First post

gundogguru

First post

Post by gundogguru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:44 am

Howdy ya'll this is my first post on gundog forum. My name is Kevin I'm from summerville SC. I have been training pointing breeds as a pro and now as a semi pro for 15 years. I have 1 master dog and another master in training of my own. I have been in hundreds of hunt tests and I am a lic. AKC judge. With all that said I hope I can help with any questions that my come up. I met Grant this past week end in walhalla. I was running my master dog we got a pass on Saturday and got picked up on sunday. Only 1 master dog out of 5 passed on sunday so I'm in good company.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:48 am

Hi Kevin,

Glad you're on the board. You've got a nice wire. I enjoyed watching it run both days.

Best,

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:49 am

Hey Kevin! I'm glad to see you made it! That dog you've got minds like no other.... Congrats on your passes!

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:12 am

Thanks Guys is was great to meet ya'll. Thanks for the kind words. Greg did you gun for me. If so thanks. Sunday was a real train wreck. When she grabbed that bird you could have blown me over with a feather. She has not done that in years. I was in shock. Dogs you got to love them. Gunner is my heart she is the only pup I kept from her mother Ch EZ COME EZ GO CD MH. I lost her to my ex wife :shock: 3 years ago in my divorce. She will be 5 on mothers day. I should have had her master years ago but after my divorce and lost MY dog I just didn't have the heart to do much. But after a couple of years I have gotten back in to it. I don't take many client dogs any more. my be 1 or 2 a year and mostly wirehairs. Gunner's sister has put some awesome pups on the ground that I have put a couple of juniors on when thye where 7 months old. I'll have 1 of them next year in master. So I'll be seeing ya'll again. Hope ya'll did good on sunday? let me know.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:18 am

Hi Kevin,

Yep. Rick and I were gunning for you. I was as surprised as you when she grabbed the bird. OTOH, the birds just weren't flying good Sunday.

Our shorthair from Rick's dog, Fritz, finished JH two weeks ago and my son took him around for a victory lap Saturday. We'd planned to let my daughter take him out Sunday, but with it being wet, we decided it wasn't a good thing.

My V finished SH Saturday. We were very relieved. I ran him again Sunday so that I could put hands on him while he thought it was for real without it really mattering. It was worth it.

Best,

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:23 am

Congrats on the titles. Great work. How was the weather sunday afternoon? We left early. It looked like it was going to get ugly. I sure was glad I was not in the saddle :D .

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:38 am

gundogguru wrote:When she grabbed that bird you could have blown me over with a feather. She has not done that in years. I was in shock. Dogs you got to love them.
I'd believe that. When I walked you MH brace with y'all, on the back field, that bird you flushed hopped right over the dogs head. She didn't even flinch.

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:57 am

Grant thats why I think she grabbed that bird on Sunday. It was more than she could stand. When she went on point and I saw that the bird was buried I knew it was going to be ugly. I never never bury a bird like that. Just for that reason. The scent cone is to small and the dog doesn't smell it till they are way to close. Oh well it really is not a big deal. If Ii can get 1 pass a week end in Master I am more than happy. That makes 6 tests and 3 pass's so I'am still on track. It's all good. That was the last pointer test for me this year. I have two labs I need to finish there junior and there started ret. titles this season thats UKC tests. You short hair and visula guys should try it. They are a lot on fun. They take any versatlie gun dogs. I need 1 more pass with Gunner to get her started Ret. title. We will be in Savannah this week end to try and do that.