Willie T

Post by Willie T » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Willie T. Registered today to comment on a woodcock hunting thread.
Im an old bird hunter from Texas. Grew up hunting quail and waterfowl. I like all breeds of bird dogs and enjoy seeing how others go about training and running their dogs. The versatile breeds intrigue me. Currently I own two Pudelpointers. One is 5 1/2. His pedigree is littered with Chukar dogs from the north west. I run him on a variety of wild upland birds, use him as a dedicated retriever for ducks and geese as well as a tracking dog to recover whitetail deer. I also have a 4 1/2 month old wild child puppy I am bringing along. He also is a product of Chukar dogs. I train my own dogs but have been blessed by some generous dog men as mentors along the way.
Willie

weimdogman

Re: New member

Post by weimdogman » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:50 pm

I have been very impressed with the few pps I have seen. I have read about physical problems hope that isn't a issue for you. Good luck with the pup and good hunting.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:00 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:07 am

Welcome to GDF Willie, nice to have you join us!

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Welcome to the forum. I too have a couple fuzzy faced dogs, GWP's that hunt them all, upland and waterfowl. If you ever get a hankering to chase those bandit running birds in your dogs pedigree let me know. (we have a few chukars in Spudland)

Willie T

Post by Willie T » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:17 am

fishvik wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:01 pm
Welcome to the forum. I too have a couple fuzzy faced dogs, GWP's that hunt them all, upland and waterfowl. If you ever get a hankering to chase those bandit running birds in your dogs pedigree let me know. (we have a few chukars in Spudland)
Thank you for the generous offer. Chukar is a bucket list bird for me. At 61 years of age it is something I need to do while I still have the legs. The breeder of the older dog is in Boise.
Willie