Privileges

RatDog

Privileges

Post by RatDog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 pm

It’s been a while and I still can not post or send/respond to PM’s? How long does it take before I can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Privileges

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 pm

You now have 5+ approved posts so you should be able to send / receive PMs.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:57 pm

Cool. Thanks Sharon!

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 pm

It’s still not letting me post or send pm’s?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 pm

It is definitely letting you post, but why you can't send PMs is beyond me. You are not blocked in any way. Are you clicking on the members's name in the thread which takes you to the PM page?
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Test

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:16 pm

When I try to post it still says “post error. Topic does not exist.” Which I’m assuming is what it does when you guys still need to approve my posts.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:19 pm

What the heck!

You have 14 posts on here so obviously posting is not a problem.

IN the top right corner of this post by me, click on my name. Now click on "Send Private Message". Now click on "submit" at the bottom of your PM. If that doesn't work I have no other ideas. Sorry.

Joined:Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm Last active:Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm Warnings:0 [Total posts:14

aahh: "Topic does not exist." This usually means you are going too far back for topics. Unless you make changes in your Control Panel you will only be able to post on topics over the last 6 months. Actually we prefer members not bring up topics that are more than a year old anyways.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:34 pm

To set your preferences , follow these steps.

1/ Go to Main page /Board Index

2/ Click on your name in the top right corner

3/ Click on Control Panel tab

4/ Choose your preferences. Make sure the part about how far back you want to see threads is about 4- 6 months.

Also no idea why I still have to approve your posts. Bizarre. I did a little magic and that may help.

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Test

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:08 pm

I contacted the administrator so we should get this need to have your posts approved solved soon. Sorry.

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 pm

No worries. Thanks for your help. Sorry for being needy

RatDog

Post by RatDog » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:06 am

All better now

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Good. We have to stop meeting like this. :D That will be $30.00 an hour. :wink: ( You know I'm just having some fun.)

BigK75

Post by BigK75 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:53 am

I think this is my fifth post now. I will try it and see if it lets my send PMs.

Thanks,

Claude

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:37 pm

I’m having some trouble also. Every time I post from Tapatalk, I get an error that the thread doesn’t exist. If I tap “reply” again, it says I can’t post again so soon. If I cancel out, sometimes my post appears. Sometimes it doesn’t.

When it does appear, it is usually hours later and it says it needs to be approved.

I understand the need to control spammers and mark 5 posts approved, but with these other issues added in, it is enough to run a guy off.

I appreciate the moderator reaching out to me in PM to tell me about the 5 post rule. It’s a shame I can’t even say thanks.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202012 ... 078f4a.jpg[/IMG]

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:44 pm

It is hard to get freedom to post on here initially. Unfortunately , spammers/advertisers have caused that problem. Also don't want a brand new member abusing other members by PM right off the bat. ......has happened. I know nothing about tap a talk - still have a flip phone. :) Maybe others can help you with your tap a talk question.
You should be free now( 5 posts posted) so you can say thank you. :D

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Thank you, Sharon! I would have replied in the PM, but I don’t have the option.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Everything should be fine now; let me know if it isn't. You'll get lots of expert help here on getting a new dog started right.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:58 pm

granite 7

I don't know why your posts still have to be approved. I have to send an unapproved one to the administrator to get that fixed. I will do it with your next post. Say something here. Sorry.

granite7

Post by granite7 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi Sharon, thank you for your help. It appears that I will also need some admin assistance to allow private messaging.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:13 pm

as per your unapproved above post :

I have left it unapproved so the administrator can deal with it.

I emailed him just now- 4pm Tuesday.(Ontario time).

I'll let you know here when I hear back from him.

I'm very sorry for the hassle - only happens twice a year so don't go betting anywhere. :)

You seem to be exactly the kind of member we want , so please don't give up yet.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Fixed by the administrator's assistant. Should be fine now. Let me know if it isn't.

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Sharon wrote:Fixed by the administrator's assistant. Should be fine now. Let me know if it isn't.
Thanks for the update. Testing now.

I still don’t have a reply button for PMs.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:07 pm

Well you can't have everything. LOL just kidding you.

Your most recent post came through with no approval YEH!!!!
The administrator's assistant is working now on your PM problem.

................................................................................................................................

" I don't see any issues with Granite7's account. PM reply is allowed for that user. PM-ing to a GROUP on GDF is not. Has he sent a PM before, and understands he must be viewing a private message in order to see a button to reply to the message? Please let me know, I can continue to research his issue tomorrow if need be " quote Four Seasons
.................................................................................

Granite7

PM me in an hour or sooner if you are still up.

Did I tell you I charge $30.00 an hour? :lol:

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:23 pm

$30/hr is a bargain!

Thanks for the help. I was able to send you a reply PM using the website.

There are some problems using Tapatalk to post and message. Since admin offered to continue looking into it, here is a screenshot of the private message interface here. No option to reply.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202012 ... a2d639.jpg[/IMG]

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Well, hey! My last post went through without any errors in Tapatalk!

For reference, this is the reply button I should be able to see when reading my inbox (pic from another forum).

granite7

Post by granite7 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:32 pm

And one last bit of information for admin. This is what happens when I try to send a new PM instead of a reply.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202012 ... 6c0176.jpg[/IMG]

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 pm

The admin has all your concerns now. Hopefully things work out for you.

granite7

Privileges

Post by granite7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks, Sharon! I am all fixed up now. I still can’t PM here using Tapatalk, but I can work around that. No worries on that part. I just wanted to share this in case it helps someone after me.

I’ll await your invoice

fourseasons

Re: Tapatalk PM Reply Button

Post by fourseasons » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks for your details on the Tapatalk PM button issue. I've checked the GDF software system configuration for using Tapatalk and it is definitely set up so that those persons having confirmed accounts with Tapatalk prior to signing up with GDF should not have to have posts approved separately in GDF when using Tapatalk. Tapatalk has been configured on this Forum for some years now. Your user ID is configured here on GDF to allow sending Private Messages (PM), so I'm not sure where else the issue might be. Others here use Tapatalk and I'm not aware of this same issue.
I've done some quick research on Tapatalk issues and see that they recommend trying a different browser to see if that solves the problem.
Otherwise maybe try a reboot of your phone and see if that works?
Keep us posted!

granite7

Privileges

Post by granite7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:24 pm

fourseasons wrote:Thanks for your details on the Tapatalk PM button issue. <snip> Otherwise maybe try a reboot of your phone and see if that works?
Keep us posted!
Thank you for double checking. A reboot of the phone did not solve the issue. I deleted the app, which also deletes all local data. I reinstalled from the App Store and logged in with my Tapatalk credentials. All of my forums were restored from the cloud. The forum is now working like it should.

ImageImage