Books

Bird Dog 67

Books

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:45 am

Not sure if anyone else would be interested in this but I'm always looking for books on bird hunting. Not "how to" books but books with hunting stories, like "Thursday's Bird" and "A Hunters Road" "Grouse Feathers" etc. Anybody else think a book section would be a good idea? Just a thought..................

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:36 am

Why not, what's one more. :lol: I mean we already have 24 catergories for a topics to choose from.

Sorry grant, I couldn't pass it up.I hope you don't take offense :)

G

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:15 pm

None taken :D Any ideas for better sections? Let me know....

birddog

Post by birddog » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:04 pm

Got to agree. To many sections. I think if you could consolidate it would stop looking so cluttered and maybe help to eliminate all the one liners.. To me the one liners don't open the door for added discusion. Don't ask me how though because I would not know where to begin.
How about you Gregory. Have, any suggestions?
Janet

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:44 pm

grant wrote:None taken :D Any ideas for better sections? Let me know....

I'll pm you in a little bit.
G

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:00 pm

Okay I'll make my suggestion in public ,that way it may generate a discussion. My suggestion is to have Three folders..

1. A "General section" that would pertains to anything other than dog related ,Religion and politics.

2. a section on "Guns and loading" to where all gun related topics can fall under.From selling guns to technical advise and so on.

3. "Dogs and Hunting" section that would take anything pertaining to dogs under the sun. Inccluding dog related books,videos ,dogs for sell, breeding, health and so on. if the topic is worth discussing than it shoud fall under one of those three section.
Here's why... Picture this sight as a coffee house setting, to where we are all sitting under one roof talking our fool heads off about our passions. That's what I think....

G
Last edited by Gregory on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:13 pm

:?

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:19 pm

grant wrote::?

:?:

Gregory

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:23 pm

:reindeer:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:27 pm

I'd like to do my best to keep politics off.... I might trim off some of the topics that aren't being used, but I'd like to keep more than three topics going...

birddog

Post by birddog » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:57 pm

The way I read Gregorys post was under General: NO Politics, No Religion, could or should be allowed..
Janet

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:03 pm

Gregory wrote: 1. A "General section" that would pertains to anything other than dog related ,Religion and politics.
Other than dog related.... Meaning not related to dogs.....

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:05 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:20 pm

grant wrote:I'd like to do my best to keep politics off.... I might trim off some of the topics that aren't being used, but I'd like to keep more than three topics going...

Grant.
Janet has it right. No politics.

By condensing it down to three folders .I believe it will force discussion to where now it might not. Give you an example.
If I wanted to talk about guns and shooting. The only thing I have to do is click on that folder. By opening that folder I might find something to talk about, comment on or just join in on the topic discussed..

General discussion might be about a movie the wife and i found enjoyable that I might want to pass on, or I might seek an opinion on it from the membership. Hey, pretty soon some one else might come along and bring up another topic, and so on...
What was a recent movie you and the wife last saw that you thought great and the wife didn't ,eh? Maybe you want an opinion on it as to what we thought.. Or you might want to ask a bout a CD you heard about,or about your favorite country artist. Are we talking about topics like that ,now.Nope. would it be bad for Grant if we did,nope.. I think any discussion on any subject except politics should be welcomed from the membership. We will learn about our likes and dislikes.Who knows anything about me ,or what do I know about you. Anotherwords a General discussion will allow us to know little more about each other than just who thinks they can train better than the next fellow.

Dogs and hunting,the same.......... Training help,tarining techniques and methods,health ,hunting trips,fieldtrials,
dog related video's,books,opinions on trainers,breeds, Dog related Items for sale,all can be posted under the Dog and Hunting section.
By clicking on any of the three folders it will save time and confusion from having to scroll the entire page. Plus it will help you as well,by having only three folders to check and see who is being good,bad or naughty. Anyway it's only a suggestion.

G.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:50 pm

grant wrote:I'd like to do my best to keep politics off.... I might trim off some of the topics that aren't being used, but I'd like to keep more than three topics going...
That' the beauty of having three folders Grant. You can have as many topics being discussed as you have now. there is no limit what so ever once you click on one of theose three folders...Our imagination will be the only limiting factor.

G.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Ok, just got home and read this thread again. I was wrong. :(

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:56 pm

I've managed to trim it down some...