers in AKC and HRC hunt tests for many years. I have run hunt tests in IL., MI, Iowa, NEB., KS., and MO and I have yet to see or hear anyone talking about a Wonder Lead....! Most people and trainers I have worked with or talked with use Pinch Collars for initial obedience and then move to e collar when the pup is old enough and fully trained on basic obedience.

Now I do not doubt that some Retriever people use them, so I am not trying to say that is not true. I Just have not seen or heard of it amongst the retriever people I have worked with.

Just saying.....??
I've been to lot's of trials but have only seen one Wonder Lead in my life. I wonder how the thing's people do with it were done before it came to be.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

birddogger2 wrote:Very interesting. I know very little about retriever training, especially at the competitive level. I do know that some of the e-collar techniques that pointing dog owners use were introduced by retriever folks. Kinda neat to see that there is useful information flowing the other way.
"Flowing" is kind of the operative word here, Ray, in more ways than one. In retriever trials, you can have a dog on a lead going from one holding blind to a second and third holding blind, and while in those holding blinds awaiting your run. But when the judge calls your number summoning you and the dog to the line, you must remove the lead before you exit the last holding blind, and moreover must put away the lead before exiting those blinds so that it cannot be seen, etiquette of gentlemanly competition and all that.

And therein lies the second "flowing" problem with the Wonder Lead - getting it secreted away on your person before the dog's running the test. The Wonder Lead being a stiff piece of rope that doesn't lend itself to neat filing away takes some pregame stowing strategy.(Alas, Robert's Photoshopping and airbrushing ideas doesn't work in live action.) I think that's probably the contributing reason as to why the Wonder Lead isn't more popular yet in retriever trials and hunt tests. Though you might be able to make a case that it holds up your pants if you tied it around your waist before you went to the line. Of course, there's also the possibility that you might be running under women judges, and come to the line to hear, "Hey, is that a Wonder Lead in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me!"

Lastly, you can put a lead back on a dog when it's done with its run in a retriever FT - but only after the dog's delivered the last bird (of three or four) in a series, and after the judges have excused you, and you are out of their sight and well behind the line. Or if the judge tells you to have your dog honor on lead for the next working retriever (bad pronouncement, means you're out of the trial).

You see lots of leads in use at FTs, especially - chain and choke collar combination, "show" lead pulled tight as possible, leather loop with choke collar; I personally use a British slip lead going to (and from) the line, but as Robert would be the first to tell you, I don't have one of those rank firebreathing black dogs to deal with, either...They're the more "deserving" recipients of Wonder Lead use among retrievers.

MG

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:32 am

DonF wrote:
Timewise65 wrote:Many on here comment on "Retriever" people discovering the Wonder Lead....

Just saying.....??
I've been to lot's of trials but have only seen one Wonder Lead in my life. I wonder how the thing's people do with it were done before it came to be.
It's a pointy dog thing 'invented' by a pointy dog trainer (Delmar Smith). It's not something you'd necessarily see or read about in general training sessions, videos, or books. Unless you read Delmar's book or use the Huntsmith approach to training. I think maybe Sherry Ebert used one in her video, too.

Don, before the wonder lead I can tell ya how things were done(in my yard anyway)...yank, yank, stop, yank, u-turn, yank, stop, u-turn, yank yank until arms were tired or the dog was wore out. Rinse and repeat over days and days :lol: A few minutes on the WL with a few light tugs and a tap or three, and I've got a big headstrong dog heeling nicely. Want to teach 'whoa' quick and easy? Try the WL with a half hitch on the flank. It's perfect for point of contact intro moving on the the ecollar on either neck or flank.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm

If it works for Delmar or anyone else then I'm sure it's no 'wonder' they favor it.
The reflexes and timing of any action by any one with any tool determines the precision finish I suppose.
I'm from the camp that teaches the dog the behavior before the command is even overlay-ed ,so as a fix to something that shouldn't be there in the first place would only be used on a clients dog, yea we 'Limey's' are funny that way ...I don't tell a dog to sit when it's standing ,and I don't tell a dog to stand when it's sitting , so I'm sure not going tell one to heel when it's not heeling .
My pups don't have a lead or collar of any kind on their neck until they have learned 'Heel' . But that's just me and it works for me.
Many Pack Hound folk use couples/shacks with an older dog to speed up this process ,it doesn't teach 'Heel' per se' but it does stop the little cherub bogging off from the handler.
I too see no difference to the wonder lead like 'Bill' mentioned to a common slip lead ..The piggin thing may well be greased or nylon ,but that bit mentioned about it being more responsive to the dog ,well that just blends back in to my suggestion that perhaps the handler doesn't have the timing right to train the dog in the first place to 'heel position' . So yea, if it works for them then fine , but at some point the transition will have to be 'Non-wonder' ?

Dogs' ain't stupid , mine know when the lead is on and when it's off , I would like to think the same behavior is achieved off lead as it is on ! ? ..
When 'heeling' more than one ,them pups almost push and shove to get in position . Funny to watch often. But then they are Scottish dogs . lol

In the Retriever field the Home base of everything is the heel position from Lining and casting and steadiness and honor ,so the dog has to 'want' to be at the 'heel position' at all times . In the USA retriever world those 'Fire breathers' that were mentioned with 'collar' have a different heel at 'the line' ...It's what I call 'Hair trigger' and all the Go is just on a hair breath ,but even them had to have 'Heel' , no wonder as they would just 'Go' . :wink:

Back here in 'Limey' land where we know almost 'Jack sh*t' about e-collar training ,some of us just wonder what all the fuss is about 'Heel' when it's really just walking a dog without telling it , and some really stupid ones like me do it with 3 and sometimes more , then I go and do it with live game flying all over the place and shots going off and birds falling from the sky . Silly I know , but It works . Wanna buy my Invisible Lead MG ? ..It's available in all colors and sizes with Free 24 hr delivery. Just send a cheque for $9.99 to Marie Curie cancer research :roll: :D ..
These three pups are wearing them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnkroc0fA0

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:53 am

Crack commented "And therein lies the second "flowing" problem with the Wonder Lead - getting it secreted away on your person before the dog's running the test. The Wonder Lead being a stiff piece of rope that doesn't lend itself to neat filing away takes some pregame stowing strategy"

Just do as the cowboys do in rodeos with their backup piggin string, from which the Wonder lead originated. Coil it and tuck it into your pants at the small of your back. Their primary piggin string is coiled and held in their teeth. :D

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 pm

crackerd wrote: I personally use a British slip lead going to (and from) the line, but as Robert would be the first to tell you, I don't have one of those rank firebreathing black dogs to deal with, either...They're the more "deserving" recipients of Wonder Lead use among retrievers.

MG
I thought it was 'Non Slip' retrievers over that side MG ? :mrgreen:

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:13 pm

shags wrote:
DonF wrote:

Just saying.....??
It's a pointy dog thing 'invented' by a pointy dog trainer (Delmar Smith). It's not something you'd necessarily see or read about in general training sessions, videos, or books. Unless you read Delmar's book or use the Huntsmith approach to training. I think maybe Sherry Ebert used one in her video, too.

Don, before the wonder lead I can tell ya how things were done(in my yard anyway)...yank, yank, stop, yank, u-turn, yank, stop, u-turn, yank yank until arms were tired or the dog was wore out. Rinse and repeat over days and days :lol: A few minutes on the WL with a few light tugs and a tap or three, and I've got a big headstrong dog heeling nicely. Want to teach 'whoa' quick and easy? Try the WL with a half hitch on the flank. It's perfect for point of contact intro moving on the the ecollar on either neck or flank.
I think the concept behind the Wonder Lead came from the "piggin' string" or "goat string". Makes sense when you think about Delmar's farming background and the genius ways he adapts "cowboy logic" to pointing dog training. I followed Sherry Ebert's method (well a combo of Sherry and Delmar) and she uses a Wonder Lead. It's amazing how quick it works and, if done right, the dog is happy and looks nice and relaxed walking at heel (no cowering or tail between the legs that you see some dogs doing). Pretty cool little tool.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 am

To all -

Wanted to post an update.

This past weekend I participated in a Field day at a nearby WMA that was hosted by the Maryland Sporting Dog Assn. The Idea was to have training areas a for the different disciplines, retrievers, flushers and pointing dogs. I was there to help out with the pointing dogs.

An older gent had a big strapping young dog on a lead and he was having a heck of a time, even with a belly hitch. He said that he had a bad back and was going to have to quit because he couldn't deal with the dog any longer. he was a very nice man, but I could see he was being a bit too genteel with the dog and letting the dog take advantage.

I asked him if he had tried anything else and he said the e-collar. So I asked him if I could try something with the dog. He said OK.

So I put a pinch collar on the dog and did a couple of heel/whoa repetitions. The dog tried to pull(of course) and I popped him pretty good a couple of times. Then I took off the pinch collar and put on my old, beat up pigging string and did a few more heel/whoa reps. the dog tried to surge forward on the first on, and I popped the lead. after that...he walked pretty nicely by my side. I did this for a couple of minutes and rewarded the dog with pats on the flank when he did what he was supposed to.

I then turned the dog over to his owner. I explained everything I had done and showed him how and where to hold the lead and how to work the dog with it. He did a few heel/whoa reps with the dog and his face absolutely lit up when he realized that the dog was responding and walking calmly with him. He did some 90 degree turns and was visibly shocked that the dog was heeling right where it should and responding with very light cues.

Anyhow, I scrounged around in my dog box, found my spare pigging string in the bottom of the box and sent him home with it.

The dang thing really does work.

RayG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Is it still working ?. and how is the back ?
I'm sure Ray don't need his string back.

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:30 pm

polmaise wrote:Is it still working ?. and how is the back ?
I'm sure Ray don't need his string back.
I retired quite a few years ago so I'm not still working. My back is just fine for an old geezer but thank you for asking.

And no I don't need the string back. I have another spare and it is already in the dog box.

You never know when it might be needed.

I actually told the gentleman to pass it on to someone else who may need it, when and if he no longer needs it. I believe in paying things forward, especially with bird dogs. Folks helped me, so I do what I can. For free.

Did you want me to re-send you the link so you can get your very own string? I would be happy to help you out.

RayG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 pm

birddogger2 wrote: Did you want me to re-send you the link so you can get your very own string? I would be happy to help you out.

RayG
That's very kind Sir' , Thank You. However I'll continue with the Invisible one that I've been using . It won't wear out .
I'll be happy to pass it on to all the good folks in the Dog world like your good self who are willing to share . :D
atb

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Polmaise -

As you wish.

I must admit that I am intrigued by the concept of an "invisible wonder lead". Perhaps the next time you are stateside or the next time I do a rough shoot in your neck of the woods, you could bring one of those with you. :D

As always, be well.

RayG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:01 pm

I can send you one if you wish :wink:
That's what us good Dog folk do .
I demonstrated all 3 colors earlier on a video/clip . Take your pick . lol

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:06 pm

I bought an invisible lead shortly after I bought my first wonder lead and did not care much for it. Still have both, they are both like new. maybe I will sell the wonder lead.Cj

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:59 pm

polmaise wrote:I can send you one if you wish :wink:
That's what us good Dog folk do .
I demonstrated all 3 colors earlier on a video/clip . Take your pick . lol

That would be most appreciated. I do apologize, most profoundly, but I could not see the three colors. Perhaps it was more invisible to me than it was to you? As far as colors, I prefer the raspberry, but do send me whatever color you have the most of. In any case I will gladly pay the postage. Shouldn't be much, I think, considering it is an imaginary, er, I mean, invisible wonder lead.
RayG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:18 pm

birddogger2 wrote:I think, considering it is an imaginary,
RayG
You see' , sometimes You just have to look further than what You know :wink:
Alway's a pleasure to help :mrgreen:

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:19 am

polmaise wrote:
birddogger2 wrote:I think, considering it is an imaginary,
RayG
You see' , sometimes You just have to look further than what You know :wink:
Alway's a pleasure to help :mrgreen:
I sometimes find it difficult to see that far.

As I said, I prefer the color of the raspberry. But, would you know what shade of Hubris you have on hand or is it IN hand? :D :lol:

Carry on. But then... I know you will. :P

RayG

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:01 am

It seems to be very difficult for some people to see farther than what they know. That fact is the biggest inhibiter of progress..........Cj

birddogger2

Post by birddogger2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:40 pm

cjhills wrote:It seems to be very difficult for some people to see farther than what they know. That fact is the biggest inhibiter of progress..........Cj
Yes. It is apparently a surprisingly common affliction. Those who thinkit does not apply to them...are probably afflicted the most.

RayG

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:05 am

I ordered one from gun dog supply yesterday I have a 7 month old that wont stop pulling and I have jerked and jerked her neck off with a lead , what the heck 30 bucks with tax, that's nothing compared to the money in the bird hunting business lol trailers , guns, dogs, dog boxes, trucks, kennels , gas for 10 day trips to Montana :-) :D :D :D Rented room in Montana, and I am sure I have left numerous things out lol

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:00 am

The wonder lead arrived on my doorstep today, and so with a nice cool day with light rain I took my pulling hard charging pointer for a run at first she was tugging but slowly slowed I turned her loose and around the lake we went and as the house was 400 yards away I called her in put the wonder lead around her neck only pulled a few times I put it in front of the ear and behind the other this puts more pressure on dog and I have to say I guarantee it worked a few more times out she will wont be pulling my shoulder out of place lol , so you non believers keep doing your old school jerking on a leash and in 4 or 5 months you might have your dog heel broke lol i had mine not pulling in one trip around a 10 acre lake!!!!!!

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am

tailcracken pointer wrote:The wonder lead arrived on my doorstep today, and so with a nice cool day with light rain I took my pulling hard charging pointer for a run at first she was tugging but slowly slowed I turned her loose and around the lake we went and as the house was 400 yards away I called her in put the wonder lead around her neck only pulled a few times I put it in front of the ear and behind the other this puts more pressure on dog and I have to say I guarantee it worked a few more times out she will wont be pulling my shoulder out of place lol , so you non believers keep doing your old school jerking on a leash and in 4 or 5 months you might have your dog heel broke lol i had mine not pulling in one trip around a 10 acre lake!!!!!!

I am glad it is working for you....but you have not tried a pinch collar or you would not talk about "old school jerking" not true! Big hard charging dogs will not pull same as you describe!

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:55 am

no I havnt tried that , I can see how it would work though