American brittany lines

whatsnext

Re: American brittany lines

Post by whatsnext » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:57 am

I could see how a roan colored britt could go unnoticed i had a female that was mostly liver with ticking and i passed her up a few times in some ditch banks.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:52 am

I picked a breeding now I just have to pick a pup
Thanks for all the help

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:12 am

What breeding did you decide on ?

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:45 am

Shambos dark shadow/Nolan's last bullet/ just call me Roy are the more notable names in the pedigrees, its some what local so I can drive to pick him up, i can post the pedigrees when I get it

jtg

Post by jtg » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

jetjockey wrote:Why no talk of Blaze Dakota Trucker lines? On the trial circuit, he's produced some awesome dogs. While I understand some people don't like the roan, you can't argue his production of dogs who have competed against the best 1 hr All age dogs in the country. Heck, there are several of his grand sons and daughters who have mopped up as young dogs. Dogs who won as Derbys, and have done just as well as adults. In 2011, he produced, or grand sired 3 of the top 12 dogs in the Purina AA points standings, and two of those dogs weren't 4 years old yet. He's produced dogs that have won the Chicken, Pheasant (twice I believe), and multiple other places in those trials, including placing at Nationals at least three times. Name a big championship, and chances are, either he, or a dog he has produced, has won it.

Heck, his Brother was a NFC, RU NFC, and AA dog of the year........ I'm surprised nobody mentioned any of them..
would love to talk to Blaze Dakota Trucker's owner or principal handler - looked up his FT placements data base - curious to know if they're all there - he was born 1993 but all 23 placements span 1999 to 2003, all in AA stakes biggest win in the 1999 against 52 starters - impressive - curious because he's in my Britt's line - my Britt runs like an AA dog, though I handle him on foot, so he's just a big-rennin' gun dog and he's taking a long time to get his bird work in order - seems he may have a lot of Trucker in him - if database is right, Truker's entire FT career ran from age 6 to 10 - if anyone knows how to contact someone who knew Trucker well, please help me out, just want a brief chat about his development and various traits - thanks

TTIERNS

Post by TTIERNS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Why no mention of Peter Gunn from Carter Kennel in Georgia. He is the only dog to win both the national and national amateur gundog of the year as well as some other national titles.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

jtg wrote:
jetjockey wrote:Why no talk of Blaze Dakota Trucker lines? On the trial circuit, he's produced some awesome dogs. While I understand some people don't like the roan, you can't argue his production of dogs who have competed against the best 1 hr All age dogs in the country. Heck, there are several of his grand sons and daughters who have mopped up as young dogs. Dogs who won as Derbys, and have done just as well as adults. In 2011, he produced, or grand sired 3 of the top 12 dogs in the Purina AA points standings, and two of those dogs weren't 4 years old yet. He's produced dogs that have won the Chicken, Pheasant (twice I believe), and multiple other places in those trials, including placing at Nationals at least three times. Name a big championship, and chances are, either he, or a dog he has produced, has won it.

Heck, his Brother was a NFC, RU NFC, and AA dog of the year........ I'm surprised nobody mentioned any of them..
would love to talk to Blaze Dakota Trucker's owner or principal handler - looked up his FT placements data base - curious to know if they're all there - he was born 1993 but all 23 placements span 1999 to 2003, all in AA stakes biggest win in the 1999 against 52 starters - impressive - curious because he's in my Britt's line - my Britt runs like an AA dog, though I handle him on foot, so he's just a big-rennin' gun dog and he's taking a long time to get his bird work in order - seems he may have a lot of Trucker in him - if database is right, Truker's entire FT career ran from age 6 to 10 - if anyone knows how to contact someone who knew Trucker well, please help me out, just want a brief chat about his development and various traits - thanks
Sent you a PM

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am

I have followed K9 over the years and she has put out some really nice dog's. I remember her going with the Beeline dog she got as a pup, I could well be mistaken about that. She's always had very nice dog's before that too, have seen a few run in trials here in Oregon. She is very contentious about her breeding it seem's to me. I know Chucker from trials here in Ore too. Doesn't seem like the guy know's how to finish out of the placement's, his dog are a force to be reckoned with. I could get a pup from either sight unseen and be comfortable with it.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:37 pm

ibbowhunting wrote:Shambos dark shadow/Nolan's last bullet/ just call me Roy are the more notable names in the pedigrees, its some what local so I can drive to pick him up, i can post the pedigrees when I get it
Had to look 2 of those up and they sure look darn good!

MGIII

American brittany lines

Post by MGIII » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm

This is a nice old thread that has been brought back to life. Any questions about pedigree on britts talk to arlette at K9. She knows her stuff

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm

There is a lot of Pedigree info on:
Brittanydata.com

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 pm

There are many good breeders on here with several that have been breeding great dogs across our whole country.

MGIII

American brittany lines

Post by MGIII » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm

deseeker wrote:There is a lot of Pedigree info on:
Brittanydata.com
Yes that too.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 am

In reading the OPs goal, the dog he is looking for needs to have specific attributes. "Run" - the overstated and over-valued asset most hunters look for in a dog often becomes a nightmare if the owner/trainer is not experienced in wild bird hunting, but even more-so in grouse dogs. Yes....top grouse dogs MUST have pace without compromise. But, that is only one of many salient attributes.
"Chasing pedigrees" as was already mentioned, can be a pass-time all of it's own. You can't under-estimate the value in a ped however the choice is not restricted to one or two selections. Talk about info overload...!!! Beyond that, you must transform the content on a piece of paper into a living breathing dog - easier for some than others. There are MANY wonderful Brittany peds out there but in my experience some Britts excel at certain aspects of the sport over others. Again, as I understand it, the OP is not looking to acquire a viable trial competitor.
If I was looking for a brag grouse dog, I would look at the cover trial Britts. Inevitably they will have come from many of those same enviable peds that have been mentioned. The clincher in that venue is that cover dogs have to repeatedly demonstrate speed (pace) to slam that grouse so that it tucks up and doesn't flush or run, bottom end in very nasty cover, the nose to find and produce grouse at that frenetic pace for both handler and judge (often with a gallery in tow!), be smart enough to know where to apply their efforts, yet still be co-operative enough to perform all these fetes so that you can focus on hunting birds.......not dogs.
Yup...look up the Foster Awards site (http://www.fosteraward.com). I think that is your best bet for a capable grouse Britt and if they can produce grouse for the gun, they can hunt anything whether in dense cover or open prairies.
"Range" - that abused term - is determined by habitat not a pedigree. "Independence" on-the-other-hand, starts out in a pedigree, might come to fruition in the fabric of one or some of the pups from that breeding - not all. Furthermore, that independence needs to be cultivated/nurtured in the young dog, especially in his/her formative months. The latter is not what I understand the OP to be looking for.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 pm

would love to talk to Blaze Dakota Trucker's owner or principal handler - looked up his FT placements data base - curious to know if they're all there - he was born 1993 but all 23 placements span 1999 to 2003, all in AA stakes biggest win in the 1999 against 52 starters - impressive - curious because he's in my Britt's line - my Britt runs like an AA dog, though I handle him on foot, so he's just a big-rennin' gun dog and he's taking a long time to get his bird work in order - seems he may have a lot of Trucker in him - if database is right, Truker's entire FT career ran from age 6 to 10 - if anyone knows how to contact someone who knew Trucker well, please help me out, just want a brief chat about his development and various traits - thanks[/quote]

JTG---
Trucker's owner was Randy Walth(SD). His pro was Rob Rohner(MO). I don't know where Randy is now, but Rob Rohner trains gun dogs at Upland Dogworks in Burchard Nebraska. If you get on the web and go to Upland Dogworks, I'm sure they would have a way to contact Rob either thru a phone or e-mail.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm

TTIERNS wrote:Why no mention of Peter Gunn from Carter Kennel in Georgia. He is the only dog to win both the national and national amateur gundog of the year as well as some other national titles.
. Pete went to a lot of trials in his first 2 years. That said, I have a Peter Gunn grand daughter/ tequila joker grand daughter. She has 9 HOF dogs in her pedigree. Use her in NSTRA and wild Valley Quail hunting. Last year she hit 4 birds on 65 acres in 15 minutes. Each bird was in opposite corners of the field. Same weekend she retrieved a wounded bird at 1200 ft. Never slowed down till the bird was in my hand. Got 99 points for that retrieve. Today tuning up for quail opener she pointed about 30 single birds in an hour. Convinced me we need a Garmin astro before opener. About Arlet and K-Nines, they are really hot hunters also. Lots of drive.

RyanDoolittle

Post by RyanDoolittle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Just call Beeline Brittney and talk to Nolan.....cut to the chase. They have a facebook page as well.

I've watched alot of Brittanys and they really don't fit my fancy, they don't really excite me at all. A friend has a double bred Nolans Last Bullet male that's really nice. One of the few Brittanys that really put me up in my saddle when it's running.