"PLACE BOARD 101"

Irishwhistler

"PLACE BOARD 101"

Post by Irishwhistler » Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 am

Aye Mates,
Class is in session for wee MAC as is conducted by the OL' DOG WHISTLER. I work with pups under the philosophy that every moment is a teachable opportunity. I start early on with high frequency socialization with humans and other K9's. Bolding walks to encourage both problem solving, self confidence building, agility, physical conditioning, exposure to a variety of environmental conditions, and very passive introduction to obedience, are daily activities. I make it fun and highly motivational through well planned success based training.
DSC04858Resized_Fotor Place Board 101.jpg

So, wee MAC (9 weeks old) was introduced to the "PLACE BOARD" this morning with his sire TRAD lending his assistance to the lesson. Like all the retrievers I work with, MAC will spend increasingly frequent time on the place board which will serve as a concrete and less abstract starting and ending point as he is learning the mechanics of the retrieve. The place board and related training on it will also serve in eventually forging MAC into a steady retriever as he learns to remain on the platform during marking drills, he will learn that he is not to leave it to make a retrieve until released by me on command to do so. Many, many skill sets are to be learned in MAC's future, one building upon the other as we progress forward, but with frequent revisiting of skills previously learned, the objective being for all such skills to become entrenched in MAC'S continually expanding retriever tool chest.

Faugh A Ballagh,
THE DOG WHISTLER
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Featherfinder

Re: "PLACE BOARD 101"

Post by Featherfinder » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 am

Great stuff. Keep us posted as pup evolves.

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Featherfinder wrote:Great stuff. Keep us posted as pup evolves.

WILL DO.

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed May 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Featherfinder wrote:Great stuff. Keep us posted as pup evolves.

WILL DO.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Thu May 03, 2018 8:20 am

Good stuff,Irishwhistler. I been using the the PB system since the early 1990's. Easy for the dogs and handler to develop just about any behavior you want. A very simple approach to learning and advancing behaviors. The Big Cat trainers have used it for over 100 yrs years to bring Lions Tigers and Panthers into the fold.

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am

gundogguy wrote:Good stuff,Irishwhistler. I been using the the PB system since the early 1990's. Easy for the dogs and handler to develop just about any behavior you want. A very simple approach to learning and advancing behaviors. The Big Cat trainers have used it for over 100 yrs years to bring Lions Tigers and Panthers into the fold.
ROGER THAT. I have been working with retrievers for 35 years and it is an integral tool in my training of these wonderful dogs.

Mike

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 am

sent you a private message