missing photos? Photobucket

MNTonester

missing photos? Photobucket

Post by MNTonester » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 am

I'm noticing a number of missing photos on some of the posts. This is from another forum:
Hi all, seems like PB is now charging if you want to post Pics. Some accounts have been disabled. Here's where I found out:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubb ... 386&page=1

Happen to anyone here?

Grange

Re: missing photos? Photobucket

Post by Grange » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:41 pm

I looked at a couple photos I posted here where I used photobucket and they are still showing up, but on the same page there were other posters that had their photos from Photobucket not showing. No clue why mine were still showing.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Some of those missing photos are my fault. Sorry.
When you clean up your library- delete older photos- they will disappear from wherever you posted them.
I thought the threads were old enough that it didn't matter, but maybe not.
I'll put back what I can.

edited for grammar
Last edited by Sharon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 am

Photobucket has, I.M.O., become a bit of a nightmare to use. Adverts pop up all over the place and it's general layout has become more difficult to negotiate. It has now been quite a while since I last even tried to use photobucket. It needs to be simplified .....or maybe it's just me ?

Bill T.

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 am

Trekmoor wrote:Photobucket has, I.M.O., become a bit of a nightmare to use. Adverts pop up all over the place and it's general layout has become more difficult to negotiate. It has now been quite a while since I last even tried to use photobucket. It needs to be simplified .....or maybe it's just me ?
Bill, PB has become their own worst nightmare - the site is doomed in the aftermath of banning "third-party hosting" (unless they get by with extorting $399 a year from you for doing so). See here https://betanews.com/2017/07/04/photobu ... g-charges/

MG

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 am

I'm pleased to hear that my general incompetence with computers is not the cause of me having had so much trouble with photobucket.
I think I first used it about 14 years ago when I got my first computer to mess about with. Back then I had no trouble with PB so I could not understand why I had trouble more recently.

PB has got no chance of surviving if they insist on charging so much money for what other sites like Smugmug do for free. I haven't tried Smugmug, does anyone have any comments , good or bad about it ?

Bill T.

luvthemud

Post by luvthemud » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:40 am

I logged onto photobucket for the first time in a long time a couple months ago. Was shocked to see the disaster it had become.

Would be so nice if google would allow hosting via Drive or Photos. Going to check out Smugmug.

Montana

Post by Montana » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 am

I use smugbug all the time now. Photobucket has become almost impossible to use..... Half the time I can't even log in to see my photos. I do pay a yearly fee for my smugbug account, but I see it as insurance on my photos as I take tons of photos. Smugbug works great for me. If my computer crashes and I lose the photos in "My Pictures", I have them all on smugbug and can retrieve them at any time. I think my yearly fee is $39.99... Cheap insurance for me as I'm a bit of a photo bug. My sister in law has 85,000 photos stored on smugbug (probably more than that now as that was a while back). I can order photos on smugbug, make photo books, post photos on forums like this, etc.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 am

I got an account on another site. Anyone know how to delete the stuff on photobucket?

hettmoe

Post by hettmoe » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:55 pm

I just deleted each folder, and then hit " Delete Account"