Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

Ladies & Gentlemen,

On March 1, the Pa Legislature is set to Pass the SB 273 The Castle Doctrine, Pa Governor Tom Corbett will sign the legislation a soon as it hit his desk.
This legislation will spell out in legal terms how a Pa home owner has the legal right to protect himself with his fire arms, both in his home and any where in the state that
the a person travels legally. Further it exempts Pa residence from any civil law suit that would occur while legally protecting life and property here in Pa.

Pa returns to its Guns and Bibles in a big big way! Pa people believe strongly in the NRA.

RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 pm

The doctrine has been around and adopted by some states for some time now. Glad PA. is finally going to sign it into lw. We still need to work on the other states that haven't adopted it.

I didn't know or had never heard that PA was a big NRA paradice. Glad to hear though. We better wake some other people up before it is too late.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Ezzy,
You are kidding right, Pa has more Concealed Carry permits and hunting licences sold, than most any state in the USA, if you actually believe Obama carried Pa with his gun control past, just wait till our legislature passes the Voter Identification Act, scheduled just prior to the next Presidential Election. All this double and tripple voting
by the big city populace here in Pa, is about to come to an end. 70% of the Pa population still lives in Rural America not the cities, most all these homes have some kind of
fire arm, and those people are very conservative minded. Lots of NRA members here in Pa. For way to long these people have been a silent majority, you are about to see a big change and it started this past election by ridding our legislature and Govenorship of the true liberal minority here in this state.

RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:18 pm

No I wasn't kidding but happy to hear you are getting things straighten up. I just know how you get rather wild and careless with facts in many of your posts so I hope this time you are right.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Ezzy,
I have never been wild and careless in any part of my life, because you may not agree with me does not make me either. If you think I am controversial so be it,
wild and careless at anything, I am not.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby slistoe » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:11 pm

ezzy333 wrote:No I wasn't kidding but happy to hear you are getting things straighten up. I just know how you get rather wild and careless with facts in many of your posts so I hope this time you are right.

Ezzy


Despite reading his disclaimer, I wouldn't put any money on it.
slistoe
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Dave your last stretch of the facts is when you reported you had 100,000 square miles to hunt I think it was and I question you about it and you came back with the comment that you had even more area and that. Whatever the figures were which could be looked up was the area you were claiming was 2 1/2 times the size of PA.not just all of the state but two and half times the size of the state.

And I can't recount the times you have been questioned and you would come back with some excuse as tp why you got it wrong. Remember one time it was some important people in the dog world you had been talking to about the dogs and what they had told you and when questioned it turned out to be someone else. Those type of things do make most people wonder what can I believe and what can I not.

You are proud of your life style and that is fine but it doesn't mean you can say and do what you want and use your lifestyle as an excuse. There are thousands of people who have or could have done the same thing if they desired.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Ezzy,
The premise of this particular thread was to let members know about SB 273, The Castle Doctrine. Which has now cleared the Pa Senate Legislative Committee,
to the Pa Senate floor, your doubts about how much of an NRA type state Pa happens to be, seems to be a problem with you. If you want to personally attack me,
step down from your moderator spot and we will have at it, you can bring slistoe along for back up. When SB 273 passes into law here in Pa, there will be little doubt about how much of an NRA state Pa really happens to be.

I don't make excuses to you or any one else, I know right from wrong and live it, I suggest you start doing the same.


RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 pm

ezzy333 wrote:The doctrine has been around and adopted by some states for some time now. Glad PA. is finally going to sign it into lw. We still need to work on the other states that haven't adopted it.

I didn't know or had never heard that PA was a big NRA paradise. Glad to hear though. We better wake some other people up before it is too late.

Ezzy

Dave, this is my post that upset you I guess. Didn't know it was controversial. I did nothing but say I was glad they are getting it done. And I did state that I didn't know the state was a bastion of NRA members but sure glad it is. Our state isn't because we have Chicago. NRA is the strongest in rural areas.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby shooter2005 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:48 am

i am a proud NRA member and ccw holder from PA. ive been away from the state for a little bit now because of deployments and such but i am glad to see PA is supporting the right to bare arms. I hope to see other states getting onboard with this as well.
User avatar
shooter2005
Rank: Just A Pup
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 am
Location: williamstown, pennsylvania

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:33 am

Ezzy,
Not up set at you, at all. When I use big numbers to emphasize things like large forest areas its not a mistake and it not unplanned.
Not beinga able to see each other on the computer changes al lot of conversations.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Ezzy,
Not up set at you, at all. When I use big numbers to emphasize things like large forest areas its not a mistake and it not unplanned.
Not beinga able to see each other on the computer changes al lot of conversations.
RGD/Dave


So why not use accurate numbers so people can believe you. When we know we can't believe half of what you say we never know what to believe and what not. And this is not just me but most people on here that read your posts. Thats why so many people are writing off anything you say.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Ezzy,
Again your premise is insulting, not many have a tendency to write off what I say, however its easier to accept a lie than to believe the truth.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Ezzy,
Again your premise is insulting, not many have a tendency to write off what I say, however its easier to accept a lie than to believe the truth.
RGD/Dave

It's not meant to be insulting but after reading all of your post, it is nothing more than advice that would enhance your position with the piers you have on this forum and in the dog world. I am sure you are a better person than what some of your posts indicate. Being able to hunt the mountains of PA, having a cabin there to work out of, and having a few nice dogs is something most of us would love and enjoy. Probably just as much as what we have now in our home areas. But though it is different that does not mean better. It just means that our wants and responsibilities did now allow us all to spend our lives in the mountains, on the prairies, or on the plantations but where ever we settled we found a place that offered opportunities that we could live with just as you have. No better, no worse, just what we wanted or needed.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Ezzy,
All this has nothing to do with the Castle Doctrine and its support by the NRA and the people of Pa, which was the original premise of this thread.
For a moderator you have a tendency to drift off into your own thought patterns, rather than stay with the intended thread conversation.
The Castle Doctrine SB 273 is scheduled for final Senate vote March 7th and all foolish liberal amendments haved been eliminated from the Bill.
The legislation should become Pa law around the 10th of March 2011 or before.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby DougB » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Ezzy,
You are kidding right, Pa has more Concealed Carry permits and hunting licences sold, than most any state in the USA, if you actually believe Obama carried Pa with his gun control past, just wait till our legislature passes the Voter Identification Act, scheduled just prior to the next Presidential Election. All this double and tripple voting
by the big city populace here in Pa, is about to come to an end. 70% of the Pa population still lives in Rural America not the cities, most all these homes have some kind of
fire arm, and those people are very conservative minded. Lots of NRA members here in Pa. For way to long these people have been a silent majority, you are about to see a big change and it started this past election by ridding our legislature and Govenorship of the true liberal minority here in this state.

RGD/Dave


I didn't check on carry permit numbers, but about 70% of PA population lives urban, the same as the rest of the US. 51% of the PA population indicate that they like to vote Democratic, the rest are GOP, Lib, tea party, and some fringe groups. This of course means that it's the true liberal majority. The good news is that a lot of liberals hunt, fish, and like to carry hand guns. I think what the last election showed was a general dislike for any politician in office (and rightly so) . In MN, we kicked out a GOP governor and a Dem house and senate, and reversed them. MN had claims of vote fraud, but investigations found no proof. Our safeguards work.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby nikegundog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Didn't kick out the Governor in MN, he didn't even run.
User avatar
nikegundog
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: SW Minnesota

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:09 pm

nikegundog wrote:Didn't kick out the Governor in MN, he didn't even run.

I wasn't going to say anything as it ruins the whole theory.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Doug,
I can see you have never lived in Pa, what you call urban does not really fly here, you either life in a big city here or you live in small town Rural Pa. At any rate we have a big problem here in the cities, with double and tripple voting. Which has been over riding the majority conservative vote here in Pa for many years, that is about to change with the new Voter identification Act. Believe me when I tell you this, the liberal minority here is shaking in their political shoes, because of this voter Identification legislation. Our Liberal Gun Control X-Governor vetoed the legislature passed Voter Identification act just before election time, in reality he himself, was elected with massive city voter fraud, we also lost Senator Rick Samtorum because of it. If you think this last election was just about which ever political party was in power at the time, you have severely misjudged what is actually happening, especially here in Pa. Do you think the Castle Doctrine legislation is about to be passed by a bunch of liberals. The conservative people here in Pa are about to make some big changes in our state government, and they are starting with the liberal gun control garbage state wide.

RGD/Dave
Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby DougB » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:50 am

nikegundog wrote:Didn't kick out the Governor in MN, he didn't even run.


We replaced him with a Democrat. The theory is if you mix instead of match, the govt gets nothing done. As long as the roads get plowed, we're okay.
Of course,MN is the only state to elect a pro wrestler/former SEAL/comic actor to be governor. Puts us up there with California and their Gobernator.

Lots of liberals hunt. I think it may be mandatory in this state if you want to run for office and win. Our Dem governor is a pheasant hunter. His dogs are German Shepards, but his heart is in the right place.

You want to watch out for someone, beware of Pawlenty. He has a history of making end runs around the legislature to get what he wants.
User avatar
DougB
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 am

Doug,
Got to admit your state is a lot more liberal than ours, our problem has always been that we have a lot of older Union conservative people that are registered Democrates, the new Liberal/Socilist Democratic Party has shown their true stripes and these old Pa conservative people are starting to wake up. The voter intimidation and the voter fraud here in Pa and in Ohio was on blatent display this last election, and the Federal Justic department refused to indite the black panthers and other illegal voters. There is a big investigation going on right now into this mess, and they have found evidence in the Federal Justice department memos that investigations into the Black Panthers fraud and intimidation was actually condoned by the justice department, and an investigation actually haulted by the upper management of the Justice department because the intimidators were black. This is one of the reasons that Pa is working on more Voter Identification legislation. Looks like the voter intimidation is going to be handled by the County Sheriffs Office in this up coming election, here in Pa. Going to be very interesting in Pa this up coming election.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Gentlemen & Ladies,
Pa's Govenor Corbett signed the Castle Doctrine this past week, it is now Pa State Law.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Winchey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 am

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Doug,
I can see you have never lived in Pa, what you call urban does not really fly here, you either life in a big city here or you live in small town Rural Pa.
RGD/Dave


So your facts are wrong this time because you were using your own definitions of rural/urban, you crack me up.
User avatar
Winchey
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am
Location: Oromocto New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Winchey,
I will say this one more time, most people in Pa do not live in the big cities, call it what you like, urban/rural what ever. The majority are conservative
gun owning, Bible owning people, and politicians like Obama are scared to death of them. Many of them belong to the NRA. The voter identification act will be passed before election time this next year, so the inner city people can not double and tripple vote, thus returning Pa to its actual conservative majority.
Those are the facts.
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Truthseeker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:25 pm

the castle doctrine would be a good name for a novel or movie.
Truthseeker
Rank: Junior Hunter
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Please ADD LOCATION

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby displaced_texan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Winchey,
I will say this one more time, most people in Pa do not live in the big cities, call it what you like, urban/rural what ever. The majority are conservative
gun owning, Bible owning people, and politicians like Obama are scared to death of them. Many of them belong to the NRA. The voter identification act will be passed before election time this next year, so the inner city people can not double and tripple vote, thus returning Pa to its actual conservative majority.
Those are the facts.
RGD/Dave

Really?


Do you do math different there?

The Philly and Pittsburgh metro areas contain well over half the population of the state...
User avatar
displaced_texan
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: Mobilehoma

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm

displaced-texan,
Your math is mess up, unless they allow the dead & illegals to vote in the big cities, which is what we are trying to eliminate,
RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby displaced_texan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm not looking at voting numbers, or trying to argue...

When I saw your post I was texting a friend talking about places we could go, I thought of Pennsylvania because of your talking about the endless woods... So we looked up Pennsylvania population density (11th most densely populated in the US). The state population is 12.7 million Philly has 5.9 million in the metro area, Pittsburgh has 2.3 million...

Maybe she and I are being picky, but we aren't going to a state that's more densely populated than Oklahoma :D
User avatar
displaced_texan
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: Mobilehoma

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 am

Displaced_ Texan,
Montana is also a great state to hunt and has very few people, if you are worried about being around very few people.
The merto area of Phily and Pittsburgh have many small boros, which are not really part of the big city at all, but have big city mailing addresses, such as Forest Hills, Pa.
My fathers legal address was 129 Avenue A, Pittsburgh, Pa 15221. Which is definitely not Pttsburgh at all, but a small boro some 13 miles outside of Pittsburgh, named Forest Hills, Pa. This is way when talking about Pa you must understand where the actual population resides, and its not really in the big cities. Most of the population lives in the suburbs/rural Pa, the people are conservative type people, own guns and are deeply religious people. Above Rt 80 most all the population live in Small Town America such as Wellsboro, Pa. We have millions of forested acres of SGL and SFL to hunt here in Pa, don't be fooled about our population in this large state, its 400 miles between
Pittsburgh in Western Pa, and Phily in Eastern Pa, with our capital Harrisburg between. The big cities have always wanted to control our state, however in reality most people live outside the big cities here in Pa. Just this last election when the clamps were put on illegal voting, every liberal democratic judge in the applet Pa court, were voted out of office, except two in the inner city of Phily, this reflects the actual conservative population here in Pa. Right now the House, Senate and the Govonors office are controlled by conservative politicians, that are working on a Voter identification act to make sure illegal voting is virtually eliminated here in Pa, they want to accomplish this prior to the up coming Presidental election. With the new conservative constitutional Castle Doctrine being signed into law, it now looks like the actual conservative population here in Pa is definitely voting, if anyone thinks the majority of gun owning, Bible toating Pa conservative people actually voted for Obama in the last Presidental Election, when Obama was a non Christian, big time Gun control advocate, they are making a big mistake. Voter fraud was rampid here in Pa during the last Presidental election. Pa is cleaning that up right now. Obama's mistake admiting that his religion is Muslem on national radio, where he had to be corrected, into say he was a Christian, is not small item to Pa people, and now with his gun control agenda coming to light in his justice department, Obama stands very little chance to carry Pa in the next Election.



RGD/Dave
User avatar
Ryman Gun Dog
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 am
Location: Endless Mountains of Pa

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Chukar12 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 am

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Obama stands very little chance to carry Pa in the next Election.


Ezzy et al, if Ryman is banned i demand that you let him back on to explain himself...i was counting on him and he let me down
User avatar
Chukar12
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

Chukar12 wrote:
Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Obama stands very little chance to carry Pa in the next Election.


Ezzy et al, if Ryman is banned i demand that you let him back on to explain himself...i was counting on him and he let me down

I have been wondering how he was going to explain it also. He isn't banned as far as I know. I'll check up on it though.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby bwjohn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 am

I don't remember any new gun laws being passed in the last 4 years, did I miss something? Both candidates adamantly announced very publicly in the debates they were in favor of just enforcing current gun laws.

Also, any law abiding citizen (sportsman or not) that is unwilling to wait a little longer for a gun or to not have fully automatic guns, has some very misguided thoughts. Especially with the rash of very public mass shootings that have happened in our country. Why wouldn't you want some control over who is allowed to buy a gun? I could care less if it takes me a week or two longer to get a gun, I will eventually get.

I have nothing to hide.

Brandon
User avatar
bwjohn
Rank: 2X Champion
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am

bwjohn wrote:I don't remember any new gun laws being passed in the last 4 years, did I miss something? Both candidates adamantly announced very publicly in the debates they were in favor of just enforcing current gun laws.

Also, any law abiding citizen (sportsman or not) that is unwilling to wait a little longer for a gun or to not have fully automatic guns, has some very misguided thoughts. Especially with the rash of very public mass shootings that have happened in our country. Why wouldn't you want some control over who is allowed to buy a gun? I could care less if it takes me a week or two longer to get a gun, I will eventually get.

I have nothing to hide.

Brandon

I have nothing to hide either but have no idea what that has to do with this subject. And if I am not willing to wait for a month to get a new gun when mine breaks during hunting season or a trap shoot, or I can't transport my gun in my car or on my person, or I believe what our president said about guns before he became president shouldn't bother me just because it doesn't bother you? I need a better reason since no one has any reason to keep me from buying a gun, knife, or club when I want to buy it. We live in a country that has certain rights as described in the constitution designed to protect our individual freedoms and until that constitution is changed I will give my live to protect those freedoms for you and your family as well as everyone else no matter if you want to use them or not since I know that sometime in the future you will need them if you want to remain free. There is a reason we are the only country that gives of our selves to give other people the same freedom.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Chukar12 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

bwjohn wrote:I have nothing to hide.


I do...I am always covert

I wasn't really re-opening the debate on the doctrine, I just missed Dave and his realities.

bwjohn wrote:Especially with the rash of very public mass shootings that have happened in our country


...and these are more or less egregious than the private mass shootings of Japan and Germany in WW2, or the shootings, stoning, beheading and mutilation in extremist middle east culture? It is pure emotion that leads people to believe that you can regulate common sense.

...again John Adams warned us...
“Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”
― John Adams
User avatar
Chukar12
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Winchey » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

He is busy slaying crazy amounts of grouse over his magic dogs. Tioga and Potter county being several thousand miles from civilization, and the giant forest making it impenetrable to satalite signal, he won't catch news for some time.
User avatar
Winchey
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am
Location: Oromocto New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby bwjohn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm

have nothing to hide either but have no idea what that has to do with this subject. And if I am not willing to wait for a month to get a new gun when mine breaks during hunting season or a trap shoot, or I can't transport my gun in my car or on my person, or I believe what our president said about guns before he became president shouldn't bother me just because it doesn't bother you? I need a better reason since no one has any reason to keep me from buying a gun, knife, or club when I want to buy it. We live in a country that has certain rights as described in the constitution designed to protect our individual freedoms and until that constitution is changed I will give my live to protect those freedoms for you and your family as well as everyone else no matter if you want to use them or not since I know that sometime in the future you will need them if you want to remain free. There is a reason we are the only country that gives of our selves to give other people the same freedom.

Ezzy



a lot of "me" and what "I" want in that post. I am sure the people at Va Tech and Aurora are happy that you can get your gun on the same day. Sometimes we have to think past ourselves.

Also, with the comment on nothing to hide, I am always a little suspicious of people who are worried about if they are going to be able to buy a gun or not. If you are worried about losing your right to buy a gun, if they have to do some background check, maybe you shouldn't have a gun. I am assuming the vast majority of our sportsman have nothing to hide, that is not the group we have to limit. But if I have to have a little inconvenience of waiting for a gun, to save some of these awful tragedies, I hope that is ok with everyone.

Ezzy, by the way it is our president, I assume that you are an US citizen as well. Don't assume you know me or anything about my politics b/c I make a statement that I agree with gun control. For you information, I have voted for both parties at nat. levels and local levels, as any informed citizen should make up their mind about a candidate based on the issues and not the D or R next to their name. To blindly vote based on that with out any consideration has what has led to a large part of the partisan politics that give congress a single digit approval rating.

brandon
User avatar
bwjohn
Rank: 2X Champion
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Provo, UT

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I have nothing to hide either but just because I have nothing to hide still DOENS'T make it any one elses business. :D

If you think a longer waiting period or more background check would have changed VA Tech or any of these nuts your not thinking clearly so maybe you shouldn't own a gun!!
That's your logic NOT MINE!
User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby campgsp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Slow your roll Sparky.
I agree with everything Ezzy said in that quote. Why should I have to wait longer to get my gun because some dumba$$ shot someone. Do you honestly think that they bought that gun just to shoot someone with it. 9 out of ten they already own it.
If my gun breaks and I need a new one for family protection hunting or whatever I'm not willing to wait a month. And I doubt the million other gun owners are too. Right now you sound like a anti gunner with bird dogs as a cover up. Take it how you want but its the truth.
Our country is still intact because we have a freedom to own firearms. Think about it no country is dumb enough to invade us because of it. So thank your founding father's and our constitution for that right. And be happy you have it. Because who knows it might not be around much longer given they only need to appoint one justice to take that right away. And ill tell you it will be a cold day in heck I give my guns up.
User avatar
campgsp
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 am
Location: illinois

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby campgsp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I got off track and I'm on a phone.
They need to enforce the laws we have now and stop trying to add more control. I don't know about you but I don't want to end up living in communism
User avatar
campgsp
Rank: 3X Champion
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 am
Location: illinois

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Winchey » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:17 pm

We spent billions of dollars up here on a long gun registry. It worked flawlessly. RCMP could check to make sure if the person they were going after had any guns registered to them. If they didn't the cops could simply take off their bullet proof vests and leave their own guns in the car when responding. To bad we scraped it.

If someone wants to kill someone bad enough they will, whether it's with a gun, knife or big stick.
User avatar
Winchey
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am
Location: Oromocto New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby Chukar12 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Guns aren’t even the most lethal mass murder weapon. According to data compiled by Grant Duwe of the Minnesota Department of Corrections, guns killed an average of 4.92 victims per mass murder in the United States during the 20th century, just edging out knives, blunt objects, and bare hands, which killed 4.52 people per incident. Fire killed 6.82 people per mass murder, while explosives far outpaced the other options at 20.82. Of the 25 deadliest mass murders in the 20th century, only 52 percent involved guns.



It seems to me that laws are a complex thing, if I dare relate them to dog training and compare our human behavior to dog behavior have we not proven the harm done by making demands that cannot be enforced? From a business leader's point of view a similar dynamic occurs when you allow different standards in an organization, those who follow the rules become victims of those who exploit them, all under the perceived sanctioning of said leader...it creates quite a mess.

This doctrine, and the ancient posts in it have no mention of automatic weapons or waiting periods, it is a testament to buzz that can be created by shamelessly playing on a horrific tragedy and should be a caution for us all about how the masses react when they base their positions on pure emotion
User avatar
Chukar12
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

BW John,'

You are the one that made the statement of nothing to hide and the only time I mentioned the president it was when I stated "our president".

You didn't mention Columbine where the kid wasn't old enough to buy a gun I don't believe, so a waiting period didn't make a difference. Chukar has made some excellent common sense comments. Just too bad some one always thinks more unenforceable laws will solve something. Just seems strange to me that the places with the strictest laws have the most problems. Maybe without so many someone would have had a gun and could have saved some of those people but the real deterrence is that it wouldn't have happened in the first place if the culprit had known his intended victims were armed.

Re-read the posts above yours and you will see how wrong you were.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby birddogger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:23 pm

This doctrine, and the ancient posts in it have no mention of automatic weapons or waiting periods, it is a testament to buzz that can be created by shamelessly playing on a horrific tragedy and should be a caution for us all about how the masses react when they base their positions on pure emotion

Exactly right and no law should be proposed or passed based on emotion. As I have commented in other threads, waiting periods and a lot of other laws accomplish one thing only and that is to limit the rights and harass law abiding citizens. The analogy of "how to cook a frog" is so true. These people who think our freedoms can't or won't be lost and refuse to use common sense and think for themselves are, IMO, our biggest threat.

Charlie
User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby smoothbean » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Ezzy,
You are kidding right, Pa has more Concealed Carry permits and hunting licences sold, than most any state in the USA, if you actually believe Obama carried Pa with his gun control past, just wait till our legislature passes the Voter Identification Act, scheduled just prior to the next Presidential Election. All this double and tripple voting
by the big city populace here in Pa, is about to come to an end. 70% of the Pa population still lives in Rural America not the cities, most all these homes have some kind of
fire arm, and those people are very conservative minded. Lots of NRA members here in Pa. For way to long these people have been a silent majority, you are about to see a big change and it started this past election by ridding our legislature and Govenorship of the true liberal minority here in this state.

RGD/Dave



Looks like Obama has some folks in PA. that like him after all.
If my research is right Obama 52% to Romney 46.8%
I won't hold that against you though. I will be moving back home to Illinois soon and I think they have the worst gun laws in the country.
smoothbean
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: W Central Illinois

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby ezzy333 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Plus the worse of a lot of things. Cook Cty (Chicago) just today passed a new law taxing cigerettes an additional $! per pack, $1 per round of golf, and $25 per gun purchase. They were trying to add .05 to each round of ammo but couldn't make it work.

Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16628
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby nikegundog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Plus the worse of a lot of things. Cook Cty (Chicago) just today passed a new law taxing cigerettes an additional $! per pack, $1 per round of golf, and $25 per gun purchase. They were trying to add .05 to each round of ammo but couldn't make it work.

Ezzy

I fear the worst is yet to come when the Republicans ran and anti-gun candidate for President.
User avatar
nikegundog
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: SW Minnesota

Re: Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control

Postby smoothbean » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm

I wonder if we could figure out a way to give Chicago to China?
That would kill two birds with one stone. Illinois could prosper if rid of it and it wold take down China before they could do anything about it. LOL
smoothbean
Rank: Champion
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:08 pm
Location: W Central Illinois


Return to Legislation & Hunting Rights

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

| Pedigrees

THIS POST : Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control brought to you by Gun Dog Supply: Dog Training Collars & Hunting Dog Supplies

Click here to tweet this post

  • NOT logged in
  • Castle Doctrine - Pa's Answer to Obama & Gun Control
  • ./viewtopic.php?f=95&t=27987&start=0&sid=019a659b27ab9a7ec4748c9b2f538049