Hello!

JohnWMcCoy

Hello!

Post by JohnWMcCoy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:18 am

My name is Wes McCoy and I am from Central MD.

I have hunted goose in the past but this season I have decided to take advantage of the opportunities I have (unlimited access to water front in Rock Hall on Langford creek) and get more involved with hunting. I have a nine-year old English Springer Spaniel, but when I got him in my twenties I did not have the skills/knowledge/experience/opportunities to hunt to get him the training he needed to hunt. However, over the last year I have been going back and trying to do some training with Reagan to better train myself in preparation for getting a GSP in the next year or so. Additionally, my brother has just gotten a sweet Gordon Setter pup and we have been spending much of our free time researching and learning how to train him up as well.

If there is anybody in the MD area looking to teach some eager young hunters please reach out to me. I really do not want to join a hunting club or anything, I just have not read great things about how they operate and such. I just want to wisdom from those veterans out there.

Timewise65

Re: Hello!

Post by Timewise65 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm

What type of hunting are you planning to do? Waterfowl or Upland game...

JohnWMcCoy

Post by JohnWMcCoy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 am

I am wanting to do both!

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm

I could help with some suggestions if you were only focused on Waterfowl, but since you are working with a Setter and doing Upland Game...I will have to let the experts on here help you out...

Good Luck

JohnWMcCoy

Post by JohnWMcCoy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm

I am still open to learning more about waterfowl hunting!

If you have any good websites etc to share I am just looking to learn

Wes