New Member - Pittsburgh Area

BuckeyeSteve

New Member - Pittsburgh Area

Post by BuckeyeSteve » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 am

Hi,
I'm Steve. I'm new to bird dogs, but am anxious to hopefully learn as much as I can and be as successful as possible in training my Brittany. I should be getting our new pup in mid January. She'll have a great pedigree and I'm hoping that even as a novice trainer I can help her reach her potential.

I have hunted all my life, but I haven't been a big bird hunter. I have a little experience on Grouse, I've gotten a couple pheasants, and there's been a dove hunt here and there....but most of my hunting has been rabbit, squirrel, and deer archery. I don't know a lot of bird hunters in the area, but if anyone would like a new gung ho hunting partner who will eventually have a great dog, I'd love to meet some new hunting buddies.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: New Member - Pittsburgh Area

Post by Sharon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) Several exceptional AF trials in PA where you can walk with dog owners and learn plenty.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Fitter47449

Post by Fitter47449 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Hey Steve, I’m not that far from you at all. Good luck with the new pup when get her.

Fozzie's Mom

Post by Fozzie's Mom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:10 am

Good morning!

I'm from southwest Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.

I'm very new here, and am completely new to hunting anything! I've got a young golden retriever with strong hunting lines that is showing much promise, so we're learning together! I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible over the winter so we can hit the ground running in the spring.

I also train horses . . . . I start colts and retrain those that have bad attitudes. . . . . . . . and am a lindy hop instructor. 8)

Thank you, in advance, for any tips and pointers we can use!

nittanybevo

Post by nittanybevo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi! I'm also new to this. I have a 5 month old german shorthair. My daughter and I fish and hunt together. No one else in my immediate family hunts, so it's been challenging to learn. We live south west of Pittsburgh. We are active in the public events of the sportsmens clubs around us, shoot clays and my daughter shoots .22 also.

ckfowler

Post by ckfowler » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 am

I am hosting a UFTA trial Feb 3/4 just SE of Columbus. Couple folks from PA and NE OH coming and a great opportunity to hang out with dog folks. Flushing dogs on Sat and Pointing dogs in Sun. All welcome to come watch and walk along on runs.
http://www.ufta-online.com/upcoming_events.php
Colin

BuckeyeSteve

Post by BuckeyeSteve » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:16 am

ckfowler wrote:I am hosting a UFTA trial Feb 3/4 just SE of Columbus. Couple folks from PA and NE OH coming and a great opportunity to hang out with dog folks. Flushing dogs on Sat and Pointing dogs in Sun. All welcome to come watch and walk along on runs.
http://www.ufta-online.com/upcoming_events.php
Hey! sorry I missed this, I didn't catch the reply until just now. If you would, keep me in the loop on future events -- I'd love to attend.

Thanks!